Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2010, 08:44 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default I am starting my campaign for Hall of Famers

Sometimes (well all the time when I do this), I take a little hit from my critics but I really don't care. I am gonna do this anyways.

There's a guy on here that has done so much from the creative aspects of the game of miniature football that is sometimes overlooked. Since I am in the Hall of Fame (not trying to be arrogant), I've always felt that we do not really acknowledge "greatness" due to our inabilities to give credit where credit is due.
In other words, we rather not say anything than lend a man a compliment.

This guys credentials as a creator has been well chronicled. If you really study his work, it makes you think of "good ole days". He's been on the forefront of creative designs in the game for many years. He's what I one day want to grow up and be in so many ways. He's one of my biggest supporters and admirers in the game. He's a good coach, but greatness does not have to come in your ability to win a board game, but it can come in the manner of what you give back to that board game. He's unassuming in his approach to things. When I look at the role of ambassador to the game, he ranks right up there. He's a visionary. He's one of those who really get me fired up about the game. When I ask him to do something for the game, there's never ANY hesitation. He really sees the big picture! Always has seen the big picture. When he talks the game and plays the game, he's that little kid from the candy store. I could go on and on all day about his contribution.

I believe he would never ask for this or even be talked about if somebody did not bring it up. He's probably made more contributions to this game than most from a significant impact than most ever will in their lifetime, yet his name would have probably went unmentioned.

His name is:

STEVE MARTIN and

he's from Michigan. Now I know some may think, "Reg is talking about me." Steve is y'all in a lot of ways. He's me, he's you. There are so many I wanted to say here and so many truly deserve recognition in this game. But Steve is the man and has been the man. For me, it's not about winning championships. You've got to ask yourself, "What have you done for the game?" Steve will never admit it because of his humble and modest nature but this guy is a "BEAST" and a guy I enjoy being around every time we see each other. He's one of those you should never take for granted!

I am starting my campaign for the Hall of Fame - Steve Martin 2011!

Reginald Rutledge
Hall of Famer
Old 10-02-2010, 09:03 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default REG!!!!!!

I SECOND THOSE WORDS.STEVE IS AWESOME,ALL THE THINGS YOU SAID ARE RIGHT ON POINT.HE WAS ONE OF THE FIRST PERSONS IN THIS HOBBY THAT GOT ME SIKED ABOUT HAVING COLLEGE TEAMS. AT EVERY CONVENTION I HAVE BEEN TO HE HAS ALWAYS BEEN 1 OF MANY THAT WILL ALWAYS MAKE YOU FEEL WELCOME AND NEVER MINDS HELPING YOU OUT IN ANY WAY HE CAN.HE IS TRULY WHAT YOU WOULD CALL "GOOD PEOPLE" I AM HAPPY TO TRULY CONSIDER HIM A GOOD FRIEND.
Old 10-02-2010, 09:08 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default 3rd

ill 3rd that even though steve is an sparty ( sorry steve just had to ) anyway steve is an great guy an master painter and an inovator he should be in the MF/EF HOF
Old 10-02-2010, 10:48 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default YES SIR !

1st STEVE is my friend and i love him like my brother and in mind he is a H.O.F'er.and your right REG , Steve will never admit it because of his humble and modest nature but HE is a "BEAST" and a guy I enjoy being around all the time. He's one of those you should never take for granted!
HE IS ONE OF THE BEST IS THIS HOBBY! AND HE SHOULD BE IN THE H.O.F.

STEVE MARTIN

DON'T HATE ME BECAUSE YOU AIN'T ME
I'M JIMMY DAVIS AND I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE
Old 10-02-2010, 10:52 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default AND

IF WE ARE TALKING H.O.F. PUT KEN ALLEN NAME ON THERE TOO.
A CHAMP IN MANY WAYS ON THE FIELD AND OFF.HE'S DONE A LOT FOR EF
TO MANY TO NAME AND HE SHOULD BE IN THE H.O.F. TOO !

KEN ALLEN

DON'T HATE ME BECAUSE YOU AIN'T ME
I'M JIMMY DAVIS AND I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE
Old 10-02-2010, 11:07 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Thumbs up I agree

He gets my vote!
Old 10-02-2010, 11:07 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default And Jim, you know how...

I feel about you.

It's a shame that so many in the game will only get recognize too late. I think about the Ray Faneras, Grecos, Megawattzes, the K-Los (this brother has made major impact), ABs, Myron Evans, the Nationals, so many! Sometimes you have to take a step back, not look at things with venom, and ask yourself, "IMPACT?"

There are so many guys who should and will be HOF'ers and their accomplishments in the game need to not go un-noticed. They need to not have been taken for granted.

I look at LONGEVITY, for in the words of MLK, "Longevity has its place".
You are definitely not wrong on SweetKA. Guys don't know how he's been on the other end of trying to bring the game to the Internet with me. He's made major contributions so you are definitely right on him too.

Something tells me he will get his day. But guys like Steve will be overlooked because they have not won a championship on the board. That's nice, to win on the board game, but the IMPACT on the game is much more than winning a game.

Reg

Last edited by Reginald Rutledge : 10-02-2010 at 11:13 AM.