Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Solitaire (The all by myself forum)
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2010, 08:54 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default ECFA 2010-11 (Ed's Colege Football Association)

The new ECFA season is underway! And it opened in a big way with a classic between Nebraska and Purdue.

1st qtr - First drives for each were empty, with Purdue punting and Nebraska fumbling. The latter led to the game's first score, a 51-yard field goal for Purdue that made it 3-0 with 6:11 to play. Nebraska responded, getting a 31-yard kickoff return from Gilleylan, then a 15-yard run by Robinson that was compounded by a 15-yard Purdue facemask penalty. A 21-yard pass from QB Green to tight end Adams cleared the way for a game-tying 37-yard field goal. Following an interception by Dennard, the Cornhuskers faced 4th-and-2 at the Purdue 19 on the last play of the quarter, but Legate's run came up a yard short. PURDUE 3, NEBRASKA 3

2nd qtr -
Nebraska nearly doubled their total early after a 31-yard punt return by Compton, but a 56-yard field goal was no good. Purdue then held the ball for nearly 6 minutes, driving 54 yards on 10 plays, culminating in McBurse's 19-yard touchdown run. The Boilermakers doubled their lead minutes later after a Nebraska punt. K. Smith caught passes of 10 and 13 yards, then McBurse powered in from the 1 with just 23 seconds left in the half. But that was more than enough time for Nebraska, as at the 46 with 7 seconds remaining, Green found Reed, who outraced the Purdue defense for a 54-yard half-ending score. PURDUE 17, NEBRASKA 10.

3rd qtr -
The teams traded punts to start. Purdue got it back with 7:31 to play and were down to the Nebraska 1 after a 42-yard punt return by Quinn and a 27-yard pass to K. Smith. But Marve was intercepted by Cassidy in the end zone, the first of two picks for the Nebraska defender. Nebraska turned the turnover into points, as Robinson ran in from 27 yards on a drive keyed by a 53-yard pass from Green to Cooper. PURDUE 17, NEBRASKA 17.

4th qtr -
The opening play of the frame from the Nebraska 25 was Cassidy's second pick. Three plays later, Robinson ran around right end and was free, scampering 64 yards for Nebraska's third straight TD. But, the extra point was no good. Purdue had to punt, but got a break when the Husker returner, Smith, fumbled. C. Smith recovered for Purdue, which tacked on a 45-yard field goal with 7:56 left. Following a punt, Purdue appeared ready to retake the lead, but McBurse fumbled at the Nebraska 3, and Meredith recovered. The Cornhuskers, however, couldn't escape their own end zone on 3rd down, and Robinson was tackled for a safety. Purdue got it after the free kick, but seemed dead in the water following four straight incompletions. At the Purdue 40, Nebraska just had to run it out with 1:21 left, though Purdue had 3 time outs. Robinson lost 5 on first down, and then two incompletions followed.

That left the Cornhuskers with a decision. 4th-and-15 from the Purdue 45. They were in field goal range, but it wasn't a strong chance. They could go for it, but 15 yards was a long way to go. They could punt, and risk a return, but they might get a touchback.

Nebraska punted - and immediately realized they had made the wrong decision. Quinn fielded the short punt at the 12 and returned it 52 yards. With 19 seconds left, an incompletion trimmed the clock to 11. Still with 1 time out, the Boilermakers could run whatever needed, and a 16-yard catch by Adams was made more damaging when Nebraska was hit with a facemask penalty. With the ball at the 10, and 3 seconds left, the Boillermakers lined up for a 27-yard field goal ...

... GOOD!!

GAME OVER!!!

PURDUE 25, NEBRASKA 23.

Purdue 3 14 0 8 - 25
Nebraska 3 7 7 6 - 23

Ed
Attached Images

Old 10-03-2010, 09:07 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Purdue 25, Nebraska 23

TEAM STATS

Rushing:
Purdue 24-49; Nebraska 24-77
Passing: Purdue 40-270; Nebraska 28-211
Total: Purdue 64-319; Nebraska 52-288
Returns: Purdue 188, Nebraska 113
First Downs: Purdue 16, Nebraska 12
Time of Possession: Purdue 32:45; Nebraska 27:15
Turnovers: Purdue 5; Nebraska 2
Penalties: Purdue 4-45; Nebraska 5-30

INDIVIDUAL STATS

Purdue Boilermakers (1-0, 0-0 Eastern Conference)

Rushing:
McBurse 24 carries, 49 yards, 1 TD.
Passing: Marve 22-of-40, 270 yards, 1 TD, 3 INT.
Receiving: Siller 4 catches, 53 yards; Adams 3-33; C. Smith 2-28; K. Smith 8-138; McBurse 5-18, 1 TD.
Returns: McBurse 1 return, 20 yards; Evans 1-17; Quinn 3-119; K. Smith 1-32.
Tackles: Short 8 (4 for loss); Quinn 3; Holland 3 (1 for loss); Pamphile 1; Evans 2; Gooden 1 (1 for loss); Williams 2 (2 for loss, 1 safety); Kerrigan 2 (1 sack); Werner 2; Beckford 3 (1 for loss); C. Smith 1 (1 forced fumble, 1 fumble recovery).

Nebraska Cornhuskers (0-1, 0-0 Western Conference)

Rushing:
Legate 3 carries, 1 yard; Robinson 19-88, 2 TD; Green 2-(-12).
Passing: Green 11-of-28, 211 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT.
Receiving: Robinson 4 catches, 46 yards; Reed 2-75, 1 TD; Legate 2-7; Cooper 2-66; Gilleylen 1-17.
Returns: Compton 1 return, 31 yards; Gilleylen 2-76; Smith 1-6.
Tackles: Meredith 3 (1 for loss, 1 forced fumble, 1 fumble recovery); Moore 2 (1 for loss); Cassidy 4 (2 interceptions, 4 yards); Compton 6 (1 forced fumble, 1 recovery); May 3; Dennard 7 (1 interception, 0 yards); Gomez 7 (2 for loss); Williams 2 (1 for loss); Smith 5; Turner 2; Jones 1.

Next up: TEXAS vs. FLORIDA

Ed
Attached Images

Old 10-04-2010, 12:21 AM
MFCA MEMBER

dang i wish nebraska woulda won. im pulling for all big 12 teams. hookem'
Old 10-05-2010, 09:48 AM
MFCA MEMBER

MFCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark robin View Post
Given a preference, I think I would have rather seen Nebraska win, but them's the breaks.

At halftime of Texas-Florida.

Let's just say your 'Horns need to see if Earl Campbell, Major Applewhite, and Jordan Shipley have any eligibility left.

Ed
Old 10-05-2010, 10:18 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default That Marve kid just...

got hurt in real life. He's out for the season. His daddy was a pretty good player for Buffalo (Eugene Marve).

I saw he's been throwing that rock, 22-40 in the air. Robinson had some nice stats on the ground (19-88). I like numbers like that. To me, that means you're getting in a lot of quality reps and that's what you want to do in playing miniature football.

Great recap and look forward to MANY, MANY, more Ed!

Reg
Old 10-05-2010, 01:50 PM
MFCA MEMBER

>>>>>>>>> change the ref's, something aint right
Old 10-06-2010, 11:51 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reginald Rutledge View Post
got hurt in real life. He's out for the season. His daddy was a pretty good player for Buffalo (Eugene Marve).

I saw he's been throwing that rock, 22-40 in the air. Robinson had some nice stats on the ground (19-88). I like numbers like that. To me, that means you're getting in a lot of quality reps and that's what you want to do in playing miniature football.

Great recap and look forward to MANY, MANY, more Ed!

Reg
Thanks Reg ... long way to go on this project, no doubt. Getting a good number of runs and passes off for each team and getting a lot of snaps in. Still working on getting the overall time of game play down to a manageable amount, but I usually play games over about a 2-3 day period, so it's not like I'm trying to get everything done in one sitting.

Only adjustment I think I'm going to make after Week 1 is to give the fullbacks TTCs instead of rookie bases to try and open up the running game a little bit. For 1-back offenses, I'll allow the QB to run into the line to block, since there's no fullback.

Other than the rushing (NCAA averages less than 2 yards per carry so far), I think everything else is pretty much on point. The system as I play it, especially on pass completions, is really stressing the importance of safety and linebacker play, away from the scrum at the line of scrimmage.

Very curious to get through Week 1 of the college season to see how everything shakes out. Definitely the preliminary rankings of the teams I've seen so far is:

1. Florida
2. Purdue
3. Nebraska
4. Texas

Michigan and Kentucky take the field next.

Ed
Old 10-05-2010, 02:35 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark robin View Post
NEBRASKA IS ACTUALLY A BIG TEN TEAM NOW
Old 10-05-2010, 08:20 PM
MFCA MEMBER

lol....not in my solitaire league, heck, i want the SWC back too.