Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2008, 02:31 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default What's Your Opinion On Usage Of some products hard to find and some readily available

Hope this post does not reach a point where it get's steamy.

WHY ARE SOME THINGS OUTLAWED IN EF. WE BEEN DOWN THIS ROAD BEFORE BUT I STILL DONT UNDERSTAND

1) BOAT BASES, if you can find them, why cant you use them. afterall, you have done your digging/scouting/homework in locating what you wanted. If it existed at one point and your fortunate enough to find it, why cant you use it. 'THE HOUSTON ROCKETS "BAM" SURE FOUND THEMSELVE'S A 7 FOOT ASIAN BASKETBALL PLAYER THAT CAN PLAY"

2) BOILED BASES- let them do it. If a coaches team is stronger due to the base being boiled, there are 50 million playbooks on amazon.com that can teach you how to run stunts on the lineman to weaken there attack. Would'nt you rather beat a coach through your wisdom instead of worrying about him making a "BASE SOUP"

3)THE TDQ, GENO MAY REVOLUTIONIZE THE PASSING GAME WITH THIS AND EVERYONE LOVES AND IS EXCITED ABOUT THIS. Why are some waiting to use it in game play, why do things have to be massed produced before it's accepted. "THE TIME IS NOW' why do we have to wait ? The great YODA once said " THERE IS DO AND DONOT, THERE IS NO TRY". LIKE VINCE SAID, we are quick to put things on lockdown. why ?

4) why are brown bases outlawed, exactly what is so different about the brown base from the others. I dont know anything about the brown base that's why im asking.

5) ice cream miggle footballs, some do not like these and they are outlawed. some coaches say because they knock over the player, well pick the guy up and cut the board back on, what's the big deal.

MORE ON THIS AT 11

MANTARAYDRE

Last edited by mantaraydre : 04-02-2008 at 02:35 AM.
Old 04-02-2008, 03:03 AM
Coach

I think it is the issue of scarcity that makes many things outlawed. I think that is kind of petty though. Let's embrace all of the decent products available to us. Within reason, almost any of these "toys" can be countered by a good coach with a mind that can think out of the box. Now...some things are just plain ridiculous and have to be outlawed....players with stretch armstrong arms that can triple their wingspan at will....players that are WAY oversized in height and/or weight...etc.

Boat bases seem to be available if you are willing to spend the money and the time in finding them. The same is true for all the sought after bases....brown bases, widetops, ITZ dials...etc. I see no reason to outlaw any of them. Widetops aren't typically outlawed, but they are pretty scarce...so why outlaw brown bases? Now...the boats give you a big advantage. They are great for receivers and typically you will see them drawing double teams. I understand why a league would limit the number of boat bases on a squad, but I don't see outlawing them altogether. I've said it before, real receivers in the NFL demand double coverage....so why not in EF?

The brown bases seem to be made of a better plastic. They tend to be a tad heavier and tweak up real nice. I have a bunch tweaked for strength and they are awesome. Recently, Rick Garrison and I were tweaking some for speed and they came out very quick....just great bases....and they are hard to find.

Yeah..some of the footballs are outlawed. Typically, I think that is because some of them are easier to throw with...like the powder puff heavy types and the ice cream types....I suspect that they get outlawed because they level the playing field somewhat and the folks who are very good with the TTQB want to keep that advantage. I think that is the same issue with the TDQ...although not many folks will admit it. I see the TDQ as a true Godsend....it gives mediocre passers a chance....and it will force coaches to have to work harder on pass defense. The TDQ still requires skill though....I am still getting used to mine, but I see its potential!

Boiled bases have been perceived as giving a tremendous edge to those that use them. Lately, some of the guys I know have been putting up their non-boiled tweaked teams against some of the LAEFL guys' boiled bases and they are doing just fine. So.....I think the advantage of the boiled base might be not so great....as long as you can tweak well.

Rpbert
Old 04-02-2008, 03:22 AM
MFCA MEMBER

up here in the momfl, we allow all but one of the things on your list, boiled bases. i'm no expert on the boiled base subject, so i just won't even go there. but, we allow and/or regulate the usage of everything else.
1 boat base allowed on the field at a time per team
boiled bases=nixed
tdq=one of our guys went 0-10 passing one week, then received a tdq and revived his passing game!
brown bases=they are heavier thus a little bit stronger. i have them on both my offense and defense. anyone who can get them can use them.
if i weren't allowed to use the ice cream sandwich footballs, i might go 0-10 in every game!
the point is, up here, the biggest concerns are making weight, 3.5, and keeping figures within a regulated size. other than that, bring it, we want to try and beat it. this also includes the infamous spring legged kicker!
MFCA member #31
Old 04-02-2008, 12:25 PM
WallyJ

Dre,

1) BOAT BASES - why not! I think you just might want to limit the number allowed on the field at one time

2) BOILED BASES- touchy subject... with Miggle changing (again) the plastic on their bases, boiling them is not really good option

3)THE TDQ - this is great and hopefully those that could not use the TTQB will jump on board

4) why are brown bases outlawed - they were slightly heavier than what we have seen in TTC bases. The plastic they used to make this base is great when it comes to tweaking.

5) ice cream miggle footballs - I think they make the better passers even better???

Wally

p.s. Dre when yo going to call???
Old 04-02-2008, 01:41 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default The Fear of Losing

My motto is, “Let ‘em play”. Equipment restrictions stem from insecurity. Believe it or not, there are a lot of coaches who don’t cope well with loss.

Equipment such as the boat base is a difficult base to cover because of the pointed front. Receivers or defensive linemen mounted on that type of base can cause havoc, which could increase one’s chances of winning. A coach who does not have that type of base is now faced with trying to stop his opponent’s figure on that base while at the same time trying to win.

My main concern is the use of boiled bases. I use both boiled bases and tweaked bases. I have found that my tweaked bases compete well against my boiled bases.

It is believed that the coach who can boil has an advantage over the coach who can’t. There is information out there on the subject of boiling. I have posted information on how to boil bases. Due to that fact, I don’t understand why coaches can’t or don’t know how to boil bases.

Fellowship is huge in this hobby. Winning is more huge. Ask any coach to trade winning for fellowship. Silence will fill the room. Losing is hard for some people.

Maurice

The Electric Coach
Old 04-02-2008, 01:52 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5-13 Studios View Post
up here in the momfl, we allow all but one of the things on your list, boiled bases. i'm no expert on the boiled base subject, so i just won't even go there. but, we allow and/or regulate the usage of everything else.
1 boat base allowed on the field at a time per team
boiled bases=nixed
tdq=one of our guys went 0-10 passing one week, then received a tdq and revived his passing game!
brown bases=they are heavier thus a little bit stronger. i have them on both my offense and defense. anyone who can get them can use them.
if i weren't allowed to use the ice cream sandwich footballs, i might go 0-10 in every game!
the point is, up here, the biggest concerns are making weight, 3.5, and keeping figures within a regulated size. other than that, bring it, we want to try and beat it. this also includes the infamous spring legged kicker!
Who was 0-10 ? That guy must stink !
Old 04-02-2008, 02:34 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Here is what I think...

Boat Bases - Were only outlawed to my knowledge because they were hard to defend. I remember in 2000 when I won the BAMA BLAST, there motto was "Bring what you got". By the end of the tournament "Boat Bases" were outlawed in Bama. If we as a community and league officials stop allowing ourselves to create crutches in efforts to make us more competitive then we would be much better off. When you restrict someones ability to be a great General Manager you restrict how good of a player he or she may become. You can't create a team in the image that you would like if you can't go out and recruit the kind of athletes that you need!

Boiled Bases - ohhhhh...touchy touchy subject. I really don't want to respond on this one but here is what I will say. Boiled Bases, formally known as steroids because you had to inject them (boil them) with a substance to create their ability. If you have to create a formula to give a base an advantage then why should it be allowed? Tweaking is different because you're actually training and manipulating the bases to perform using what's natural about the base. No foreign chemical or substance is involved. However, tweakers have become so great that it probably doesn't matter these days.

The TDQ - Should be allowed hands down! However, what I do think is that if this QB is as great as everyone says it is then their should not be any rules that allow the sticks. There should be no excuse why someone should not learn how to pass after this. Unless that is you have circumstances in which may prevent you from using it.

Brown Bases - All bases should be allowed! Scarcity is a great explanation however, their is a scarce amount of players the caliber of Randy Moss, Adrian Peterson, Tom Brady. etc. We all don't get that lucky to have that caliber of player but why should we fault the coach who hit the lottery? It's tough to be a good GM in leagues that have restrictions. That's why I love the DFW league! The motto is "ALL INCLUSIVE". You gotta love it!

Ice cream footballs - I agree that this one should be outlawed! You already have a new TDQ to help with accuracy, do you need a football the size of my thumb also? I mean how much easier does it have to get? We have to challenge ourselves in this hobby at some point. I hate to sound like a broken record but that's the beauty of the DFW league; no matter how good of a coach you become the rules allow you to challenge yourself and be challenged game after game. You gotta love it!

Last edited by Hook'em Horns : 04-02-2008 at 06:31 PM.
Old 04-02-2008, 03:11 PM
Coach

Default Mike I

agree 100%. sticks and stones may break my bones, but sticks should never be allowed in electric football. I also agree that all players playing with a crutch should go see a doctor so they can fix those ailments. using sticks to complete a pass was great when we were in 6th grade learning how to play, I see there are a lot of middle aged men playing this game as if they are still in the 6th grade.
Quit being lazy, quit making rules so you can be competitive, quit limiting yourself as an electric football player and don't resent the people that flourish at this hobby because they all have one thing in common, they have 100% commitment to their hobby and they PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE THEIR CRAFT. Shame on you if you don't, so if you want to be a future legend, play like one. STICKS ARE FOR CHINESE FOOD FELLAS. I never saw sticks being sold by either Tudor, Gotham, Monroe, Coleco OR Miggle fellas, your telling everyone in the EFL Community that you have limited playing abilities, just got off the phone with the Doctor and he subscribed the following medication for you stick users, TTCQB, He said it cures all crutches.

Vince
Old 04-02-2008, 07:18 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Robertson View Post
then their should not be any rules that allow the sticks. There should be no excuse why someone should not learn how to pass after this. Unless that is you have circumstances in which may prevent you from using it.
Just for clarification...are you against sticks as used by the NHFL for instance? You throw with the TTQB to a target placed at a specific distance (measured with sticks) from the reciever. Hit the target with the TTQB throw and then run to the marker for a complete pass. This gives the defensive unengaged players the opportunity to intercept the pass as they race towards the ball. In my opinion, it is the most difficult form of passing to complete requiring skill with the TTQB as well as the ability to get a man open and also requires the defense to perform more like a real defense as you cannot just crowd the line. It seems to be the most realistic form that I have played.

—Idiom
3. One Bad Em-F-er, negative shout out; pertaining to weirdwolf: There goes one bad EM-F-er. I mean he can’t play and ain’t never win nothin’!

Old 04-03-2008, 01:37 AM
Coach

Here is my take on this, lets say some one makes a set of ROCKET BOOTS, just one pair and T.O of the DALLAS Cowboys wanted to use them on game day, now! there is no others in the world, the boots lets T.O run faster then any human, do you think the NFL would let him use them? NO! not until others are made for every player in the NFL who wants a pair.

Now! I know there are other boat bases and brown and metal QB's out there some where and so on but can I go to a store or can I go to a web site to buy a set or do I have to go to Ebay and hope for the best, The whole ideal is to put every one on the same equal playing field and not to give some one an unfair advantage. EF/MF is some what like auto racing, you will never see nascar and F1 cars racing on the same track at the same time, can it be done? sure! but it would be one ugly race, Hey! I hope you guy's understand what I'm trying say,

Last edited by andre kc : 04-03-2008 at 01:40 AM.