Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2009, 03:38 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default If you only could play one more EF game who would you play and why?

Who would your opponent be? Why did you choose him/her? Please no Jessica Simpson or Pam Anderson votes...keep it to the spirit of the thread.

Would it be a longtime rival? Would it be a childhood friend? Would it be someone you haven't played before? Would it be an actual NFL coach or player?

I have to give mine some thought. My initial thought would be that it would be against my childhood friend Mike. We used to spend hours on end in classic matchups (with ice cream sundaes at halftime) and it'd be good to complete the circle. He always kept the spirit of toys alive and later invented the "grip-it" velcro circular hand paddle/tennis ball that was the #1 toy in the country the summer it was released...he actually did it to help with baseball camps he ran...turning the double play and getting the ball out of the glove faster.

I think we'd have painted up our old teams of the 70's Packers and the 70's Dolphins. His Steve Odom and my Paul Warfield.

Who would yours be?
Old 03-17-2009, 03:51 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by MplsTom View Post
Who would your opponent be? Why did you choose him/her? Please no Jessica Simpson or Pam Anderson votes...keep it to the spirit of the thread.
Oh sure...take the wind right out of my sails! (Raquel Welch-I'm old school)

It would have to be Raiderman. One more shot at the Chiefs-Raiders rivalry. I have alot of Chiefs losses to avenge.

—Idiom
3. One Bad Em-F-er, negative shout out; pertaining to weirdwolf: There goes one bad EM-F-er. I mean he can’t play and ain’t never win nothin’!

Old 03-17-2009, 06:09 PM
MFCA MEMBER

I want GB Glenn and his Swamp Mice. Revenge is a dish best served cold......
Attached Images

Old 03-17-2009, 09:56 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default JIMMY DAVIS VS DON SMITH?

Who would my opponent be? THATS EASY DON SMITH and why did i choose him, I WANT TO PLAY ANY COACH THAT HAS 26 CHAMPIONSHIP !

SO LET IT BE WRITTEN , SO LET IT BE DONE.
GET WELL DON

A 3 GAME SERIES
1 GAME SEA WALL RULES
1 GAME BUZZBALL OR MIGGLE RULES AND
1 GAME GREAT LAKES EFL RULES

more coaches I'd love to play are
Vince p - a legend that i could learn so much from.
Reg Rutledge -a very good friend of mine and great coach who i never played.
mike pratt - a old but true legend.
ken Allen - one of the best coaches in the hobby and a legend.
Attached Images

DON'T HATE ME BECAUSE YOU AIN'T ME
I'M JIMMY DAVIS AND I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE

Last edited by Jim Davis : 03-19-2009 at 10:20 AM.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:39 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default My last game would be any coach......

that's a fan of the cowboys!!!!!!

Al Harvey, Hooper, RR, Don Smtih, Tom Johnson, Warren Jefferson, Adrian Baxter, Matt Culp, and anyone else that would want minute Rice. I know there are more, I just can't think of you guys at this time.
They all can have their best base and/or figure on the team. They could all have headsets on, using hand signals to get the play in.
They could have RR sideways running line, let Adrian attempt the passes, Scott's best customs, have Don tweak the OL. Tom J run the D, RJ talking trash..... however they wanted to do it! That would be my last game.

I really don't like the Cowboys!!!!!

the F.O.T.H. is NATIONAL
Old 03-17-2009, 11:50 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Coach National, it will...

be an honor playing you in the BAM. I know you are probably saying, "Yeah, that's under a rule set RR know pretty well". You know, some time ago, I tried to get in the Philly league with Lorenzo O'Brantley but at the time, yall were'nt feelin' FF.Net figures so if my figures could not come, I was not gonna come.

Times have changed which is wonderful now. However, I have gotten old and grey haired and I don't have the zest for the game that I once did. So I probably will still not be a match for you when we face off in Week 1 of the BAM. You know, we can hype that game up pretty big if you want to! I am thought to be a "washed up jabronee of a coach" and you are "The F.O.T.H.". You are like a God in the game. You're Mr. National!

I saw the BAM schedule come out last week and I thought, this may be the only time I ever get to play "F.O.T.H.". So I look forward to the challenge. It will be an honor.

PS-Corey, do understand I love every team in the NFL pretty equal. I can rant about history on the Niners in old Kezar Stadium, Hugh McElhenny, the Alley Oop, and guys going back to Coach Lawrence Shaw and the 1950-era Niners.

I study my history. I am not as big of a Cowboys fan as people think. I like the Cowboys but there are only 2 NFL teams I truly love, Vikings and Raiders. So when we play, don't take too much anger out on me because we will be wearing the colors of the Cowboys and a star on our helmet!

Reg
Old 03-18-2009, 06:46 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Protege's

FrustratedFinsFan:

Mike Robertson is without a doubt my greatest protege'. Mike is the one person who was like a sponge. I consider him my son and like any father, you want him to be better than you. Everything about this style of play from figures to use, playbook, strategies, and schemes, Mike learned at my house. However, Mike was smart enough to expand on it. With his own ingenuity, he taught me things about the game. Most people who see us play know it is carbon-copy textbook. We know each other as well as anyone could in the game. I taught Mike to share his knowledge as you saw him come help you in LA. That is one of his greatest assets as a teacher. But yes, he directly comes from my tree and I am very proud to say that. He is someone who I love to play because he brings out the best in me.

Greg Hardmon is a protege' of mine. Greg is one of those willing to listen and absorb information. Greg is like a light bulb because when you turn him on and reveal information to him, he always sees the logic in what you are talking about. He plays the game on a higher plane. I look forward to matching wits with him.

Dru Sparks is someone who is just simply a quick study. He's Mike Robertson with attitude. I hate to see when he really becomes great at this game. We discuss figure making, playbooks, strategy and marketing of the hobby and he's always one who wants to pick my brain.

Darrian Ross (aka RavenManiac) is another one who I consider a protege'. Darrian is just a student of the game whose hard work is starting to pay off big. Things we have discussed on the phone or in person, he implemented in his game and it has been very effective. I look forward to playing him one day. He already knows information before I start talking about it because "he's watched the DVD a thousand times).

LeRon King came to me about 5 years ago. And like most of my protege's, they come to my house to live, learn, and get on my nerves! LeRon knows the game but because he does not consistently play like everyone else, he has not taken that next step. I have seen the potential as he has manhandled a few great coaches in the DFW. I hate to see what happens when it all kicks in. He's one that I look forward to playing because he wants to beat me so bad. I know in time it will happen.

Kevin Boddie is one who always ask questions and want information. Whether its marketing or strategy or customizing, Boddie has more enthusiasm for the game than most. He's extended family and one I talk to regularly. This guy is very intellectual and will be a brilliant coach. I just hope I can continue to get a few wins over him before he over-takes me.

RJ is another who is a branch from my tree. The thing I've got to get through to RJ is to RE-SET. Once he does, he will win. He's won in the LAEFL 2 times but his experience in the DFW has been a little difference. I remember when RJ came to the DFW and I told him the system that I taught Mike Robertson, Oscar Woodard, LeRon King, and Dru Sparks and how it was important for him to structure his system in that way. He heard me but he really did not hear me. Mike went right out and had a pretty easy victory over RJ. There are certain things RJ now sees but he still needs to RE-SET. Hopefully in time, he will do that all the way. I hope it happens before him and I play each other in the college league. The great thing is he know I will help him if he ask me.

There are others who I would love to play but I love playing the guys who have invested their time in learning from me. Some have passed me and others are passing me. It is my hope that all will pass me one day so that I can be pushed to get better. I am sort of in a dilema because while most or all of these are purely footballers, I am busy doing so many other things in the game. But I have no problem sharing that information and understanding my place in the game.

One other guy who calls constantly wanting information. He's got 10 years worth of "rhetoric" that I have written on chat pages and put in a binder. Biglock made a binder of information I spewed off on the Miggle page. He said it helped in his maturation. I thought he was crazy! He tells me the message I send is consistent ranging from strategy to marketing to customizing. That's Jamal "Biglock" Lockhart. He's been to my house and I have shared much information with him. Lock lacks the pleasure of being able to play someone consistently so he never gets the chance to implement things that him and I talk about. Getting the information is one thing but the application of that information is something totally different. Lock knows the system that Mike does as Dru does as LeRon does as others do. It's what they do with it once they know it. Lock would definitely be another one I would love the pleasure of playing.

One other guy I would love to play AGAIN is Norbert. For the one time, I felt totally outcoached by a peer. Norbert is a great friend but I tell him all the time, right now all I have is hate for him! He came to Texas and beat me in my own confines. I know as he reads this, he's crackin' up !
Hopefully, one day we will play again. I definitely enjoyed the moment with Norby. He was mesmerized by the atmosphere of the stadium, playing outside, the lights, the whole enchilada! I really enjoyed having him around me. But again, I still hate him!

For the most part, many of these guys have seen the system that I employ. For the most part, Mike Robertson has perfected the system. Our system is not built strictly on power but it combines power, finesse, weight distribution, functionality, isolation, and understanding pressure points. Certain athletes (base + figure) are used at certain spots on the field to maximize what can be done. Right now, Mike is a better version of me. But he knows, I look forward to getting my revenge on him.

These are the guys I love to play or would some day like to play.

Reg

Last edited by Reginald Rutledge : 03-18-2009 at 08:01 AM.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:55 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Corey....

....Man it will be an honor to sit across from you and talk, talk and do more talking. I can't wait to meet you in person bro.

Reg you know and i know that I am a few players away and a safety back from beating Mike. I think Mike had 4 plays for 40+ on me in the playoffs due to Safety's being out of position.

I can't wait to see the Vols Vs. the Seminoles.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:18 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default lets see

there are a few id like to play....in no order

jeff priest...would like to play my wolverines vs his buckeyes
reggie Rutledge this one could happen when I go see my cuz in spring texas
duane pfund the guy who i learned EF from...Id kick his but now
My grand father..long gone now but used to play me when I first got my first game
I know were not to take someone famous BUT I just have to say Bo Schembelecher
Norbert revels..one of the best
Ron Bell another of the best
Mark Kiingenbill just like to play him anytime
My son chris
my grandson gavin

yea I know I went WAYYYYYY beyond one

Last edited by wolverine : 03-18-2009 at 10:25 AM.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:02 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Thumbs up My list is as follows....

1. Ed. Roche, my mentor got close to beating him but called the wrong play loss by 3 actualy 3-0.....more to come. E.R. just once come on man.
2. A.Bax a true scholar and a friend. Just want to crack plastic as we planned I will jus take notes and take my beating.
3. Lo, Lo, my main man just be easy on me.
4. Ken Allan-The EF scholar
5.R. Chalmers-Rematch of last years Buzzfest and p.s you still cant stop #17
6. Big Jim.D and Big Keith for roughing me up in the prelims at Buzzfest 08.
7. The Raiderman-7 points kept me from the NHFL title 08. You cut me no breaks on the slipped Qb pass attempts I was honored to play you.
8.Joe.G always forces me to find an "A" game when I feel it is gone.
9.Brian.H rematch on an even board(NO DEAD SPOTS) infact add Mo to the mix for bringing that low current board to the BAM SUPERBOWL : fghttt: It's all in fun Mo.
10. I would say national, but I am 4-2 lifetime against the old guy and he still calls me out
11. Coach Bob and Coach Wharton 2 gentleman that can bring the best out any Coach hands down.
12. It's all in fun for me anybody that can teach me more about this game and have fun in mind and not the overwhelming desire to "win" and thats all that matters "no game date with you"
13. After Buzzfest I will add more names to my list.
I just want to thank every Coach in EF that has enhanced my passion for this game..norb, RR, pratt, gh,vp etc....
14 If I didnt mention you it is because I am smart enough not to ask for a potential butt kicking lol

Last edited by GrandMasterKC : 03-18-2009 at 11:26 AM.