Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD plus Strategies and Formations > General rules posts not specific to a certain rules set
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2009, 03:14 PM
Coach

Default The Minister Anthony Burgess

Comrads:

After reading the Anthony Burgess piece in the latest issue of the MCFA magazine, I am thoroughly impressed.

I did a videotaped interview with Anthony and Vance Warren years ago, and they gave me a full explanation of their system. I was in awe.

I feel that he is on another level as far as Miniature/Electric Football goes. Based on his background, research, and experience, I would label him a pro player who puts a lot of true football input into his game.

He represents a master's course of Electric/Miniature Football as it emulates authentic football.

While I feel that his style of play is too time-consumming, I do have the deepest regards for it.

Thus he deserves the title of "The Minister of Pro Electric/Miniature Football."

Carpe Diem,
Paul Leslie Gardner

"If the ball doesn't have a point on it, what's the point to the game"

"If a buzzing sound isn't coming out of your garage or home on any given weekend, then you are not having fun."
Old 02-16-2009, 10:10 AM
MFCA MEMBER

intersting post, Paul....

Do you still have the tape of the interview???

Have you tried playing under the MPFL style??

What comparisons have you made to support your "quotes"???

NO hating guys, just want to understand the "why"..........
Old 02-17-2009, 05:38 AM
Coach

Default Input, Energy, Knowledge

Kelvin:

First, I do not like playing that style of EF --it's too chessy, not cheesy, for me.

However, based on the input, energy, and intimate knowledge of authentic football that he has put in it, I think the title of Minister if valid.

Keep in mind that the title Minister does not mean that he is a God or anything. This title merely suggests that he is adamant about his system, and he is using every means possible to spread the word.

I applaud him as well as all the other great innovators of the sport of EF.

Carpe Diem,
Paul Leslie Gardner

P.S. - If there's not a point on the ball, what's the point to the game?
If there's not a buzz sound coming outta your house on any given
weekend, then you're not having fun.

Last edited by Tudorian : 02-17-2009 at 05:39 AM. Reason: Grammar
Old 02-20-2009, 04:32 PM
Coach

Default Chessy is strong words

Hey Paul I think chessy is strong words,the MPFL system is built for real football situations though many styles can get real football situations the MPFL systems has them built in to happen automaticly not by chance!!I have taken many parts of the system and apply them to my own style.I think you to at least try to play the system before you can be so critical to call it chessy!!!
Old 02-21-2009, 07:06 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Chessy!that is a complement

Hello,being a football coach in real life,I have often heard the word chess used to describe teams/coaches going at it.I love it that you describe the MPFL system that way and I think AB would take it as a complement.I hate the fact that football people get stereotyped as "Big Dumb jocks".In reality,football has some of the highest order of thinking going on when you talk about reading and reacting.You cannot be dumb and be successful at football as a player or coach.So on behalf of the guys who enjoy the MPFL style of play,"thanks for the complement".--STT
Old 02-23-2009, 06:54 AM
Coach

Default Strongly Disagree

Comrads:

When electric football or authentic football becomes chess, Bobby Fischer will lead the league in rushing.

While not knocking the intelligence of football coaches or players, there is a different set of intelligence involved here.

No football player has the time to think about making a move or juking a guy like a chess player has about making his next move.

I reiterate, I respect Burgess's style of play, but football --electric or otherwise-- is a far away from chess as Bobby Fischer is from Jim Brown.

Carpe Diem,
Paul L. Gardner