Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Photo Gallery of Miniature Football
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-22-2010, 01:03 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default 2010, a Buzzball odyssey (NY Giants running back)

Hi,

today, waiting for my steelers squad drying, I wanted to try a new thing, and challenge myself on a new project.

Mozzeek said that to me on another topic :

Quote:
Great Job also on those Steelers.....A Giants Team should be next......
So here we go, I'll start a 3rd team, New Yorks giants 2010 and I'll start with a running back, GARTRELL JOHNSON !

Why it's a new challenge ? Because I want to make that team with Buzzball figures only. Why ? Because. More seriously because I like that figures potential, and since I already build about 30 FF.net customs, I wanted to try something new.

One thing I like in buzzball figs is the material used for. The hard plastic is very easy to cut, sand, and remind my good old wargames figures modelling days.

The other thing I like : the legs of the buzzball figs, very similar to the real athletes legs today. So on that new project, I'll try to change my "Doctor Frankensteroids/hulk" style, and go in a more realistic way of sculpting and customizing.

The last thing is that using buzzball figs for "heavy" customizing seems to be quite unusual for what I saw recently. So it's another good reason to use them. With all that weight debates these days, it's also something like a tribute, in a way

A good friend of mine sent me some used buzzball figs, I picked one, and stripped the old paint. (pic1)

THen, I glued the arm I broke before and stripped and sanded the last paint traces. (pic2)

After that, I modified the helmet to give it a better shape, and remove the face of the figure. I also cutted off plastic on the legs, belly and hips, shoulders, and arms, fixing anatomic defects. THen, I sanded it with 320 sandpaper. I also resculpted the *ss, btw (pic3)

I fixed the figure on a weighted support with double sided tape. It will be easiest to sculpt the figure. (pic4)

Let 's go for sculpting ! I started sculpting some parts of the body armor, and legs protections. I also make a nice finish on the jersey back. (pic 5, 6, 7).

On that fig, I use a new technic : I try to sculpt each armor part separatly, then I'll add the tissue shapes. It should give a nice "mc farlane" effect once it will be finished.

Next step : finishing the chest, and make the face and the helmet details.

Then, I'll add the ball and modify the right arm to keep the ball. It's why I didn't make the arms muscles first, I don't want the ball to seems to be a "pièce rapportée" (good reason to work your french ) .

Oh, and I forgot something : it will be my first attempt making detailed hands too

to be continued.
Attached Images