Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2008, 09:11 PM
ShaynDaPain

Default Coach ShaynDaPain's 1st post

Hello MFCA. This is my first post, so I'm going to take my time with it.

I'm new to Mini-Electric Football, but very interested. About 6 years ago I bought two boards, a 500, and I think a 610 model. They're in storage right now but they are both very clean, barely used and safe. No dents. I intended to get involved in the hobby back then but never did it.
So yesterday I saw a video on youtube and it got me syked, ready to pull my boards out and get to customizing.

HOLD THE BREAKS...after reading through these forums I now know that I'm going to be so far behind with my knowledge base. I don't even know what bases to invest in. I've read about rookie bases, F5 bases, all that jazz. But that's for another conversation.

What I'm saying is, are there any leagues in Sacramento, CA or N. Cali? I'd like to find somebody into this hobby that would be willing to share with me their experience and tweaking skills.

I can't wait to start developing stronger linemen, faster WR's and some of those shutdown corners I've seen on youtube. I thank you all in advance for being here to help me become a better player.
Old 11-02-2008, 10:14 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaynDaPain View Post
What I'm saying is, are there any leagues in Sacramento, CA or N. Cali? I'd like to find somebody into this hobby that would be willing to share with me their experience and tweaking skills.
There is a new league in San Francisco. John Merida (Coach J) on this forum runs it. He would love to help you.
His email address is: johnjohn700@yahoo.com

Email him and he will get back to you soon.

—Idiom
3. One Bad Em-F-er, negative shout out; pertaining to weirdwolf: There goes one bad EM-F-er. I mean he can’t play and ain’t never win nothin’!

Old 11-02-2008, 11:10 PM
JIMBO

Default Welcome Aboard!

Welcome to The Greatest Hobby On Earth! Make sure you keep that Model 500 for Miniature ARENA Football!!! John and Jeff are 2 of the CLASSIEST guys in this hobby and they'll steer you in the right direction, no doubt!
Old 11-03-2008, 01:12 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Hi There,

Greetings to you my friend. My name is John but I am better known as Coach J and the gentleman who Weirdwolf mentioned to you. To begin with welcome to the hobby and the MFCA chatboard. You have come to a great place to get your miniature football questions answered.

Yes we have a new league in the area called the Northern California Miniature Football League or NCMFL. I would be glad to invite you to one of our league games and hopefully help to answer some of your questions regarding bases and any other questions you have about the hobby. Feel free to contact via email and that is johnjohn700@yahoo.com.

Have a good day, feel free to ask any additional questions, I look forward to hearing from you, and again welcome to the hobby and MFCA chatboard.

John aka Coach J
Old 11-03-2008, 05:44 AM
ShaynDaPain

So I'm on my way down to storage to get my boards this week. In the meantime I'm looking online for some bases and I realized I already have about 40 used bases, give or take...
They look like this
http://www.miniaturefootball.com/for...1&d=1204723355

So I'm asking, are these bases good? Are they easy to tweak? Are they better for speed or power? I can remember them being easy to turn and make agile, but I seem to remember most of them seemed rather weak, and I don't remember if any of them were perticularly fast.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:23 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Check Your Pm

CHeck your PM. I WILL HOOK YOU UP.

WELCOME BACK TO THE HOBBY
Old 11-03-2008, 10:46 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Thanks for the email. I will call you this evening and go over bases and other aspects of miniature football.

John aka Coach J
Old 11-03-2008, 08:31 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Take Coach J up on his offer to attend one of their games. Seeing this stuff in person and getting hands on experience will help you advance a lot farther and a lot faster.

Los Angeles...making EF history for over a decade.