Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2009, 08:30 AM
Tron1984

Default Comments welcome!

Fellas,

We have noticed that more and more coaches are customizing figures! Traditional figures are being used. They are being reshaped and molded with clay or putty to enhance size and appearance. We have seen some really nice work in this area. I also told everyone some years ago that the Reggie figures where great for many things. It appears that these figures are now the center of the customizing world. It's nice just to look at some of the poses that have been created. When you add a good paint job and decals your figures come to life and your team becomes more unique. bases tweaking and manipulation is also changing. While we still fight with base quality and performance, our manufactures are constantly trying to improve the product. This is moving in the right direction. Our styles of game play and rule sets are living standards or working documents that grow as we progress.I wouldlike to take this time to thank everyone for the outstanding work that you do and how you share it with the community. I'm glad to be a part of this hobby(I've retired 2-3 times already)! Just because you don't see or hear from me everyday doesn't mean that I'm not wacthing what's going on. keep up the good work! ..For Tron is always with you!
Old 04-16-2009, 10:51 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Tron speaks the truth!

I double his sentiments!

—Idiom
3. One Bad Em-F-er, negative shout out; pertaining to weirdwolf: There goes one bad EM-F-er. I mean he can’t play and ain’t never win nothin’!

Old 04-16-2009, 12:59 PM
Coach

Here here....Great job everyone!!!!!!!
Old 04-16-2009, 04:19 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Tron makes sense!

Good to hear from you Sdot!!!

Most of your post come from that world only you and Darryl Dawkins live in, but this post I understood from start to finish!

If we could just package some of the customs, the decals and the already tweaked bases.....man would this hobby take off!

I feel like that is one of the biggest hold ups...Out of the box the product doesn't work.

My nephew saw my teams...says he wants one. The set came with the Eagles and Giants from Modells. Why don't they look like yours! Why they not running like yours? I didn't have my tweak stuff, so the men ran in circles and they never really played with it.

Great post Tron

the F.O.T.H. is Nat'l
www.leaguelineup.com/phillynefl
6/13/09 Will you be there?
Old 04-16-2009, 05:53 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Midnight Oil

This is not an out-of-the-box hobby, you gotta put in the time.

Whether it be tweaking, painting, customizing, board building, or obsessing over the minutiae you will pile up the hours. If you don't have the bug from moment-one you won't last. If you don't have patience you won't last. You gotta GET IT. I've been in this going on 3 years and I know that it will take 3 more years if I'm ever going to be the coach I want to be, but that's alright, in fact it's BEAUTIFUL!!!

Here's a big round for all you cats who do it to it...

Go Steelers!!!