Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Solitaire (The all by myself forum)
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2010, 01:11 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default FLORIDA AND MICHIGAN JOIN !

COACHES,

The florida gators and the michigan wolverines join the HELMET ROW SHOW.
Both programs to be overseen by The french Guy. Thank you for being interested and good luck with both of your programs in their quest to make it to the national championship.

mantaraydre
Old 11-03-2010, 05:09 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Great ! Now, what do we do ?

You saw that I have (I think) enough figures to build two classy fab5 ironman teams. I can already start to paint them : Florida state Seminoles and Michigan state spartans, am I right ? I don't know since it seems there is several michigan teams....one is wearing blue and yellow uniforms...the other one, green...Once again forget my lack of knowledge on college football

I will detail (not as I detail my pro teams, but at least with nice features like facemask, dull varnish, detailled plateform, painting effects, chinstraps and facesmaks) my 2 teams, not the other ones since they will be shared to me for a limited time (as far as I know ).

The question of the opponent teams will have to be discuss (how do we manage that), because of the lack of teams I have.

Concerning game play :

I will still need to find a bunch of miggle rookie sprue bases also; at least 5x24bases for 8 11men teams...I'll post a topic in trading forum.

My idea for these bases is to tweak several typical bases : basically, 5 power, 4 straight run speed, 2 loop speed. (and certainly pick some ruined bases in my ruined bases boxes for stationnary QBs, to make the things simplier to manage alone). I'm thinking about 11+1 men teams (11 running athletes including a play in motion QB+ 1 stationnary QB for some formations).

Once I 'll do that, I'll put the bases in diferent bags (one for speed, one for strenght, etc...), and pick up randomly bases for each team, like a draft. So I'm sure I will not (even unconsciously) give preferential treatment to one team or another.

The bases you have, the bases you'll have to play. Like in real life, you have to do with what you have, a team is not composed of 100% NFL HOFers or Probowlers, as far as I know.

For passing play, passing simulation, without offense receiver angles/pivots. The way the receiver will run will determine the final passing route. Defense free men will be able to pivot right to the ball marker. No guessing or human decision in that.

As soon as the first questions will be resolved, I'll create a special topic to present my conference work.

oups ! I did not read the first post correctly, it's the florida gators and michigan wolverines ! Sorry it's cool, since I believe I have matching colors for these in my painting set...

Last edited by the french guy : 11-03-2010 at 05:11 AM. Reason: oups!
Old 11-03-2010, 05:45 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default french guy

french

I am sending you 11 man sets of michigan and florida already painted. They are the miggle fab five small men unopened brand new. If you want to paint more that is up to you. I would paint penn state. Incredibly easy. i will answer more questions a little later. wait until you get the figs then follow the color scheme if your painting more.

mantaraydre
Old 11-03-2010, 05:58 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Hi Dre,

Honestly, the home teams is not a problem : I have plenty enough spare figs to paint, and I'm not afraid (it's even the opposite, I like complex schemes) of painting difficulties and I like the fact I'll keep the "home teams" as personal teams in the future, to remind me the league, or play it again in another season, for example. It's the best way to identify myself to my home teams, and add emotion in the game. If I play "ready to play" teams someone temporarly gave me, it will not be as fun.

The thing I'm more afraid of it's what teams will I put in face of my "home teams" ? is there any plan to give me teams (temporarily of course) for the conference ?

this is something we need to speak about

Last edited by the french guy : 11-03-2010 at 06:06 AM.
Old 11-03-2010, 06:21 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default dimitri!!!!!

if the teams you saw were blue and yellow and green and white,the blue and yellow team is michigan and the green and white team is michigan st.
Old 11-03-2010, 06:26 AM
MFCA MEMBER

thanks Ronnie.

It's what I figured out. By the way, the Michigan state "spartans" uni is pretty cool, but since it seems you need to be an engineer to understand how US college football works, I'll use what commissionner tells me I have to use

Anyway, I can paint any uni, it's not a problem, and I'm not enough concerned about college football to have a fan position about it.

The only thing I want, is to be able to paint and keep my home teams. It's like in proxy (play by mail) slot racing championships, a big part of the fun is to see our own car running.

the two problems I see now (as I said first) is 1) the lack of teams to use as opponents 2)the lack of bases
Old 11-03-2010, 06:36 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default you can!!!!

use your steelers team as iowa because they have the same uniform just different helemet decals.your giants team as kansas also similar uniforms.and your 49ers team as boston college almost similar uniforms.this way you don't have to paint anything but your 2 home teams and your teams already have there opponets to make up there schedule.you said your teams are florida st. and 1 of the michigan teams that what you would have to paint.and dre is sending you a florida gator team,so they can be the 4th opponet for your teams.

Last edited by 46defense : 11-03-2010 at 06:45 AM.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:02 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default hey french,

French,

Since you said you did not have any teams, i was going to send you florida and michigan, But you can choose any two teams you like that is not in the HELMET ROW SHOW. If you want to paint michigan state, someone will help you. For conference additions for your home team to play i will just send you

1)washington
2)tennessee
3)purdue.

If you have an idea of who you would like to paint, just ask and we will put up pictures of that college team.

we nare not starting until mid fefruary so you have plenty of time.

mantaraydre
Old 11-03-2010, 02:19 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Keep it simple : first idea, best idea ;)

Hi Dre,

Let's do what we spoke about first :

1- With my 2 sets of figures, I'll build 2 ironman teams (11+1 figures), choosing teams not already taken by the other solitaire league players.

2- I will not use my pro teams. I tought about it during my work day, and I don't like that idea :

I prepared and tweaked my 2 pro teams, and it will be a mess to remove all the bases and then replace them when I want to play a pro game, I will have to note wich one belongs to wich athlete, etc...because I want to stay on the "cheap rookie base for all" idea.

The other thing is purely esthetic : my pro teams will look really huge facing my college fab5 home teams. It will be not nice on pics and vids, and not enjoyable for me to play. Since solitaire play is, in my opinion, the pleasure of creating nice game situations and game reports to share, it will be not satisfying for me.

So I will need college teams to complete the league. Shared temporarily by other mcfa coaches, or I'll buy them if I can in the future (I'm on budget, for now my few hobby bucks are reserved for bases... I need bases for all my current projects, pro teams, college league, future UFL league too).

So here's the plan for now : I'll build these two college home teams. Consider it as my "entry ticket" in the league to show my motivation.

Once it will be done, we'll see if I can find cheap college teams to complete my conference, or if I need some help from you (or other coaches).

Is that sounds good for you ?
Old 11-03-2010, 03:52 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default french

Thats fine,
The only important thing right now is to get your two teams your going to represent ready . The conference teams can be figured out later.

is it still

1)michigan

2)florida

if not, what are the 2 teams.
Also, do you need me to send any teams right now.

thanx
mantaraydre