Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Solitaire (The all by myself forum)
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2010, 07:06 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Solitaire league : how do you play it ?

Hi,

I ' m planning to start my solitaire mini league (3teams) in the next months.

My goal is to "play for real" one team (Niners!), and manage the other ones with charts and dices.

I wonder if any other MF player plays the same (play a team like he'd play it against another human coach, and play the opponents with charts only) ?

the difficulty on that is to add a little "intelligence" in the "non human" team on the defense play, I guess...
Old 07-14-2010, 07:13 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Charts

I play all my games with charts and dice. I like to keep it as fair as possible.
Just my two cents.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:51 AM
MFCA MEMBER

So if I understand correctly, you don't play any team personaly ? It seems to be the regular way to play solitaire, but I want to play a team personaly, but of course trying to make the games the more fair possible.

in one word, I want to play my solitaire league the same way you can play a solitaire league on a video game : watch the "computer games", and when your team is playing, you try to beat the "computer". The question is...how to manage the computer coach on a tabletop board ?

any ideas ?
Old 07-14-2010, 11:26 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default how I play

here are the rules that I have come up with to play.

my rules are still 'developing' and I add to them when I encounter a situation there I need more rules to make sure that everything is fair.

In my league I only play full games when my team (Queen's Golden Gaels) are playing. the rest of the season will be shortened games. I think I will play all 'full games' in the play offs though.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Miniature OUA Rules.pdf (190.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-14-2010, 11:27 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Here's my approach Dimitri

Dimitri,

I was intimately involved with the NFL in the late 60's, 70's, 80's and during the 90's. I studied the players, their abilities, and their teams and charted their success rate, their defenses, schemes, etc.

So for me, to play this how I do in a more personal way, I have to know each player. Now, because you can never have every player running 100 yards with the highest quality, I had to create a draft system to ensure that bases were equally divided between the 32 teams. Now, how I create the teams is based on what my personal interpretation of that team was during that era.

More importantly, in my league, no two players are the same as far as weight distribution, custom figure representation, and ability. You live with what you get and steadily improve upon it over time.

At the end of the day, they will still give you many thrills and if you put the right bases on the right players, the superstars will still perform.

However, under my rule system, I run 100 plays. I use an actual playbook and try to run the plays according to the playbook. Games are usually 3 hours in length. I play in stadiums. I am making a TV package. I play with injuries, penalties, and fumbles. Everything I created in the Shootout Rules system, I use in this. As a matter of fact, it is the Shootout system for Solitaire.

I get to be intimatel;y involved with every player in the league. I throw using the TTQB because I like to keep conditioned for the possibility of playing in a league. I "Shake the Box" because it's the simplest method to the complications of various infractions, injury, and fumble scenarios that could happen. I play in the stadiums because it brings into effect everything I so richly love about playing the game. I play 100 plays because it gives me the chance to chart what really happens in the course of a 4 quarter game of 25 plays each.

Reg
Old 07-14-2010, 12:37 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Dimitri, you can play your solitaire just the way you described. Here's how:

When you are on offense, line up your team in the formation you want. Then roll dice to see what formation the defense will line up in. Once they are set, turn the offense players to run the play and go.

When the other team has the ball, roll a dice to see what formation they will set up in. Then set up your defense. When you are set, roll another dice to see what play the other team will try, turn their players and go.

You will need a chart with different defenses and different offense formations. Each offense formation should have different plays that the team can run from that formation.

Example: You roll the dice for the other team and the other team sets up with 2 running backs in a pro set formation. You set up your team to defend it. Then you roll a dice and the other team does a screen pass. The next time they set up in the pro set, they run with the full back. The next time they try a reverse with the wide receiver. As you can see, just because they set up in a pro set, you don't know what they will try to do. It would be best to have a good variety of plays to try with each formation, and a good selection of formations to set up in. If you need some ideas, just ask.
Old 07-14-2010, 02:27 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Thank you Lindy, Reginald and Al !

I'm quite hurry, so I can't study your answers correctly, and because of that can't make a proper answer too.

Later on night I'll read all that carefully and come back.

thanks my friends