Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Solitaire (The all by myself forum)
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2008, 01:45 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default How Succesful And Entertaining Is Your Solitaire League

Coaches

I AM IN THE WORKS OF CREATING A SOLETAIRE LEAGUE FOR MYSELF.
I thinkyou can find absolute joy creating everything in your own vision.
HOW SIMPLE CAN IT BE AND HOW ELABORATE CAN IT GET ????

being at reg rutledge's house he showed myself and kev boddie how to set up in a basic off and def set. shake the box and the dice tells you whether it is a run or pass.

1) can you shake the dice for a specific run play or pass play ?

2)also, can you shake the dice for a specific def
a) zone
b)man to man
c)cover 2 or 3

do you bother worrying about white and dark jersey colors. i found you can make a decent looking team of one color if you had 3 sets of miggle fig's (if you dont want to paint entire teams)

do you guy's use hybrid rules from what you have learned on the chat ?

I hear there are many out there who really enjoy there soletaire league's because it is there's (there own little science project)

HOW WOULD YOU APPROACH PLAYING IN YOUR OWN NFL WORLD ?

i know this topic has come up several times but i would like to hear some detailed options and testimonies from games going to be played and veteren's of leagues already established.

This can be a benificial option to all when you are in between league games and tourney's. It does not make sense to have whatever you acquired throughout your ef lives and not enjoy it. Some coache's have goldmines sitting idle in a box. WHY NOT JUST BASE THEM UP AND MAKE A LEAGUE.

You know what they say, (when your making something for yourself, make it special because it is just for you and no one else).

I think reg is doing an entire college conference for a soletaire league.

WHAT ARE SOME THOUGHTS OUT THERE

MANTARAYDRE

Last edited by mantaraydre : 10-19-2008 at 02:00 AM.
Old 10-19-2008, 09:06 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Solitaire Leagues

A solitaire league can be whatever you want it to be. That's the joy of playing solitaire. When I have done it it was to play with XFL and WFL teams and use the rules unique to those leagues. The major reason I developed the kicking cards was to take advantage of the punting rules of the XFL.

As far as offenses and defenses, use your imagination, play whatever offense or defense you want to play. For defenses i usually just used basic 4-3 or 3-4 man to man or zone coverages with 5-2 or goal line inside the red zone. For offenses I like to try all different kinds and experiment with different things. My games typically have a lot of scoring which is much more fun than a defensive struggle.

It's your league, do what you want and have fun.
"All right, now, I don't want them to gain *another yard!* * You blitz…all…night!* If they cross the line of scrimmage, I'm gonna take every last one of you out! You make sure they remember, *forever*, the night they played the Titans!" from Remeber the Titans
Old 10-19-2008, 12:08 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default I Love It

AND I HAVENT EVEN STARTED PLAYING YET!!!!!

Like you said, its like my own little "science project".

i am going to play a solitaire league with almost 180 teams in the schedule. in total, from infancy to completion, this will take me almost 10yrs to complete. i started last year in collecting the tudor teams, and i am now making customs and buying custom teams for competition. the schedule alone is a huge headache, but its so much fun. i will tell ya why - my league is called " THE GREATEST GAMES SOLITAIRE LEAGUE". In doing the schedule (1 year now, working on it), i am replaying all the greatest games in nfl history (plus alot more). so when i am doing the research (fun!) on the greatest games, then inserting them into the schedule, i am excited right there to get started. whats also cool and a driving force is, once my son becomes of age (2-3 more years), he will help me complete this league (i hope), so it will be a great activity for both of us to enjoy.

as far as rules go, i am still gathering info. just when i kinda decide on something, you guys chat up something else that peaks my interest.
- TSO linemen gaps (Reg)
- "snap of the ball" stoppage (DetrtoitChild and others)
- AB multi stops (wont do as many, but i do like the concept)
- and above all (with more work ahead of me should i do this) JIMBO's idea of weighting the guys from different positions relative to real life. Linemen weighing a certain amount, LB's another, WR's&RB's another. as i thinks his example was - no more will a rb be able to pick up a lb easily because they weigh the same. that intrigued me the most.
i have thought of my own twist here and there that i like. when i am done, i will post any differences from my rules set.

you got me started boyeeeee. i hope many more respond to this thread with their concepts and ideas.
Old 10-19-2008, 12:15 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Very Entertaining

My solitaire play is very entertaining. I am going to start varying the weights of my players as well. That was a good idea Jimbo. This will create more action on the table. I probably will capture some big hits also.

Maurice

The Electric Coach
Old 10-19-2008, 12:26 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default the way i do it!!!!!

ok guys i know the title sounds a bit kinky but,it was ment to let you know how i came up with my rules to play my solitaire league.if you go to the forum league and game highlights and click on the thread called, it has begun it tells you how i play my college solitaire league which consist of 132 college teams,120 division 1a teams and 12 division 1aa teams.it esplains how i am going to try to complete the impossible.from game rules to my own ranking system. check it out!!!

ronnie(46 defense) P.S I KNOW I'M CRAZY,BUT I HAVE TO TRY.WHAT'S THE USE OF HAVING ALL THOSE DECALED TEAMS AND DON'T USE THEM FOR SOMETHING.SO THANKS TO ALL WHO HELPED ME GET TO THIS POINT.YOU ARE JUST AS CRAZY AS I AM.

Last edited by 46defense : 10-19-2008 at 12:28 PM.
Old 10-19-2008, 02:20 PM
MFCA Member #3

Default Solitaire play rocks!

Do I enjoy it? 35 years and 25 Superbowls later the CSL is still going strong. Solitaire is the best escape from daily life yet. I can come home from work...go into my football room...and play a 2 1/2 hour game that I have no idea what the outcome will be or who will make the big plays. It is like having a football Sunday in the middle of the week...the best thing is that I am coach, tv crew, ref, statistian, player and fan all at once...

The Silverhorse is ready to ride! Geddy up!
Old 10-19-2008, 03:26 PM
Badger4Life

I think the best thing about having your own having your own solitare league is you know your always going to be able to play. I'm just starting my third season, and i've jumped up to 18 teams now.

As much fun as the actual game play is, my favorite part is the off season. I keep all the same players in the league, but switch up thier teams like in real life. For instance, the Titans had Pacman Jones on their team last season, but before the start of my upcoming season, I painted him into a Cowboys uniform. After all the free agents are on their new teams, I buy blank players, and have a draft for the teams. Every year a single team will add about 2 more players, so the league is constantly expanding.

Even though playing other people is fun, I love solitare more because you can be as creative as you want, and no one can argue with you on your decisions as commishiner.
Old 10-19-2008, 05:22 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default How Many Games Does Each Team Play

COACHE'S

depending on how many teams you have, what is a decent amount of games in each season for all teams.

what are some of the exciting play that suprised you in soltetaire play.

playing against someone you alway's see something exciting, do you witness the same majic alone.

mantaraydre.

seep down i think many would love to be commissioner of there own world

mantaraydre
Old 10-19-2008, 06:57 PM
Badger4Life

I've played about 100 regular season games a year on average, give or take a few. This year im planning on playing 97.

Here's how many games I've played.

Season 1: 61 games: less then 3 months.
Season 2: 111 games: about 6 months.
Season 3: 97 games: hoping for about 5 months.

I personally like a longer season, but it really depends on how much time you have.