Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2009, 11:47 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default YOUR WIVES/GIRLFRIENDS OR ELCTRIC FOOTBALL

coaches,

There are many wives and girlfriends who are very supportive of our hobby. Then on the other hand, there are wives who are opposed to coaches playing and wasting money traveling to any event. So my question to you is. LETS SAY ALL WIVES AND GIRLSFRIENDS WERE OPPOSED TO THE HOBBY AND GAVE YOU AN ULTIMATUM. Either your collection go or i go,
and they were dead serious. Mind you, think about all the things you acquired and all the years of love and hard work.

HOW WOULD YOU EXPLAIN TO HER THE IMPORTANCE OF WHAT YOU OWN IN THE HOBBY AND WHY YOU CANT GIVE IT UP. All this will lead to her saying,
" OK HONEY, I NEVER KNEW HOW IMPORTANT ALL OF THIS MEANS TO YOU"

How would you SELL ELECTRIC FOOTBALL TO HER AND HOW IT KEEPS YOU RELAXED ? In the end, she will give you the money to travel anywhere because now she is sorry and understands.

WHAT WOULD YOU SAY ABOUT YOUR COLLECTION ???????

MANTARAYDRE
Old 10-27-2009, 02:30 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Wife's Support

Fortunatly, my wife has alway's been very supportive of everything I do with miniature football. I would hate to even speculate what would happen if she gave me such an ultimatum.

She would win out. (and, no she is not looking over my shoulder). My wife is much more important to me and she gives me much more enjoyment and fulfillment of life than anything that electric football can provide.
"All right, now, I don't want them to gain *another yard!* * You blitz…all…night!* If they cross the line of scrimmage, I'm gonna take every last one of you out! You make sure they remember, *forever*, the night they played the Titans!" from Remeber the Titans

Last edited by eflfanatic : 10-27-2009 at 02:31 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-27-2009, 04:00 PM
Coach

Default Wivies/Girlfriends & EF

Dre'

You brought up a very serious subject. It will never get to the place of separation between me and my wife over plastic toys, but I will say this, I seen many, many relationships between guys and their wivies or girlfriends separate . Whether the core problem was EF, I can't tell! Guys in this hobby have no problem with being isolated from others. To me that's the bond that holds us together. However, we sometimes nelegect other people in our lives without really realizing it, or even care. We can spend hours, upon hours doing something in this hobby at the drop of a hat! Other people in our lives can feel pushed away by us! I've learned to read the emotions of those close to me to discern their need of my attention.

For example, last Sunday was my our daughter's 26th birthday. I thought she was planning on spending her birthday with her friends. I scheduled a demonstration of our rules (Pro-Set Football League) on Sunday afternoon. On Friday, my wife told me that we were going out to dinner after church on Sunday to celebrate our daughter's birthday. There was no discussion. I cancelled our demo for Sunday afternoon. My wife never knew that I was planning on doing something eles on our daughter's birthday.

Guys, we are not suppose to be losing our love ones over this hobby! Discern the emotional need of your family. Tell your buddy you'll get back with him later, put the men and paint down. Then when you pick them up, you won't have to deal with Dr. Jeckle or Ms. Hyde.

Smitty
Old 10-27-2009, 04:52 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default girlfriends

If faced with the choice, I would pick Miniature Football. I have known guys who gave everything up for their women and were burned badly. People always tell me that I am lucky that I do not have to put up with the craziness that comes with marriage.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:37 PM
Coach

Default .

I'd miss her.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:27 AM
MFCA MEMBER

My wife is supportive under the umbrella of tolerance. She doesnt embrace it, but she doesnt hold me back either. Sometimes, she complains about me going to an electric football event (last years buzzball) and sometimes she is enthusiastic and excited to see how and electric football "event" will turn out (my EF MAN CAVE - almost done )

But i went through your hypethetical question when i first found out about you guys still playing and what sealed the deal for me was when we went to buzzball as a family (actually Dre, come to think of it, thats when i met you) and she saw for herself, men of my age still playing. She had already heard me mention the game of my childhood, and knew that i still had the game and teams in the closet. But when we went down to PA, and she saw the guys, she knew what was up. Its been a road of highs and lows, the lows being the things Smitty mentioned. I have had to put myself in check many times in making sure to not neglect my family and the responsibilities i have as a man, a husband, and more so, as a father of 3. But there have been far more highs, i am happy to report.

Now if we are talking about a girlfriend, well, that eliminates the husband and maybe father part, so if she doesnt get on board, then i will have no problems finding one that will. Every girlfriend i have had knew about the game, and the few that i lived with before marraige, also saw the superbowl game moving in (and out ) along with my suite case.

Thankfully, my wife is cool with the game, with the hobby, and respects my love for electric football.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:05 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Thumbs up I would point at my children....

...point at a clock give her a pencil and paper and tell her to add up the value of me having me time and giving her her time for her away from the kids...me having wekends 2x monthly and her having no time or weekends to herself with all the little ones......the decision will favor logic. let me live for 2 weekends a month and it balances out ...so far so good Plus Ef is my healthy outlet and she understands...at this point anyway or atleast she creates a great facade

Funny thing I can say some Coaches names and she will know who and what I am talking about
Old 10-28-2009, 01:09 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default IT'S ALL ABOUT NETWORKING

COACHES, DETROITCHILD FIRST

Man leslie is one of the most intelligent and sweetest women alive. We had a nice converstion outside as we waited so long for the cab to come. (which never did). we were outside talking and she kept wondering how you were doing.(you were right in the middle of a game but she was so tired she wanted to go back to the hotel to go to sleep). When the cab was taking forevr to come she kept running back inside checking up on you. She told me it is great to see men our age get together and have events like this. SHE SUPPORTS YOU 1 MILLION PERCENT. She even said she would not mind camping out. She thought that would be fun. (AS LONG AS YOU GET BACK IN TIME FOR YOUR VAMPIRE SHOWS) ! I HOPE YOU AND SHE GET MARRIED. SHE IS A GEM.

grandmaster kc. Im not sure, is that your wife who made the fish sandwhiches at the center. If so, she is a gem also. She came to the bam games, the library that day. She supports you 100%. You two must come to the convention. you have to, you both will have fun.

Scott, i saw you wife walking around at the buzzball tourney but did not get a chance to meet her. It seemed she was taking it all in and amazed men outr age still love the game.

*****IT'S ALL ABOUT NETWORKING

If enough wives and girlfriends would just come to an event, they would understand everything a whole lot better. You running around the house building a playing, she may think it's just a fad. But when you show up at an event and see the magnitude electric football brings. They would have a different opinion. ALSO, THE WIVES AND GIRLFRIENDS WOULD HAVE THE OPORTUNITY TO BOND WITH EACH OTHER. They could have a great time all weekend and exchange numbers and keep in touch. They could plan a girls day and night out with each other in whatever city we are in. One day when we do go to vegas, they could all hook up and see shows, gamble, just do the vegas thing. THEY WOULD MAKE NEW FRIENDS THROUGH YOU AND ELECTRIC FOOTBALL.

RJ'S girlfiend, kevin boddies girlfriend, leslie, the great rose rutledge all had a great time sitting there and talking. HOW IS THIS ANY DIFFERENT THAN THE WIVES AND GIRLFRIENDS OF DOCTORS AND LAWYERS TELLING THERE MEN '' HAVE A GREAT DAY PLAYING GOLF ", OR " HAVE FUN THIS WEEKEND WITH YOUR GOLF BUDDIES. Alot of these women would take that oppotunity to enjoy their own likes/hobbies while their men are off playing golf.

everyone should meet NAY NAY, the great JIM DAVIS wife. Funny as h e double hockey sticks. Also, the lovely ms. jennings. Dewayne is a lucky man. His wife is the nicest person you could possibly talk to. We were all at the football game during the first convention. Also the tailgate party. There is fun beyond the fun if you just reached out, sat back and enjoyed yourself.

Imagine 20 to 30 wives/girlfriends all coming to the convention. The could plan a trip for themselves to go to cleveland for the day and night. rock and roll hall of fame, lunch/dinner. maybe a club for dancing that they probably dont do too often. Remember, your out having fun, this could be her time also. YOU JUST GOTTA TO NETWORK. The wives and girlfrinds could even get on the chatboard and talk to one another.

mantaraydre
Old 10-28-2009, 08:27 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Cool She is just a friend, co worker and a fan of EF..

...but she will come through in the clutch. When family comes to town NB makes them feel welcome
Quote:
Originally Posted by MANTARAY- DRE View Post
COACHES, DETROITCHILD FIRST

Man leslie is one of the most intelligent and sweetest women alive. We had a nice converstion outside as we waited so long for the cab to come. (which never did). we were outside talking and she kept wondering how you were doing.(you were right in the middle of a game but she was so tired she wanted to go back to the hotel to go to sleep). When the cab was taking forevr to come she kept running back inside checking up on you. She told me it is great to see men our age get together and have events like this. SHE SUPPORTS YOU 1 MILLION PERCENT. She even said she would not mind camping out. She thought that would be fun. (AS LONG AS YOU GET BACK IN TIME FOR YOUR VAMPIRE SHOWS) ! I HOPE YOU AND SHE GET MARRIED. SHE IS A GEM.

grandmaster kc. Im not sure, is that your wife who made the fish sandwhiches at the center. If so, she is a gem also. She came to the bam games, the library that day. She supports you 100%. You two must come to the convention. you have to, you both will have fun.

Scott, i saw you wife walking around at the buzzball tourney but did not get a chance to meet her. It seemed she was taking it all in and amazed men outr age still love the game.

*****IT'S ALL ABOUT NETWORKING

If enough wives and girlfriends would just come to an event, they would understand everything a whole lot better. You running around the house building a playing, she may think it's just a fad. But when you show up at an event and see the magnitude electric football brings. They would have a different opinion. ALSO, THE WIVES AND GIRLFRIENDS WOULD HAVE THE OPORTUNITY TO BOND WITH EACH OTHER. They could have a great time all weekend and exchange numbers and keep in touch. They could plan a girls day and night out with each other in whatever city we are in. One day when we do go to vegas, they could all hook up and see shows, gamble, just do the vegas thing. THEY WOULD MAKE NEW FRIENDS THROUGH YOU AND ELECTRIC FOOTBALL.

RJ'S girlfiend, kevin boddies girlfriend, leslie, the great rose rutledge all had a great time sitting there and talking. HOW IS THIS ANY DIFFERENT THAN THE WIVES AND GIRLFRIENDS OF DOCTORS AND LAWYERS TELLING THERE MEN '' HAVE A GREAT DAY PLAYING GOLF ", OR " HAVE FUN THIS WEEKEND WITH YOUR GOLF BUDDIES. Alot of these women would take that oppotunity to enjoy their own likes/hobbies while their men are off playing golf.

everyone should meet NAY NAY, the great JIM DAVIS wife. Funny as h e double hockey sticks. Also, the lovely ms. jennings. Dewayne is a lucky man. His wife is the nicest person you could possibly talk to. We were all at the football game during the first convention. Also the tailgate party. There is fun beyond the fun if you just reached out, sat back and enjoyed yourself.

Imagine 20 to 30 wives/girlfriends all coming to the convention. The could plan a trip for themselves to go to cleveland for the day and night. rock and roll hall of fame, lunch/dinner. maybe a club for dancing that they probably dont do too often. Remember, your out having fun, this could be her time also. YOU JUST GOTTA TO NETWORK. The wives and girlfrinds could even get on the chatboard and talk to one another.

mantaraydre
Old 10-28-2009, 08:45 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default The Question

Girlfriends and wives are replaceable.