Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2011, 11:37 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default SO EVERYONE FINALLY MET VINCE PEATROS

COACHES,

I hear vince is the master. I read ken allen thoughts on meeting him.

Who else met up with vince and did he teach you anything ?
Im almost sure many have some thoughts

mantaradre
Old 01-23-2011, 11:51 PM
MFCA MEMBER

I did get to meet Vince, and while I didn't talk too much shop with him (wish I had, I need the knowledge), I can say he was a heck of a guy and couldn't have been cooler to everyone in the convention hall. I made sure to seek him out before I left to let him know it was a true pleasure to meet him.

To Vince's credit, everyone wanted some of his time to say hello, talk EF, look at tweaking, etc. I watched Vince tweak bases, and take the time to talk to everyone who wanted some of that time.

That's my only impression of him, because that's the first time I've met him. So the cat is way cool in my book.

Ed
Old 01-24-2011, 12:02 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Vince

So sorry I missed the chance, but I'm sure he and I will break bread at some point down the road. I can only justify 2-3 trips a year to EF and I decided to play in an out of town league this year (Great Lakes) so Miggle wasn't in the cards.

Am very glad Vince made it out to Miggle and got to hang with the guys and have some fun! When Vince and I have talked or emailed he's always been total class and I've enjoyed the dialogs.

Good for you, VP - glad you put yourself out there and hope it is one of many to come.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:34 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Met Vince

All I can say right now(have to go to work) is I met Vince and had a chance to talk to him. A very good conversation and experience. Will post more later.
"All right, now, I don't want them to gain *another yard!* * You blitz…all…night!* If they cross the line of scrimmage, I'm gonna take every last one of you out! You make sure they remember, *forever*, the night they played the Titans!" from Remeber the Titans
Old 01-24-2011, 08:21 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Post Dre..

When I was in high school ..I was a wild dude. I would get A's and B's and then wild out to offset the good. I was about to get expelled and before it was a done deal, a teacher who loved me like a son.(Mrs.Janet.Obzit)..handed me a book on self improvement. In the book she wrote ".....When the student is ready the teacher appears...." (thats what stuck with me the most) years later it all made since...fast forward 2011. I believed I had a reasonable foundation on having sat down with many legends in the game and having recieved bases as well. To sum it up...it was another great lesson in base tweaking and all of the great tweakers are teachers in this hobby...Vince continued the "teach a man to fish...." philosophy as so many have done for us prior to meeting him. So as a continuous student of the game..One of the greatest EF Scholars came down to teach and as a student with others we sat in on the class...now we must all share that information and help advance our fellow classmates as well as share the information with our other teachers for we are all students of the game and as we evolve...we must stand before the class and teach eachother, therefor, becoming the teacher that will always remain a teachable student....

Last edited by GrandMasterKC : 01-24-2011 at 10:59 AM.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:09 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Just so you guys know

Vince got choked up from all the love, we were alone when this happened, he tryed to hide it, ( I even gave the guy a big man kiss on the jaw, he let out a gasp of air from me hugging him to tight) LOL, I'm so happy he took my advice from the last 4 years, he finally now knows that coaches like him alot, he has been caring some major pain for over 10 years guys, thinking coaches didn't like him, I kept telling him, please come out and let coaches come to you for your advanced knowledge of the game and love of teaching, just sit with coaches and talk with them, let them see you for who you are, not for what others say about you, I myself thought he was a bad guy years ago (from here say), but when he came here in 06 and stayed a week, all that changed real quick, I saw him for what he really is, a beautiful guy to be around, I'm so excited now that he don't have this unwanted weight on his shoulders, he can now fully enjoy the hobby and coaches that WANT to learn and play, the guy has a BEAUTIFUL MIND for this game.

P.S. I sure would love to see Vince back on the boards.

Norbert Revels
Old 01-24-2011, 09:51 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Thumbs up So right Norbert.

I tweaked with him and came away realizing that our biggest problem in the hobby is "judgement by others". He toils endlessly in his basement perfecting all kinds of tricky bases. The most profound memory I have was when we were in a room with a couple of other coaches and he pushed a guys player. The coach placed his man down, Vince placed his man opposite him. The board was turned on. The noseguard Vince placed on the field dropped into the flat with the precision that suggests months of work on that one guy. As soon as the board was turned on Vince sheepishly said, "Sike", like a kid playing a clever trick on a friend. It was funny to all but provided insight to who he really is. He's sensitive, caring, and supportive. Again, so great to have the opportunity to see what I suspected.

Keep your ideas Vince and find only the sponges who will both learn from you and give you credit you deserve. I did notice that validation is important to him.

Here is a guy that loves the game so much that he didn't place a price tag on his time or his talent although I clearly heard or saw people offer him money or tips for his time. I have never seen a person so uncomfortable with being offered money. He has the ability to do both but no, his validation is merely showing you the level that the game could be taken.

Just my thoughts.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:11 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Great Guy......awesome abilities

Hey Dre, we missed ya bro! I had the opportunity to spend some time with Vince and his buddy, Barry. Great guys and I actually had Vince's Michigan State Spartans on my board doing a little scrimmaging.

Check this out- Vince and Ken Allen, hanging out in my room talking MF and demonstrating what can be done with bases and figs. Had a great weekend and that was one of the highlights!

Vince is a great guy and a thought here would be to give him a second chance on this forum! He offered to me and many other coaches his time, to come on up to room 610 for some base tweaking sessions and trade secrets revealed.

I also think his mission was to meet all of us and enjoy the weekend with his true brothers in the game.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:23 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default VINCE BACK ON THE BOARD

COACHES,

for whatever reason vince has been banned from this board, THE DECISION SHOULD BE OVER TURNED FIRST AND FOREMOST. BECAUSE, we woke up morning and he was gone. Now that we are FULLY AWAKE, PUT HIM BACK ON. A life time ban is a little harsh for the small community we have. But a life time ban should apply to those who have stolen money from the community or one who has physically assaulted another ef member.
im hearing nothing but good things about vince which is causing me to wonder, what the h e double hockey sticks happened so bad to cause this.
Alot of coaches bicker back and forth on the board from time to time.
Whatever was said, at least it was said in the open instead of hiding behind pm's and cell phones like some do. PUT HIM BACK ON THIS CHAT BOARD.
I know the bylaws are bylaws but this needs further investigation and explanations. It is quite strange once the coaches have met him they see, A GREAT GUY.

MANTARAYDRE
Old 01-24-2011, 10:00 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Thumbs up That noseguard thing was . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crandog View Post
Hey Dre, we missed ya bro! I had the opportunity to spend some time with Vince and his buddy, Barry. Great guys and I actually had Vince's Michigan State Spartans on my board doing a little scrimmaging.

Check this out- Vince and Ken Allen, hanging out in my room talking MF and demonstrating what can be done with bases and figs. Had a great weekend and that was one of the highlights!

Vince is a great guy and a thought here would be to give him a second chance on this forum! He offered to me and many other coaches his time, to come on up to room 610 for some base tweaking sessions and trade secrets revealed.

I also think his mission was to meet all of us and enjoy the weekend with his true brothers in the game.
. . . one of the funniest things I have ever seen!