Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD plus Strategies and Formations > General rules posts not specific to a certain rules set
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-23-2010, 02:30 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default A New Passing Stick

Had an idea running through my head. I played a bit of QB in high school (can you say NOT a career opportunity ) I was thinking about passing sticks and more so about that it is a 40 yard stick, which is seperated into 2 sections (3 if you include past 40 yards)

I was thinking back and there is a big difference between a 8 yard pass and an 18 yard pass. not to mention a 22 yard pass and a 35 yard throw.

I was thinking if it might be an idea to make a set of sticks that are broken up every ten yards. (so 10,20,30,40)

Something like the small stick being broken down into 3,6,10,14, and 18 yard distances)

My basic thinking is that short passes (under 10 yards. The swing pass etc) would be a bit easier to complete (not to mention you would never lead a receiver that far in the first place) but those 10-20 and 30-40 yard passes would be a touch tougher.

Any thoughts from the guys that use passing sticks?

Check out my Flames and Stampeders blogs at www.prosportsblogging.com