Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2010, 10:36 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Here are my thoughts on the direction for the MFCA convention.

The MFCA’s mission statement says: Assisting the miniature football hobbyist by promoting miniature football, educating the public and providing an association which recognizes and supports the diverse coaches and leagues.
In every decision that is made, I feel that we must always look to this statement for the MFCA’s direction.

With that in mind, here is what I will recommend as the plan for future conventions.

First I think that Canton should be an annual event every first weekend of August, but not necessarily the MFCA Convention site. Instead, I would like Canton to be a “MFCA Reunion” with its focus on Fellowship, Football and Fun. Competition would take a back seat at this event and all the focus would be on getting together and enjoying miniature football mixed with real football. It would continue to host a CPC contest and a skills contest and would also still have the kids tailgate event with PFUFA at the HOF, HOF enshrinement and HOF game. This would be an annual tradition which honors our past and the game that we get our inspiration from. This event would focus on the promotion aspect of our mission statement as we would continue to build our relationship with the HOF and the PFUFA Tailgate event along with setting up a tent display at the Parking Czars where 1000’s of people pass by every day. We would have coaches volunteer to man the tent and promote the hobby just as we saw the odd table football game doing this last year.

In order to work in line with the other aspects of our mission statement, support and assist, the actual MFCA Convention would then be moved to either a June or September date with a regional based rotational schedule that would use established tournament and or league events from across the U.S. and coordinate with them. The MFCA would bring its dollars to secure a larger venue where the convention could be held and would feature the local areas event as the headliner along with our own MFCA CPC games and skills competitions.

For example…AGAIN JUST AN EXAMPLE:
Year 1: Held in conjunction with the Dixie League finals in June (Southeast)
Year 2: Held in conjunction with Eric and Daves Open Run in September (Pacific West)
Year 3: Held in conjunction with the NEFL Championship Game in June {Northeast)
Year 4: Held in conjunction with the Mid Ohio Championship Game in June (Great Lakes)
Year 5: Held in conjunction with the CBSMF in Vegas (Southwest)
Year 6: Held in conjunction with the Beltsville Bash (Mid Atlantic)
Year 7: Held in conjunction with the Mid America Melee (Great Plains)
Year 8: Held in conjunction with the Bama Blast in June (Southeast)

New events such as Texas, Virginia, Michigan or others could also be mixed into the rotation. Just as the NFL moves its Super Bowl to different cities helping to build their economies, we would take the convention to support the different leagues and tournaments and thus fulfill to a degree the support and assist portion of our mission statement.

The CBSMF has been a necessary and great partner for the last 2 years, but it is large enough and strong enough to support its functions without combining with the MFCA. As we all know, Miggle may or may not have another convention. If they do not, then it will be up to the MFCA and the CBSMF to continue on with a national presence for the hobby. I think that it is important for both the CBSMF and the MFCA to move our events as our members span across the U.S. and we need to serve the entire membership. It is also just as important that the CBSMF and the MFCA coordinate our events in a timely fashion to allow as many coaches as possible to attend each event without forcing our memberships to have to choose one or the other. The West deserves some effort on our parts to get an event in their neck of the woods. If the CBSMF goes to Vegas this year and the MFCA would come next year per the above plan, we will have started to preserve the balance needed to truly unite our memberships from one coast to the other.

Please post your responses to this idea. I believe that this plan would not only promote our hobby in other areas, but would help many of the smaller tourneys to get a chance to shine and show off their events with increased turnouts and viewers.

—Idiom
3. One Bad Em-F-er, negative shout out; pertaining to weirdwolf: There goes one bad EM-F-er. I mean he can’t play and ain’t never win nothin’!

Old 08-11-2010, 10:52 PM
MFCA MEMBER

So Wolf what your saying is that every year there would be an event in Canton Ohio ( a reunion) type of event where the focus is fellowship, then the MFCA would hold their event at a different location every year in conjunction with league finals. So in essence there would be 2 different MFCA functions every year, one a reunion, one an event. Interesting to see how the membership feels about this.

RD
Old 08-11-2010, 10:57 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPD View Post
So Wolf what your saying is that every year there would be an event in Canton Ohio ( a reunion) type of event where the focus is fellowship, then the MFCA would hold their event at a different location every year in conjunction with league finals. So in essence there would be 2 different MFCA functions every year, one a reunion, one an event. Interesting to see how the membership feels about this.

RD
Gee, you mean I could of said all that in 2 sentences...

—Idiom
3. One Bad Em-F-er, negative shout out; pertaining to weirdwolf: There goes one bad EM-F-er. I mean he can’t play and ain’t never win nothin’!

Old 08-11-2010, 10:59 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default I could not agree with you more Wolf

I dont post much anymore, the reason for not posting is it seems that most post begin with good intention but turn into something that is very negative. I wanted to put something out their with all this talk about location, Wolf is correct in his post with moving locations around to cater to all masses that contribute to the Hobby that we all love.
My attention is the same as wolf and that is to move it each year to different locations one reason is to show support to the coaches that are part of this league and give them a little spot light of hosting this tournament. This give them a sense of fellowship that we all talk about on this site, a sense that they are a part of the league and not by a website or phone calls and emails.
I have made some great friends from this Hobby, met some unbelievable people it is a brotherhood like I had when I played football for Saginaw Valley.

Wolf I love your Idea.

Greg Hardmon
Old 08-11-2010, 11:05 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Wolf,
I completely respect your vision for the hobby and the MFCA; what you have accomplished (with the help of others) is amazing! I do, however, think your initial vision is correct. Combining with the Pro Football Hall of Fame Game is a match made in heaven. Somehow we need to align more closely with the Hall and have a tourney outside with the masses looking on like they do at the Fanblitz (Steeler's Draft Party).

I think a true tournament, in conjunction with a membership drive and fan-friendly environment event (like a kickoff tourney, winner gets a prize) would take the Convention to a whole new level.

Other tourneys are great, but they are what they are...other tourneys! This is something unique and GREAT!!!

Just my thoughts,
Mark Klingbeil
Old 08-11-2010, 11:15 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Old 08-12-2010, 12:23 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default I WOULD LIKE THAT

COACHES,

I would like that,

1)dixie/vegas

2) la/detroit.

etc etc etc.

Only 1 question though, can other tourneys hold off until there year comes up.

unless coaches want to travel 4 or more times per year then fine.

If reunion in canton, can you still get tickets for the game. enshrinement, etc etc.

how about a may /sept split or a CONCRETE 4 MONTH SEPERATION AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE MFCA AND CBSMF TO HOST SAID EVENTs.
Its like the olympics, what country will be the next host country.

thanx
mantaraydre
Old 08-12-2010, 12:53 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Thumbs up Great idea!

Supporting other leagues.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:06 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Thanks Greg. I think that the hobby needs to have at least 2 feature events every year. Miggle use to be one of these and highly supported, but nobody knows if they will have another one. If they drop off, the CBSMF moving around and the MFCA moving around can continue to deliver that 2 big event per year schedule. Then it is just up to our two organizations to coordinate on a yearly basis so that we don't step on each others toes. Dixie for the MFCA in 2011 and Vegas for the CBSMF in 2011 would paint a nice picture followed by the MFCA in LA in 2012 and the CBSMF in Detroit or other venue of their choosing in 2012. Sounds like a fair way to get this party started.

—Idiom

Old 08-12-2010, 01:00 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Wolf, you done it again buddy

Excellent idea

Norbert Revels