Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2009, 06:23 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Funniest things heard this weekend at Buzzfest

Funniest things heard this weekend at Buzzfest:

1) Jim Davis: "If I lose to Raiderman, the Hulk is unretired"
2) Jim Davis: "You ain't national...you just plain ol' Corey"
3) Adrian (while relaying the story about the chandelier, his head, and the leap for joy): "It's funnier if someone else tells it"
4) Anonymous: "My mind still thinks I'm thin"

C'mon guys, add to it...
Old 03-31-2009, 06:30 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Don't forget " I ....

" I Just Based This Team Up"!

Also check you PM.

Peace
Old 03-31-2009, 09:56 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Wanna get away?????????????

Our beloved coach Adrian aka the Silver Surfer. Just as the surfer shows up on a planet, a few days later the planet is gone. Adrian shows up at a tourney, and after a few days the tourney is gone....and usually he is the champ.

But now he may be forever known for his leap into the over head light, chandelier.
On the game's last play (i think this was to get into the field of 8) Adrian's team made the game winning play to perserve the victory. Everyone was either playing or scrimmaging. I was playing fellow 49er fan Mark Francis in a 9er vs 9er game while being filmed by the professional cameraman Doug.

There was a chair behind Adrian. First he let out a loud yell, or scream that caught most coaches attn. He then used the chair to catapult himself into the air, but the light was right there and his head hit the dome like cover. It was knocked off and crashed to the ground making a rather loud shattering sound that scared just about everyone in the room including me.
As I turned I saw Adrian kinda ducking over, holding his head, trying not to get the glass on him. I was reminded of ole Chocolate Thunder Darryl Dawkins..when he shattered the backboard while being a member of the 76ers. But this was different, and you could see by Adrian's expression that he wanted to be somewhere else...............Wanna Get Away! Southwest couldn't of did it any better!!!

Thanks Silver Surfer for a story that will live on forever!!!!

the F.O.T.H.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:15 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Hulk vs Spiderman

I should say she-hulk vs Spiderman.....Jim Davis vs CorEy Johnson had all the billings as a top notch battle. 2 of the biggest names in the hobby going at it in the 1st round.

You have Jim Davis who puts in hours preparing his teams and bases for the tourney going against CorEy who takes more pride in packing, and laying out his outfits before he thinks of teams and bases.
Tell you the truth, the 49ers were not based up until a hour or so before they were checked in. Bases that were on some of the Titans were taken off, bases that were laying in the box were used. I just based that team up!
Hulk thought it would be a quick smash job, and move on to the next round. The witty spiderman out thought, and out quicked the incredible Hulk for the majority of the game. "I just based this team up" had the ball with a chance to tie on the Hulk's 35yd line with 1 play left. Even tho Spidey lost, he showed that with some smoke and mirrors the Hulk can be beat!
Big Jim was sweating, he was complaining. He said stay still so Hulk can smash you!!! Spiderman said no way big fella....I just based this team up, we going to keep it moving.
The run game of the Hulk was nowhere to be found, he seemed to favor the taste of chop stick passing simulation to move the ball, while Spiderman's team ran off chunks of yards including a 58yd td run to make the score 21-14. Jim had to punt a few times, he had to go for it on 4th down.....I couldn't believe it, all these problems versus a team that had just been based up!?
Great game 21-14..Hulk wins!!!!!!
Did I mention that the other team had just been based up???

the F.O.T.H.
Attached Images

Last edited by NATIONAL : 03-31-2009 at 10:19 PM.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:36 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Cool Funniest thing I heard was.....

"Karim has a bunch bases and don't know what to do with them. I bet that team he has right now has over $800 worth of base on them... " insult or complement
BAM SuperBowl Runner-Up lost to B.Healey one of the best Coaches in EF, NHFL Final-4 lost to RM a legend in 4th Q 7-0, I knew a little about them in 08

Last edited by GrandMasterKC : 04-01-2009 at 10:18 AM.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:53 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Silver Surfer aka Top Ten List

From someone who tends to verbalize his feelings and even act out his excitement (at times). Let me expound a little on some possible nicknames for Adrian.

First and foremost - this is not meant to denigrate him - as he is one of the finest gentlemen and EF competitors in the land. I am grateful for two things.

One that Adrian has recovered from his recent illness and participated in the Buzzfest. Two, that he wasn't injured. He was lucky. Three - I lied. I am fortunate that I didn't draw him in the prelim's or tourney rounds lest I need to use Corey's lame excuse about having just based up my team. Not...

As Corey said, "you had to be there..."

Top Ten List add yours in your reply.

#10 - Rocket Man
#9 - 35" Vertical (from NFL Combine fame)
#8 - Bulbous Head (from the trashy articles I used to read in Oui magazine)
Old 04-01-2009, 04:55 AM
MFCA MEMBER

CorEy: "I'm National but the hate is UNIVERSAL."

Ed Scott (in reference to dollars and cents): "My name is Eddie not Getty!"

Go Steelers!!!

Last edited by TVsCHACHI : 04-01-2009 at 05:02 AM.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:44 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Adrian....Mr. Headlight

Corey,

You got it all wrong. As I was playing Ed Scott and had my field of vision directly toward Adrian when he jumped and broke the light.

After Adrian made his game winning play, He shouted for joy and jumped straight up and went through the ceiling into the 2nd and 3rd floors of the hotel, he richocheted off of a mini-fridge on the 4th floor as he was ready to blast through that floor but instead started his decent back through the 3rd and 2nd floor and he came crashing through the 1st floor ceiling above the light fixture like a basketball through the net...that's how he didn't get any glass on him.

It was more like a 39 foot verticle, not a 39" vert.

I was there and I saw everything!

Jerry