Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2006, 11:24 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default one-stop or multi-stop

I'm just curious - I hear a lot of conversation about people playing with a one-stop or multi-stop format. How many people/leagues are playing this way now? Is this catching on like the pass simulation did a couple of years ago? I've tried a variety of stops during play in my solitaire games. I'm still looking for the method that I like the best.

beenutt
Old 11-20-2006, 12:22 PM
Decal Master

Beenutt,

Again, we have to remind folks that pass placement originated from the multi-stop. However, in one-stop p or p, the pass placement is not fully utilized. The problem with the multi-stop system has been personal gripes between individuals rather than problems with the system itself.

We have the MPF(L)eague and many others around the country appear to be planning for it.

I have spoken to NO ONE on the EF community who has disapproved of the system once given a proper demonstration. What we plan to do is to keep with our outreach projects to let folks know what it's all about.

We have to understand that in order for EF to grow in popularity, the gameplay must be as realistic as possible. I don't believe that one-stop is the best method for introducing new coaches because those with fooball knowledge might not respect it as much, and may come to look on it as a childish game. I say this out of my personal experiences and also with talking with friends of mine who have no desire to play EF.

When I came on the scene, I came in with no preferred method of playing. I played one-stop first and really didn't like it. I almost quit for good until I saw the AB DVD. I was hooked from then on.

What needs to happen in EF are multiple teams, tweaked and weighted to play in multiple styles so that we can all arrive at a point where we will be able to compete in any system accordingly.

That's my two-cents...

Last edited by Decal Master : 11-20-2006 at 12:29 PM.
Old 11-20-2006, 02:02 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Beenutt,

I play multi-stop. This style allows coaches to run actual football plays. Not rugby plays. Sprint right option, out patterns, slants, curl-ins, post patterns, a real sweep. Just try it. Run a play and stop it at anytime and adjust players. I also like to play with cornerbacks either back peddling (zone)or running with the receiver (man to man). None of that placing a corner on a receiver and just pushing each other hoping your receiver braks free. Only adjust unengaged players. (offense and defense) Just think a fullback hiting a hole and blocking a linebacker allowing a tailback to follow him. Should I play man or zone. I use passing simulation sticks so picking a defense is a criticall call for a defensive coach. By the way you never answerd me back about where in New Castle do you visit?
Old 11-20-2006, 02:39 PM
Decal Master

NEWCASTLE,

I wanted to make one modest correction to your post. Remember that stoppages must be timed in advance to avoid an unfair advantage to the offense.

Ex:

If the offense has control of the switch at the snap, and the stoppage as in one-stop p or p, it is unfair to the defensive pass rush which may be an inch away from a sack.

You have to run timed stoppages to about 1.5 seconds each (3 in all + the snap makes 4) to keep the game consistent.

What ever you do on the field, must be within the boundaries of the stoppages.

--DM
Old 11-20-2006, 03:09 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default stoppages

New Castle,

I go to visit Kasgro which you said is only 5 blocks away from you. I used to visit them about once/month but now I go about twice a year. Do you mind if I look you up the next time I'm in town?

DM,

How does the game time work out with multi-stops? I was the league commissioner in our Dixie League this year and I had to limit the number of pivots before each play to get all of the games in. Stopping the board 2-3 times per play, does that add a lot of time to the game?

beenutt
Old 11-20-2006, 03:13 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Ok Ok Ok....first Off I Am A Newbie To This Present Style Of Play...one Stop....and I Would Like To Correct One Thing That Is Constantly Being Misrepresented....in One Stop .....one Can Run Actual Plays......use Your Imagination And Football Knowledge...i Have Seen Various Coaches In The Beltsville League Run Actual Plays...screens, Traps, Misdirection.....like I Stated One Has To Use Their Imagination...and This Is In One Stop....but You Do Not Get The True Football Experience In One Stop...i Also Have Seen Linebackers...even Safeties Fill Gaps, Holes...once Again Use Your Football Knowledge...i Have Seen Lomax Run Different Zones To Cover Passing Formations...all Done In One Stop...although I Have Not Played Multi Stop In The Burgess League Yet...and I Do Stress Yet Because I Am Very Interested In Their Style Of Play Because It Requires Vast Football Knowledge And Is More Like Playing Speed Chess...which I Feel Will Enhance The Playing Experience...anyway I Weighed In Only Because I Feel The Multi Stop Supporters Are Misrepresenting One Stop Play

Thanks And Lets Work On Ways To Bridge The Many Gaps.....because I Enjoy This Hobby And All The Knowledge That The Many People Onthis Board Have To Offer And I Do Not Want To See Their Progress And Efforts Fade Away.......

Peace Morgan
Old 11-20-2006, 03:23 PM
Decal Master

The one-stop play is great, but it is old. I feel that real football has been adapted to fit into the game of "EF." What I would like to see is EF adapted to fit into real football. That is all that we are trying to do here.

In one-stop, how would one break on the ball, cut back, move the qb in the pocktet only to stop and pass, pursue the ball carrier and a multitude of other things?

EF figures only have two possible movements: Straight and arched. In multi-stop this is handled and EF is configured to match real football by adding the stoppages.

I am not mis-representing your style, but the original post was called "multi-stop, or one-stop" so I went in to place my bid.

Again, you must try the style before you comment on it, and that is what too many coaches are doing. I'd be more than happy to give you a demonstation over the phone, via email, or in person if possible.

...that said...GO GIANTS!!!