Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2010, 12:40 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default MFCA FANTASY FOOTBALL LEAGUE

ITS THAT TIME OF YEAR AGAIN.

I WILL BE RUNNING ANOTHER LEAGUE FOR MFCA MEMBERS, 3RD OR 4TH YEAR NOW.

STEVE MARTIN TOOK THE PRIZE LAST YEAR OF 22 UNPAINTED CUSTOM FIGURES, WHO WILL WIN THIS YEAR?

ALL MEMBERS ARE INVITED. IF YOU HAVE INTEREST, PLEASE PM ME SO I CAN SEE HOW MANY TEAMS I WILL NEED FOR THE YEAR.

I HAVE SENT AN INVITE TO THE MEMBERS WHO PLAYED LAST YEAR. AFTER THEY SIGN IN, I WILL THEN SEND INFO TO OTHERS WHO REQUEST A SPOT.
i HAVE ABOUT 5 SPOTS OPEN.

$COSTS$ NOTHING. We just ask that you chip in some MF sumthing or another for a pot at the end for the winner. Nothing expensive, sorta like a grab bag type thing.

MUCH FUN TO PLAY.

FOR ALL YOU FANTASY FOOTBALLERS OUT THERE, EXPAND YOURSELF AND JOIN ANOTHER FUN LEAGUE AND ROCK WITH YOUR FELLOW MFCA MEMBERS.

THANKS GUYS,

Scott
Old 08-26-2010, 01:06 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Revis and Butthead is in.

Roo
Old 08-26-2010, 02:54 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default sounds like fun

count me in coach
Old 08-26-2010, 02:58 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Thumbs up When you open it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOP View Post
ITS THAT TIME OF YEAR AGAIN.

I WILL BE RUNNING ANOTHER LEAGUE FOR MFCA MEMBERS, 3RD OR 4TH YEAR NOW.

STEVE MARTIN TOOK THE PRIZE LAST YEAR OF 22 UNPAINTED CUSTOM FIGURES, WHO WILL WIN THIS YEAR?

ALL MEMBERS ARE INVITED. IF YOU HAVE INTEREST, PLEASE PM ME SO I CAN SEE HOW MANY TEAMS I WILL NEED FOR THE YEAR.

I HAVE SENT AN INVITE TO THE MEMBERS WHO PLAYED LAST YEAR. AFTER THEY SIGN IN, I WILL THEN SEND INFO TO OTHERS WHO REQUEST A SPOT.
i HAVE ABOUT 5 SPOTS OPEN.

$COSTS$ NOTHING. We just ask that you chip in some MF sumthing or another for a pot at the end for the winner. Nothing expensive, sorta like a grab bag type thing.

MUCH FUN TO PLAY.

FOR ALL YOU FANTASY FOOTBALLERS OUT THERE, EXPAND YOURSELF AND JOIN ANOTHER FUN LEAGUE AND ROCK WITH YOUR FELLOW MFCA MEMBERS.

THANKS GUYS,

Scott
I'd like a spot if available.
Old 08-26-2010, 06:08 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Scott, I know this will sound stupid, but how do you play this fantasy football? I'm assuming that you're talking about a completely different fantasy league from the kind of fantasy league I'm using for my solitaire season. How do you make a team, and how do you know who wins the games?
Old 08-26-2010, 08:28 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Gutt-Bombs are in!

1st-will receive 2 sheets of chinstraps-any color
2nd-will receive 1 sheet of chinstraps-any color
Old 08-26-2010, 09:12 PM
MFCA YOUTH MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavennaAl View Post
Scott, I know this will sound stupid, but how do you play this fantasy football? I'm assuming that you're talking about a completely different fantasy league from the kind of fantasy league I'm using for my solitaire season. How do you make a team, and how do you know who wins the games?
Al,

Before the season starts you draft your team out of all of the players in the league. For example the first pick is probably gonna be Chris Johnson (most likely), second Adrian Peterson will probably be taken, and the draft goes on until you have a full roster of a qb, rb, rb/wr, wr, te (I think), defense/special teams, and a kicker. That is your starting roster, you have about 6 or 7 bench positions for backups.

How good your players do, the more points it gets for your team.
So lets use the Vikings for example

If Adrian rushes for 200 yards and 4 T.D.'she will get a huge amount of points for your team if you drafted him.
If Favre throws 3 picks, passes for 100 yards with 0 T.D.'s he will get a very minimal amount of points for your team.
If Percy Harvin returns a kick for a T.D. he will get points for a T.D. and a kick return T.D.
If you had the Vikings special teams/defense they also would have gotten points because of Harvin.

Do you get what I mean?

Each week you are paired with another MFCA member, whoever's team plays better and gets more points will win.

Scott can probably help you better than I can, I'm not very good at describing things.

Taylor
Old 08-26-2010, 09:19 PM
MFCA MEMBER

What the heck...team "Beer" will join!

—Idiom
3. One Bad Em-F-er, negative shout out; pertaining to weirdwolf: There goes one bad EM-F-er. I mean he can’t play and ain’t never win nothin’!

Old 08-26-2010, 09:23 PM
MFCA MEMBER

I see, but what happens when guys pick the same players. Or do you take turns picking players and if one is taken, then no one else can pick him? What about offensive linemen? How do you judge them? Or do you only take skilled positions? How many players does everyone take? Can you take only running backs, or quarterbacks? Or do you have to account for each position? Sorry for the questions, but I don't know anything about this.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:43 PM
MFCA YOUTH MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavennaAl View Post
I see, but what happens when guys pick the same players. Or do you take turns picking players and if one is taken, then no one else can pick him? What about offensive linemen? How do you judge them? Or do you only take skilled positions? How many players does everyone take? Can you take only running backs, or quarterbacks? Or do you have to account for each position? Sorry for the questions, but I don't know anything about this.
Correct, if a player is taken then he is gone from the draft.

The picks go like this

Round one: team 1 gets first pick (of draft), team 10 gets last pick (of round)
Round two: team 10 gets first pick(of round), team 1 gets last pick (of round)
Round three: team 1 gets first pick,(of round) team 10 gets last pick (of round)
and so -on.

No offensive lineman are taken just offensive skill positions. Meaning QB, RB, WR, TE.

It is about a ten man roster, in that area of the ball park.

So in any order here would be the roster you have to fill by the end of the draft (i think):

QB
RB
RB/WR
WR
TE
D/ST
K
BENCH
BENCH
BENCH
BENCH
BENCH
BENCH

RB's and some QB's get the most points, TE's and WR's get less points than QB's and RB's. If you get a kicker who makes lots of XP's and FG's then he will get you as much, if not more points than your defense.

The bench can be filled with any position, the bench is used for if a player gets injured or to fill in for a skill player who has a bye week.

Taylor