Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2009, 11:10 PM
Coach

Default My time has come time to go!!!

I wasnt going to do the I am leaving post but I thought hell I have something to say!!Over the last 15 years I have had great fun coming back to the game I loved as a kid hell even started a business from it.Getting to know some of the people over the years has been great!!!My friendship with Reg Rutledge I cherished the most!! We ve been great friends over the years and will always be.My friendship with Dirk Thomas is one that I missed dearly.Guys like Shawn Noble and Jim Davis has always been good as well I enjoy talking and visting them on MF Guys like Matt Culp and Mark and Bill from the old days have been great too,Corey and K-lo always are good people.Early on I didnt think it was a good ideal to charge for this site and info from this hobby,the hobby simply isnt big enough people come to this hobby beccause its relativly cheap at least it used to be.With 400.00 boards 200.00 teams now its up there,If you have been in this hobby for years you dont mind the up grades but.. if you are new thats a bit steap!!We are the last generation of this game its over after us maybe ones and twos here and there I would never spend 400.00 on a board I just wouldnt I know when thats my timehas come to go.Also the fights personality clashes and crap well lifes to short for that some of I added to someof it,it is what is!!I wish the MFCA good luck I hope that it unites the hobby and fill in where Miggle well be missed.On an August day in 1980 I gave my entire electric football collection to eugene Jones ten years later I was back playing again in 1995 I met some of the best guys of my life me and my wife and I had some of the best times playing and fellowshipping with EFlers.That has been missed I think time has its way in the end of moving us in the direction it wants us to go,I know some will say good riddons the feelings mutual but every one else that I mention good luck to you
I`ll check on ya from time to time.Later
Old 08-18-2009, 12:14 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Jimmie, just chill for a little bit, step back and breathe a few days without MF, you will be OK. I remember about a year ago, you and I getting into it pretty good over the value and worth of paying for an MFCA membership.

You are standing for a good cause and catching a little heat from it, just cool down and we'll see you back here soon. It sounds like this hobby means a lot to you and you have made some really strong and heartfelt memories over the years, no one can take that away, don't let it happen.

Kick back, relax, get away from the forum and you will return refreshed and ready to continue making this hobby the best it can be.

I too, agree, I hate to say it, but I fear that when we are gone so to will the hobby be. Let's make it the best we can make it for US while we are healthy and fortunate enough to enjoy it.

Don't give it up.

Los Angeles...making EF history for over a decade.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:35 AM
Coach

Default Hey

Guys, you need to relax, time is rough right now, and you are a 100% correct, the cost of these items (Board, figs ) are high but what went into this. I for one is a DJ out here in Florida and God has bless me with over 50 something gigs a year, my charge is so low that everyone can call me, I do this because I love this hobby, the same goes for EFL, I love this hobby, when I found this on line I was amazed that this game I used to play back in the 80's is still alive, know I have two hobbies I love, my wife is furious but she loves the idea that I am also helping teens, I am trying to start a league with mt son's friends, but it's financially hard. I am the only one that is buying the boards, figs and painting all the teams, you know what I love it, and it's all done for free, with the donations of you guys , I can do it. So , if you love the game then take out all the politics and play , LIFE IS TOO SHORT. You don't know me but all I can say is have fun , enjoy the bond that you have got in the guys, I don't have a friend that calls me. I just got two people that looks up to me, My wife of 15 years , and a lovely son who is 13. Enjoy Life.
Thanks
Sean
Old 08-18-2009, 08:42 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Lightbulb step back

and take a deep breath,this hobby survives with the help and knowledge of the game from coach's like u, noboby wants to see anyone walk away exspecially a seasoned vet as yourself ,some people will always talk (its always been nature) just kick back as think what is important to you and what makes you happy,90% of the miniature football world is in a financial pinch right now ,hopefully it will get better, just hang in there brother.

theres nothing to fear but fear itself ,unless your playing the colts
Old 08-18-2009, 10:58 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmie View Post
I wasnt going to do the I am leaving post but I thought hell I have something to say!!Over the last 15 years I have had great fun coming back to the game I loved as a kid hell even started a business from it.Getting to know some of the people over the years has been great!!!My friendship with Reg Rutledge I cherished the most!! We ve been great friends over the years and will always be.My friendship with Dirk Thomas is one that I missed dearly.Guys like Shawn Noble and Jim Davis has always been good as well I enjoy talking and visting them on MF Guys like Matt Culp and Mark and Bill from the old days have been great too,Corey and K-lo always are good people.Early on I didnt think it was a good ideal to charge for this site and info from this hobby,the hobby simply isnt big enough people come to this hobby beccause its relativly cheap at least it used to be.With 400.00 boards 200.00 teams now its up there,If you have been in this hobby for years you dont mind the up grades but.. if you are new thats a bit steap!!We are the last generation of this game its over after us maybe ones and twos here and there I would never spend 400.00 on a board I just wouldnt I know when thats my timehas come to go.Also the fights personality clashes and crap well lifes to short for that some of I added to someof it,it is what is!!I wish the MFCA good luck I hope that it unites the hobby and fill in where Miggle well be missed.On an August day in 1980 I gave my entire electric football collection to eugene Jones ten years later I was back playing again in 1995 I met some of the best guys of my life me and my wife and I had some of the best times playing and fellowshipping with EFlers.That has been missed I think time has its way in the end of moving us in the direction it wants us to go,I know some will say good riddons the feelings mutual but every one else that I mention good luck to you
Jimmie and other coaches who feel like he feels,
Take a long hard look at what the membership to the MFCA cost. $20, thats 5 cents a day. As far as all the other expenses, I dont get it. Miggle sells bases for $5 a pack(24 bases), good proline bases, they also sell figures I think they cost $6 for 11.. Boards can be expensive if you have someone else make it for you. I have helped countless coaches in this hobby and haven't charged them for advice, I have tweaked many bases and not charged, and have helped them gain knowledge to tweak, and I have also helped and will continue to help anyone wanting to learn how to build their own board or help in anyway I can, in any facet of this hobby. The knowledge is here if you care to use it. Reach out to coaches and they will help. I have spent hours on the phone helping coaches learn how to tweak, walked them thru the process of building a board, and I havent charged for this. I do the same for anyone wanting to learn how to do whatever it is they want to learn. Reg has had many customizing classes here for FREE so the knowledge needed is here, so if that's not worth 5 cents a day to some of you coaches I understand, what I don't understand is the expense realated to this hobby. I guess I never experienced this since I was always hands on and learned how to do most if not all facets of this hobby on my own and with the help of other coaches. The help is here you just have to reach out to get it.

Last edited by RPD : 08-18-2009 at 11:00 PM.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:30 AM
MFCA MEMBER

If you have already made up your mind to go , then your decision is made , but just in case you may have thoughts you want to stay , think why you came to this board in the first place.
There are alot of good guys here , and I feel this place is like a family, we may not always get along but you know who has your back in the end .

If you want to see real arguments , wait until we start talking about creating a set of universal rules

I do agree with alot of these guys, take some time off and relax and that passion to come back should return.

Last edited by jeff : 08-19-2009 at 10:38 AM.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:04 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default You just need to play some games against some good coaches to get going again

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmie View Post
Jimmie,

We go back to the early days of the resurgence. i still hold on to some of your early writtings and things so I know you have mad love for the hobby, in general.

We have been here for you thru some of your sad moments in your life. You have always been a friend to me and If you stop posting and visiting I will lose a friend.

I am involved in this hobby for many reasons and one of the main ones is knowing all of the great people in this hobby that love the same things I do!!!

and the mutual respect we all give to one another. Sure the cost of things have moved up, but some of the products warrent the higher cost because it is a better product. Can we all get one, no. is that wrong, no. Same with the figures, facemasks, decals, etc. If you want to get some of them, you have to do like the OLD DAYS and save up...remember when you had to save some of your candy money to send off for a team from tudor?? It's not that much different now.

Heck, I wish I could get a new Watts Field or a Reggie Stadium or some ONE2WATCH figures but I have to do the same or make due with what I have. Or learn to make some of my own.

Those of us that have been around awhile has carved out a some niche with specialized services to help others improve their teams/games. Thanks to the MFCA we have place that allows us to share these things without restrictions that the other site had placed on everyone.

so I if you must leave us, Be Kind and remember your other family will be here when you come back!

K-Lo
Old 08-19-2009, 09:25 PM
MFCA Member #3

Default One of the Legends of the Hobby!

To everyone...

Jim was one of the FIRST to believe that this hobby could bring the nation of electric football together. He was one of the first with the newsletter he did with his wife and he was the first coach I met and got to know at the first Miggle convention back in 1996....

I hope you reconsider Jim...this hobby needs good guys like you. I know you disagree about membership fees and this forum, but you must also understand that this was not an easy deceision to make.

As for the hobby...we are going to make a serious push toward the Boy Scouts of America this year, in hopes of exposing this hobby to the next generation. The MFCA and Boy Scouts would be a great team to teach young men about good sportsmanship and imagination.

I can only wish you all the best buddy and you have friends here in the MFCA...

The Silverhorse is ready to ride! Geddy up!
Old 08-20-2009, 11:56 AM
Tron1984

Default Satan Laughing Spreads His Wings!!!

Fellas,
The evil one loves lies, complaints, controversy and foolishness! They are our prayers to him. You cant please everyone and nor should you try. However, This is supposed to be fun and the adversarial/competive/nasty behavior of a few have affected many. It's a sorry day when one a fellow walks away from the table. I know I've been there and my associations just keep getting smaller. Can you hear the drum banging slowly?
tron checks on you follish mortals from time to time!