Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD plus Strategies and Formations > Shootout Rules
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2010, 11:32 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default CBSMF 2010 Rules

here are the 2010 rules for the CBSMF
Attached Images
File Type: pdf CBSMF Rules8 2010.pdf (1.70 MB, 0 views)

Last edited by ghardmon : 06-23-2010 at 10:22 PM. Reason: updates
Old 05-26-2010, 02:35 AM
MFCA MEMBER

These are just notes, questions and opinions... in no way am I out to change any rules... I just ask ya'll to have an open mind. Some of these work great out here in LA.

4.3 Overtime College Rules
Maybe im blind but I don't see anything on time outs

4.4.6 and 5.2.8 Hurry Up Offense
Why??
Hurry up offense is a strategy Ala 1990's Buffalo Bills with Jim Kelly... Why does the "O" have to tip their hand before we set the next play and tell our opponent we are hurry'n up??? If the "O" can catch the "D" sleeping all the better. D needs to be on their toe's and can prevent substitution and most of all, it's part of football.

4.5 Time Outs
There is nothing about charging injury time outs inside of 2 minutes at the end of game (if they have TO's to give)... maybe thats a pro thing I don't know

5.2.9 Stacking
This is fine... but ya'll should try the no stacking rules sometime... it's truly more like football... I hated it at first... but then it made the game much much better

5.4.2.2 and 5.6.1 Scrambling
Why only if the play began with an immobile base??? why does it matter??? Just curious

5.4.3.6 Dbl 2's box roll
Out west its off setting penalties... do over.. it's really cool... both teams are equally hit by the box... not just the "O"

6.2.2 Onside kick
If the kicking team recovers the ball.. they cannot advance the ball... maybe thats a pro thing too

7.5.4 Coach's Challenge
So we cannot challenge a fumble on the box??? We should address that... out west as long as the a team has T.O.'s to give they can challenge the the box on a fumble... nothing else... it is football

Damm I read the whole thing... there really isn't much different than our rule set... It's just been tweaked since we started 10 years ago... I also did see a few things that need to be re implemented or be up for discussion her in LA.

In my opinion the TEXAS SHOOTOUT rules are the best rule set I've played

luv ya'll, celo
Old 05-26-2010, 12:55 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintcelo View Post
These are just notes, questions and opinions... in no way am I out to change any rules... I just ask ya'll to have an open mind. Some of these work great out here in LA.

4.3 Overtime College Rules
Maybe im blind but I don't see anything on time outs

4.4.6 and 5.2.8 Hurry Up Offense
Why??
Hurry up offense is a strategy Ala 1990's Buffalo Bills with Jim Kelly... Why does the "O" have to tip their hand before we set the next play and tell our opponent we are hurry'n up??? If the "O" can catch the "D" sleeping all the better. D needs to be on their toe's and can prevent substitution and most of all, it's part of football.

4.5 Time Outs
There is nothing about charging injury time outs inside of 2 minutes at the end of game (if they have TO's to give)... maybe thats a pro thing I don't know

5.2.9 Stacking
This is fine... but ya'll should try the no stacking rules sometime... it's truly more like football... I hated it at first... but then it made the game much much better

5.4.2.2 and 5.6.1 Scrambling
Why only if the play began with an immobile base??? why does it matter??? Just curious

5.4.3.6 Dbl 2's box roll
Out west its off setting penalties... do over.. it's really cool... both teams are equally hit by the box... not just the "O"

6.2.2 Onside kick
If the kicking team recovers the ball.. they cannot advance the ball... maybe thats a pro thing too

7.5.4 Coach's Challenge
So we cannot challenge a fumble on the box??? We should address that... out west as long as the a team has T.O.'s to give they can challenge the the box on a fumble... nothing else... it is football

Damm I read the whole thing... there really isn't much different than our rule set... It's just been tweaked since we started 10 years ago... I also did see a few things that need to be re implemented or be up for discussion her in LA.

In my opinion the TEXAS SHOOTOUT rules are the best rule set I've played

luv ya'll, celo

Sounds like a man who should be on next year's rules committee!
Old 05-26-2010, 03:26 PM
MFCA MEMBER

What will be done about the conferences not playing by the actual rules?

Some of the rules differences directly effect the stats..so we need to look at these for the future.....
linemen interceptions? questionable tackles? dice /box for kicks and punts?
Old 05-26-2010, 05:22 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default MO!!!

That is a very nice observation my friend! That is a great point.

Unfortunately, you can't police it. However, I agree with you.

Celo,

HURRY UP OFFENSE - I agree with you on the hurry up offense. It should not have to be announced. However,if this rule is changed I'd be up for giving the defense 15 seconds after the offense. Only on downs were the offense says "hut" with more than 15 seconds left on the play clock.

STACKING - You're always going to have a split on this

SCRAMBLING - Only on an immobile base because if you start the play on a mobile QB he is already simulating a scramble or rollout from the start of the switch. No additional adjustment is awarded.

DOUBLE 2's - off setting penalties in your league which we don't have in the CBSMF. It is dropped pass or INT in the CBSMF which you don't have in your league. This is a very fun element to have especially when it happens in big games. It's almost like the receiver choked under the pressure.

ONSIDE KICK - I like your idea of not being able to advance it on an onside kick.

CHALLENGE - I like the fumble challenge also. That's actually a great idea. There are plenty of times when a fumble is called and the runner's knee is down. I like this Celo.

Great job disecting the rules. Get with Hardmon to get on the rules committee next year so that your voice can be heard but make sure that you all are using the dame rules even if you don't like them. I actually think that hurt the west coact in the tournament last year.

Everyone from out west lost their first game except Jeff Eby and all of you are great coaches. The rules transition is not an easy one. When you're not used to stacking and you forget to stack on a key 3rd down you can get runover for a big power run for a 1st down. When you're use to using 5 arrow bases on wide receivers and you're reduced to only 2 then your entire offense may have to change in a moments notice. Little things like that.

I look forward to hanging out again in Canton my friend!
Old 05-26-2010, 07:34 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default My take.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Robertson View Post
That is a very nice observation my friend! That is a great point.

Unfortunately, you can't police it. However, I agree with you.

Celo,

HURRY UP OFFENSE - Hurry up provides such a huge advantage but the idea is to keep the same personnel on the field. This rule achieves that purpose. Announcing it, to me, only means the the coach is recognizing what the players cannot because they are plastic, not people. The rule should stay as it is. It's perfect.

STACKING - I don't know why people even talk about this. I feel that restricting the rules in any way hinders the game. Adjustments is what takes the game to another level

SCRAMBLING - If you let me roll then scramble, don't put out your defense and don't ever worry about me throwing another pass. However, that is not what the game is all about, is it?

DOUBLE 2's - I don't believe in offsetting penalties unless they are man made. The game of chance is what the box presents. Any attempt to change that reduces it's impact on the game.

ONSIDE KICK - I agree that you should not be allowed to advance a fumble. IN COLLEGE BALL.

CHALLENGE - I like the fumble challenge also. That's actually a great idea. There are plenty of times when a fumble is called and the runner's knee is down. I like this Celo. ME TOO!

For some reason it seems to be more ambiguity with the rule set.

Everyone from out west lost their first game except Jeff Eby and all of you are great coaches. The rules transition is not an easy one. When you're not used to stacking and you forget to stack on a key 3rd down you can get runover for a big power run for a 1st down. When you're use to using 5 arrow bases on wide receivers and you're reduced to only 2 then your entire offense may have to change in a moments notice. Little things like that.

Which clearly points to the fact that if you do what you like now, you will pay for it later.

What annoys me is having to call out a receiver. What the heck is that? Bradshaw's back to pass, he points to Frenchy Fuqua but the ball goes to Franco who scores. Wait a minute, no he didn't. He is down right there because he wasn't the intended receiver. Hot garbage!

I look forward to hanging out again in Canton my friend!
Just my two cents