Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD plus Strategies and Formations > Miggle Rules
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2010, 09:10 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default 2011 Convention Rules

Here are the 2011 Miggle Convention Tournament Rules.

Any questions, Please contact me.

Mike

Rules revised 12/10!
Attached Files
File Type: doc 2011 Miggle rules.doc (128.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-08-2010, 08:05 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Rules revised, section 3.2 part a) & b) in red
Old 12-09-2010, 12:32 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Rule revised-wording issue in 3.3
Old 12-09-2010, 07:04 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default What Say You?

Equipment
2.1 Figures
No Excessive clay substances may be used. Clay can be used on figures?

2.5 Footballs
Can we use the Miggle footballs we personally have on hand now or are we limited to the Miggle football provided to us during the tourney?

Plays From Scrimmage

Play Procedure
(B) Perhaps the clock should begin once the first team has completed moved his entire team on his side of the LOS. There are a few ways to milk the clock with the rule written as is. No biggie, just food for thought for possibly next time.

(C) So, this means no hurry-up, correct? Even if the O says set in 10 seconds, the D has the O’s remaining 50 seconds plus the additional 10 seconds that is always allotted to the D. That is my interpretation.

(E) A word was omitted. I believe it should be “LESS” than.

(G)
(3) “A receiver is considered ineligible if his base is completely behind the front of the QB’s base.” This is assuming the front of the QB’s base is facing towards the opponents goal line. What if the QB’s base is facing his own goal line, is it still the front of the QB’s base or will it then be the most forward downfield portion (to the opponents goal line) of the QB’s base?

(H) In a situation where the play starts as a pass play, the QB rolls out of the pocket, heads towards the LOS and the QB sees daylight, must the board be stopped? Can the play continue uninterrupted without having to declare a run at this point until the play is resolved on its own? If so, this means the defense does not get to respond to this change from pass to run, which is cool.

By the way, do you have to declare pass or can you just say the QB has the ball?

(J) Does this mean a DL can not intercept the ball at all (engaged or unengaged)?

Single possession (Round Robin) Game Rules
4.7 So, if coach A had a negative one yard during his four plays, coach B can gain one yard on his first play and then cut the board quickly on and off and throw incomplete passes to his back during the next three plays – game over. Should this be revised or call it over after coach B gains his/her first positive yard?

Full-Game Rules
5.1 Game Timing
(4) So, which is it? “Both the O and D can call a time-out up to the point at which the defense has completed their adjustments.” So, during the time after the D says set and before the O decides what play is going to be executed, the O or D can call a TO?

(2) The OT periods are continued until a winner is determined. Can this be tweaked as well in the consideration of time? Perhaps this is a non-issue, because if a game(s) last longer than 6 or 7, I guess we can always set-up shop outside of the game room or in one of the actual hotel rooms. It would be very rare that it would come to something like that, but you never know. Last year was close with one game going to OT at least 5 times. That was crazy!

6.1 Kick-offs
(3)
(B)
(2) So, if the ball goes out of bounds and the Return Team decides to return the ball, where exactly to you place the kick-returner? Would you place him right inside the sideline where it goes out? Like in pool, would we place the returner a base from the sideline? Or inside the numbers?

6.4 Field Goal And PATs
(1)
(D) So, you can move any defensive guys out of the way if no defenders have hit the kicker’s base during the two seconds. What about the offensive linemen that have been pushed backed into or very close to the kicker. Can the O Linemen be moved?

Still not finished reading these rules. Looks really good.

Thanks for all you do Mike....

-Adrian-
Old 12-10-2010, 10:17 AM
MFCA MEMBER

To answer Adrians questions, see below

2.1 Figures
No Excessive clay substances may be used. Clay can be used on figures? No excessive glue, clay, or filler substances may be used. It's just stating you can't add anything at all to the figures to build them up.
2.5 Footballs
Can we use the Miggle footballs we personally have on hand now or are we limited to the Miggle football provided to us during the tourney? BYOF (Bring Your Own Football). Miggle will not be supplying footballs. The EFW oversize footballs are illegal.
Plays From Scrimmage

Play Procedure
(B) Perhaps the clock should begin once the first team has completed moved his entire team on his side of the LOS. There are a few ways to milk the clock with the rule written as is. No biggie, just food for thought for possibly next time. I'll keep that in mind for next year

(C) So, this means no hurry-up, correct? Even if the O says set in 10 seconds, the D has the O’s remaining 50 seconds plus the additional 10 seconds that is always allotted to the D. That is my interpretation. This rule has been added in. See 7) under Full Game rules!(E) A word was omitted. I believe it should be “LESS” than. Corrected

(G)
(3) “A receiver is considered ineligible if his base is completely behind the front of the QB’s base.” This is assuming the front of the QB’s base is facing towards the opponents goal line. What if the QB’s base is facing his own goal line, is it still the front of the QB’s base or will it then be the most forward downfield portion (to the opponents goal line) of the QB’s base? Good Catch! Being changed to (closest to the opponents endzone)
(H) In a situation where the play starts as a pass play, the QB rolls out of the pocket, heads towards the LOS and the QB sees daylight, must the board be stopped? Can the play continue uninterrupted without having to declare a run at this point until the play is resolved on its own? If so, this means the defense does not get to respond to this change from pass to run, which is cool. Please see Section 3.3 part H

By the way, do you have to declare pass or can you just say the QB has the ball? Section 3.3 f) states that the offense must call run or pass.

(J) Does this mean a DL can not intercept the ball at all (engaged or unengaged)? Correct the DL cannot intercept the ball at any time.

Single possession (Round Robin) Game Rules
4.7 So, if coach A had a negative one yard during his four plays, coach B can gain one yard on his first play and then cut the board quickly on and off and throw incomplete passes to his back during the next three plays – game over. Should this be revised or call it over after coach B gains his/her first positive yard? This is up to Coach B. For the Conference championship and the wild card, it's all based on points. Last year, some didn't make it because they took the win and didn't try for yardage points. Look at the scoring. You get points for every 25 yards. You may need that yard for points later on. But if coach B loses yardage the next 3 plays, no matter how many yards, they will both have negative yards and that is considered a tie. If it were me, I'd play them out.

Full-Game Rules
5.1 Game Timing
(4) So, which is it? “Both the O and D can call a time-out up to the point at which the defense has completed their adjustments.” So, during the time after the D says set and before the O decides what play is going to be executed, the O or D can call a TO? A timeout must be called "Before" the offense declares Run or Pass. I'll be asking again this year that in your conference, whoever is not playing to be score keeper and referee. Just in case run/pass is called in or about the same time a TO is called, then there are 2 people there to make the call. If I have to come over and make the decision, I'm going to say "The ball is snapped, No TO".5.4
(2) The OT periods are continued until a winner is determined. Can this be tweaked as well in the consideration of time? Perhaps this is a non-issue, because if a game(s) last longer than 6 or 7, I guess we can always set-up shop outside of the game room or in one of the actual hotel rooms. It would be very rare that it would come to something like that, but you never know. Last year was close with one game going to OT at least 5 times. That was crazy! I expect all games to be done by 10pm this year with the schedule. With AJ working with the kids portion, that leaves me to handle the adults, and maybe even play (I'm unsure if I will). So we shouldn't run into this, hopefully.
6.1 Kick-offs
(3)
(B)
(2) So, if the ball goes out of bounds and the Return Team decides to return the ball, where exactly to you place the kick-returner? Would you place him right inside the sideline where it goes out? Like in pool, would we place the returner a base from the sideline? Or inside the numbers? Good catch, they will be placed right inside the sideline.
6.4 Field Goal And PATs
(1)
(D) So, you can move any defensive guys out of the way if no defenders have hit the kicker’s base during the two seconds. What about the offensive linemen that have been pushed backed into or very close to the kicker. Can the O Linemen be moved? The kicker will be allowed to move which ever players they feel will disrupt the kick. I want to keep this simple for new players.

I will again post updated rules and delete the other ones to avoid confusion.
There have been a couple of questions regarding the swapping of a QB on a mobile base for an immobile base after pivots have been made. This rule was taken out 3 years ago, this is NOT allowed.
Old 12-10-2010, 03:48 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Rules revised(12/10) and attached under first post
Old 12-10-2010, 07:27 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Thanks Mike!

You da man!
Old 12-11-2010, 10:37 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Thumbs up Whew!

Thanks to the both of ya!

Re-printing1
Old 12-13-2010, 12:58 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Stacking RB's

A question has come up about stacking Running Backs.

"There is NO stacking of RB's behind the QB, nor behind each other"
Old 12-13-2010, 01:08 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Mike,
Did see where OL must be numbered 50-79...can they be 90-99 as well? Would love to use my OL as DL on the other side of the ball, and those numbers are ineligible as well.

Mark