Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2008, 06:18 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default What are the "HYbrid Rules" i have been hearing about.

Some dude in the Chicago area (well atleast he is a chicago fan) has something called Hybrid rules . anyone know anything about this ? i have heard of Hybrid figures, Hybrid cars, but rules? hmmmmmmmm

Old 03-20-2008, 06:37 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Jimbo is your man. He has combined a number of rules sets into a Jimbo-Dandy combo.

—Idiom
3. One Bad Em-F-er, negative shout out; pertaining to weirdwolf: There goes one bad EM-F-er. I mean he can’t play and ain’t never win nothin’!

Old 03-20-2008, 06:49 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Hybrid Rules

I would suppose that the rules wouldn’t change too much from the current rules in the hobby. I am sure that weight will be the top rule mandated.

Maurice

The Electric Coach
Old 03-21-2008, 12:14 AM
JIMBO

Default R U Ready?

My Hybrid Rules incorporates some of everything in one neatly blended package. I like not mugging receivers at the LOS; I like my WRs running 3-part routes; I like giving the OL a lil more brains than they're used to by allowing them to angle/adjust after a quick on and off of the board; I like that the QB has to dropback a predetermined amount of time before the board goes off, instead of right before he gets sacked; I like letting the RB cutback once into the hole instead of following the pack out of bounds; I like that the MWEFL's "Strategy Divider" hides pulling OL and encourages balanced formations instead of stacking one side or the other; I like that The DFWEFL's "Action Box" will make you cry when a TD gets called back for Holding; I like that some of the MPF Rules ("Multi-Stop", "Snap", "Bump THEN Run") I use makes Offenses and Defenses play FOOTBALL not Rugby; and most of all, I like that RBs and WRs can't weigh as much as OL and DL!!! What would happen if 3.2g Warrick Dunn ran smack into a 4.0g Reggie White? How about a 3.8g Jerome Bettis vs a 3.2g Deion Sanders? Do the Math.

All of my ILLINI games were played using this system and for the most part everyone was happy. I've considered everyone's feedback and feel that these rules best incorporate a true essence of football as it was intended, albeit in miniature form. Hopefully some of the guys that have played using it, can share some details.

Last edited by JIMBO : 03-21-2008 at 12:23 AM.