Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD plus Strategies and Formations > MPFL Rules
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2009, 08:42 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default COMMITT OR QUIT 2010 MPFL SEASON 5

The fiest team to seal the deal with his team is,.......................

The Denver Broncos Head Coach " MANTARAY- DRE "

Question foe the coach;

1; What do you think is the 3 most improtant things you and you're team need to do to have a winning season?

2; Why did you chose to play in the MPFL?

Old 04-26-2009, 11:28 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default THE BRONCO'S HIT THE MPFL.

MPFL FAMILY.

First off i would like to take this time to thank commissioner Anthony burgess and the M.P.F.L for inviting myself and the DENVER BRONCO organization into such a leagiue. To show my committment to excellence and towards this entity, i wanted to send in the bronco's league dues right away. Donald trump alway said, "seal the deal" and wanted ownership of the Denver bronco's?

*** I will answer the second question first.

2) My reasoning for joining the mpfl is due to my vision/version of playing this game came to life when i first saw how the MPFL system was designed.Many have there version on how to play football but the MPFL is the system that is identical to playing in the national football league. The late DOC SMEBY totally endorses playing with stops to simulate playing real football. (his words). He also thought the use of magnets were clever because spinning players were stupid (spinning players were stupid, HIS EXACT WORDS NOT MINE). The reason i mention Doc smeby is because he was a coaching guru and icon in the halls of electric football. Everyone loved and respected doc to no end. Any thoughts on electric football coming from him is gospel.
he and commissioner Anthony burgess are on the same page when it comes to playing electric/miniature football. Doc smeby is on record stating Anthony burgess got it right in regards to creating a system that plays like the NFL
Just a quick example, he said if he played his defenders in a zone, he would turn them backwards and have them drop into there areas. Then they would react once in there area. You cant do this unless your using stops. In other words, drop a linebacker during a stop 10 yards or so. During the next stop, either pursue to help with a run back towards the line of scrim (fast closers) or point them i a direction to help cover receivers and runnings backs.

My biggest draw is the letting go of receivers. It is very unique seing a defensive coach turn his db"s around and have them run with that receiver as opposed to that db being placed directly in front of the receiver blocking his route.The pass placement sticks are a dream for creating various routes and catches. ( THIS ENTIRE WEEKEND WHEN RECEIVERS WERE BEING DRAFTED, THE ANALYSIS ALWAY'S TOUCHED UPON WHETHER OR NOT THAT PATICULAR RECEIVER WAS A GOOD ROUTE RUNNER). You cannot determine if your players on your team are good route runners unless they are able to run there routes. This system gives you that option to play football that way.

FIRST QUESTION.

1) The first order of business is to know that is where you want to be . You must be %100 sure that is the system/style you want to be involved with. There is a karate mvie where a student did not what style of fighting he could be succesful at. (MANTIS, MONKEY,EAGLE CLAW, ETC ETC). The teacher told him you will not be succesful at any IF YOU DONT CONCENTRATE ON ONE STYLE OF FIGHTING. My horse owner friend tells my many people dont focus on what they are doing. There just doing it. He studies horses and all aspect of horse racing in depth. He said once you truly focus on something, the mind has the ability to block out everything around you. So, that brings me to the second installment.

2) KEEP FOCUSING ON THE DVD AND ALL ASPECTS OF IT. STUDY IT TIL NO END.If your going to take this hobby seriously, i think you must take the approach of an NFL coach and organization. Watching the dvd is like game film day for an NFL TEAM. Breaking down the dvd is like breaking down game film. you study it, then go on the field and pratice it. Pratice until everything becomes second nature to you. where to place the sticks, what size sticks to use in a situation. learn and know all of the penalties and make sure you don't committ too many of them throughout the game. JUST SIMPLY PUT, GO OUT THERE AND BE THE COACH AND PLAYER YOU ALWAYS ENVSIONED. That great throw or great route is all due to YOU !!!

3) LASTLY, Execute what i have learned through preparation. You will be succesful if you took the time to prepare yourself and your team the right way. This league /system you must be on your p's and q's.Many coaches in this hobby could play in this league if the just sat down and not just wach the dvd, study the dvd until it is second nature. It's like driving, once something becomes second nature to you, you embrace it and have fun.

thanx
mantaraydre

Last edited by mantaraydre : 04-27-2009 at 12:34 PM.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:22 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Serious Breakdown

Great Breakdown Dre......

I hope that The MPFL is a style that you will embrace.....Remember "How You Practice will always be How You PLAY" .......so get some good practices in get well versed in the style and then maybe you can show us all ("IN THE NY") how it gets done in the MPFL..... ALL THE MEMBERS OF A LEAGUE THAT YOU HELPED TO START...... WISH YOU NOTHING BUT MUCH SUCCESS IN THE MPFL.....WE WILL BE WATCHING....SO DO US PROUD AND GOOD LUCK......IN 2010
Old 04-27-2009, 02:21 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default THANX !!!!

MO,

Thanx for thee breakdown accolades. I feel this should be the thinking of all coaches in all leagues. YOURSELF AS A COMMISSIONER LIKE ANT, I AM ALL FOR COMMISSIONERS PUTTING THERE FOOT DOWN AND ASKING COACHES WHERE THEY STAND AND WHAT IS THERE AGENDA. Herm edwards said it best yesterday, "playing in a league is a PRIVILEDGE AND NOT A RIGHT"
I was all for ant asking for coaches to secure there team via payment of there franchise. Some coaches may not have the funds this very second but how they respond will detect/determine there seriousness about playing in any league. I hope coaches are not offended by any aggressive approach to make a league better. But this is neccessary to determine what kind of league you can shape. The questions ant asked me should be asked of all coaches and see what there reply is. tHERE REPLY WILL DETERMINE IN DEPTH WHAT KIND OF PERSON AND WHAT KIND OF COACH YOU WILL HAVE TO MANAGE THROUGHOUT A SEASON.

I know no one is earning a salary playing miniature football but i would like to know coaches are carrying themselves as if they are. This hobby is here for your pleasure. Also your leisure. (leagues and tourney's, your pleasure. solitaire, your leisure). Im not a commissioner but i wish these 2 questions were asked of all coaches in the tailgate section.

focused and determined coaches make better and more exciting games once there heads are really into what they are doing.

THANX
MANTARAYDRE

Last edited by mantaraydre : 04-27-2009 at 02:23 PM.
Old 02-11-2010, 05:38 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default YOUR ON THE CLOCK, THE MPFL IS WAITING

COACH

Are you ready for a different type of game. THE MPFL IS WAITING TO SHOW YOU THE WAY !!

COMING JULY 2010 !!!!!

MANTARAYDRE
Old 02-11-2010, 05:54 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default REMEMBER THE TITANS

ALL COACHES

Remember, this is a league and system where being a master tweaker or pin point passer is not ness ! YOUR PLAYBOOK MIND WILL MAKE YOU OR BREAK YOU. Just pushing a base back will expose your team. This system is based on play stop and angles. The 3 yard buffer rule enable's some players to get adjusted and some must hol there ground. Pushing a base back will last 1 second before the board stops and a wave of tacklers can be adjusted. Also, a qb can not be stacked to help block for the runner. he must hand off the ball and remove himself from the play. basically, it's one on one blocks with the runner following that blocker. With second level defenders on magnets waiting for the runner via the next stop. They get a clear path to him due to not being pushed duringl the previous stop.

This style is totally reactionary and not compact. This is why it is recommended the game be play on a scale size board. An iconic coach, Smitty ravens said, " Once you play this style you will not want to play any other ".Due to your receivers being let run down field to make plays. You must read the defensive coverages. This will help you direct your receivers to the proper area for a high percentage pass and completion.

I honestly think this style is better for a new comer or returning coach. Better in terms of being easier due to not having to spend a great deal on tweaking and passing as a skill. You just

1) create your team

2) Tweak bases so they run relatively fast and 75% straight.

3)sit down and create the best playbook you can.

**In regards to 2 and 3, this is who you become in thus system

1)On offense, where will i direct my players to run. and where will i direct my players to block.

2)On defense, What coverage am i in, And when and where do i direct my players to react. Remember, you can take that linebacker or safety(ies) of that magnet what ever stop you want. What's fun is you deciding
how long you want that player to hold his position. This way, all of your players are in position to make a play. Running with the receivers always keeps you CB'S in an area to make a pick !!!

MPFL 2010
MANTARAYDRE (HEAD COACH OF THE MIAMI DOLPHINS)

Last edited by mantaraydre : 02-11-2010 at 06:20 PM.
Old 02-22-2010, 01:28 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Where do you play?

Just curious--STT
Old 02-22-2010, 02:21 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default MPFL STATIONS

STEEL TOWN,

The base is in alexandria virginia. But im going to talk to the commsioner to see if enough coaches are playing in one area, or relatively close. Maybe they can play their own games in there area.

mantaraydre