Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Solitaire (The all by myself forum)
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2011, 11:59 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Punts & Extra points

I was wondering do you actually punt or use a set disatance on every punt. I use 40 or 35. I'm thinking on my next round of games to actually use the season avg from the last completed year for each team. If they net 33 then that is what they get if they net 42 then that. Thinking about doing the the same for extra points if they kick 19 out of 20 them every 19 extra points its no good.

Just wondering what your thoughts are?

Thanks
Walt
Old 01-28-2011, 03:41 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Special Teams

It sounds like a good idea. You would need to keep track of the stats game by game to keep it accurate.
Old 01-28-2011, 06:59 PM
MFCA MEMBER

For extra points, I roll two 6-sided dice. Anything other than 6-6, the kick is good.

For punts, everything starts from a base of 40 yards. I roll 1 d6, a roll of 1-3 adds yards, a roll of 4-6 subtracts yards. Then I roll both dice and total them, and add/subtract accordingly. So all punts are from 28 to 52 yards long.

Before the play, I roll 1 d6, 1-3 the punt is returnable (and can be blocked), 4-6 it's a fair catch and I just roll for the yardage and start the next possession. If I lineup, the defense gets 2 seconds to try and block the punt (tackling the punter, who's on a magnet), and the gunners on the kicking team (3) have to be allowed to run free. The returning team gets 3 players 40 yards back to try and block the gunners.

One the distance is determined, the kicking team gets 10% of that in seconds to try and tackle the punt returner (who's on a magnet). So a 39-yard punt, they get 3.9 seconds, etc. If no one gets him, live PR is put on the field, pivoted, unengaged defenders are pivoted, and the board runs.

Ed
Old 01-28-2011, 09:43 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default I will be trying

the dice from GoLong Football to decide kickoffs, punts, FG's and PAT's.
Old 01-29-2011, 07:20 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Kicking methods

Although I now use the TTQB mostly for all kicking (kickoffs, punts, field goals, and extra points) I do still have plenty of "The Kicking Game" kick placement cards available for any body that wants them.

These are as simple as a deck of cards that are used in place of dice and charts and have options for kickoffs, onside kicks, and punts.
"All right, now, I don't want them to gain *another yard!* * You blitz…all…night!* If they cross the line of scrimmage, I'm gonna take every last one of you out! You make sure they remember, *forever*, the night they played the Titans!" from Remeber the Titans
Old 01-29-2011, 08:21 AM
MFCA MEMBER

I use the TTQB as well; I just don't like putting ourtcome of games or even individual plays on the roll of a dice. I do use dice for play calling and am experimenting with penalties. Other than that the figures figure it out.