Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-13-2010, 11:42 AM
MFCA Member #3

MFCA A message from Silverhorse to all my friends in the MFCA family

I just wanted to take the time to personally thank two people for all of their hard work and dedication for putting on the MFCA Convention.

First, I would like to thank John Martin. John was once again instramental in making this year's convention in Canton a complete success. Not only does this guy open up his home for the entire four days, but people don't realize the behind the scene stuff he does like making sure we have extension cords; running people around; helping to coordinate the tailgate party on sunday;making sure people have directions and information to where they are going....and the list goes on and on. But most important is the resources he provides out of his own pocket...Beer, cigars and food...oh my God...the food! This man can make a mean prime rib and we had a huge crowd this year at the tailgate party and that means tons of burgers, chips, dogs etc. John deserves special recognition from the MFCA for all that he does...oh and by the way...he is a tremendous individual and human being as well. On behalf of the MFCA Board of Directors I want to personally thank John for all that he does to make this convention a huge success...

The second person on this list is of course Lynn "Weirdwolf" Schmidt. Lynn literally did it all this year. With all my personal problems I completely walked away from the convention this year and left Lynn holding the bag. Lynn did an outstanding job, as I knew he would, and although we surprised him by making him a member of the 2010 MFCA Hall of Fame class, that honor still does not justify all that this man does to make the MFCA a success. I could go into all the details of everything he did to prepare for this event...but it is a very long list...here is just a few...ordering all the tickets for the events; setting up everything at the Stern Center; raffles; ordering and creating all the prizes, trophies and the like; designing our convention logo; ordering all the t-shirts; the constant reminders to everyone to get there money in....on and on and on! Plus he drove 14 hours and hauled everything here. Lynn is my best friend and I felt really bad this year not being able to help out, but we, the MFCA, owe him a huge debt for everything he does for us....

I also wanted to thank Ray Fanera for doing another outstanding job with the Hall of Fame inductees and presentation. Ray is another guy who works behind the scenes every year and deserves some sort of special recognition for his efforts...along with Al Dunham and David Roller for there efforts with The Tweak...which I am hoping to come back to soon.

On a more personal note...I had several coaches pull me aside over the weekend. It has been one of the most difficult years in my life. Between the divorce and other personal relationship problems, I hit a real low and quite frankly...I now have empathy for anyone who has ever even thought about taking their own life. Not that I sank that low or considered it, but I can truely see how depression can devistate a person to a point where hope no longer exist. With that said I want to thank all the coaches who gave me the talks that I needed. I have always said this hobby is more than a vibrating board...it is a brotherhood...well those of you who gave me the encourgement I needed...well guys...you have made a real difference in my life and I just wanted to say thank you. Sometimes you have to sink to a low to realize just how good you have it and you guys showed me that things are always not as bad as they seem and if you perserver, then you come out on the other side a better man. Thank you guys for being there...I appreciate it greatly

So I challenge all the MFCA brotherhood to take this thread and thank John, Lynn, Ray...everyone involved with making the convention a success....and trust me when I say...encouragement and thanks can go a long way.

Long live the MFCA and may God bless all of you.....

Matthew Culp

The Silverhorse is ready to ride! Geddy up!