Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2010, 06:20 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Offensive lineman choices for your team, Experience ?

What is the offensive line of choice for your team ?
My White Bear team has a five man 67 guard figure as the first team, a second line of haiti repro's, followed by a team of BB cover corners and finally a team of BB O lineman.

What are the how's and why's of your choice and the type of base that works best.

Each figure I listed is better against certain figures and also weaker against others. Any feedback on this?

This is for the offensive line, including the tight end postion.

Rock Solid
Old 07-19-2010, 06:26 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Hi,

personaly I use ff.net figures on TTC or diamond bases

the stance of line ff.net players is very low and forward, and the arms are often wide too. It's working great.

The only issue is if you add too much details on the ff.net figures (details, muscles sculpted with putty, modelling flock on figure plateform), you can easily reach the 3.0grams limit.

THe solution is to use a bigger weight limit (personaly I use 3.2grams for linemen, 3.0grams for all the other players), or reduce the plateform size (Franny Jboy do that), or even swap the original plateform for a lighter one (thin plasticard, for example).
Old 07-19-2010, 08:35 AM
MFCA MEMBER

I think it just depends on the weight limits and restrictions of the league you're in.

Right now, I'm making a college team for 4.0 leagues so I'm using ff figures and customizing them so that they are mostly low driving figures. They weigh between 3.5 to 3.9 with the proline bases. I also have pro team out of FF figures.

Eventually, I'll make a team for the Miggle tournament and probably just use the 67BM blockers for that.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:38 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Right now my o- line is all electric gridiron figures customized .
Old 07-19-2010, 10:06 AM
MFCA MEMBER

It used to be that the Oline where mostly on strongly tweaked TTCs, however the strong Proline rookies have kind of taken over as the kings of strong. With the TTCs you definately needed more rear weighted figures or they would tip forward. The best stock figure for this is the hati repros where the blocker figures are extremely well balanced for TTCs and work excellent on the line. The 67 big men blocker figures are shifted more foreward on the platform and unless you reposition them back more, they can tip foreward too frequently on TTCs. However the Prolines are such great balanced bases with the prongs in the extreme corners that the 67 figures work pretty well with them. As far as the buzzbal figures go, the foreward arms are the most significant aspect to these. I would think they would work well in front of base tackling because they can grab a defender when it is going by and spin the defender around. In front of base this kind of "block" is good because it can get the defender "out of position" to make a tackle. However in any touch since the side of the base can make a tackle then spinning the defender around actually can leave the defender in better position to make a tackle against a run. I have always been concerned that a power line with arms foreward figures might actually turn sideways and "make the tackle" on my own RB too

I like the idea of having two offensive lines or at least several backups that have diffenent strengths. For example you may have a starting 5 with power pro lines, a backup left tackle on an ITZ, and maybe some backup lineman on TTCs in case the defense plays a 3-4 and you want better directional control of your lineman to arc into the second level of the defense to seal off a play.
Old 07-19-2010, 05:37 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Not experienced enough to answer this question, but very interested to read the responses.

But more so...................

WELCOME BACK TO THE FORUM ED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAVENT SEEN A POST FROM YOU IN...... WELL, AS RAKIM SAID..........

"IT'S BEEN A LONG TIME..."

Missed ya man.

Scott
Old 07-22-2010, 01:48 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Lightbulb Somebody is blowing off the dust on The Fighting White Bears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Solid View Post
What is the offensive line of choice for your team ?
My White Bear team has a five man 67 guard figure as the first team, a second line of haiti repro's, followed by a team of BB cover corners and finally a team of BB O lineman.

What are the how's and why's of your choice and the type of base that works best.

Each figure I listed is better against certain figures and also weaker against others. Any feedback on this?

This is for the offensive line, including the tight end postion.

Rock Solid