Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Solitaire (The all by myself forum)
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-10-2011, 09:08 PM
First Round Draft Pick

Default Radical Solitaire Format Idea

In one league, I have a very radical solitaire format that I use that I love. It allows me to play a complete game in only 60- 75 minutes or less, so I can play lots of games, a big schedule, and every play has meaning and scoring potential. Here is some guidelines. In this league there are only running plays, no passing, which allows me to better gage which team is better than the other, strength against strength. Takes my passing skills out of the equation, matching teams against teams on their abilities. Each team gets a kick-off return at the start of each half. The team that returns the kick the farthest of the two halves is awarded 3 points. Teams go each direction once per half, for four total possessions, eight possessions per complete game, that's it. You can double this if you want to, so each team goes each way once per quarter, it will lengthen the game and make it a little more realistic. They begin the initial possession at the spot of the kick-off return. If a team makes a first down in one play, they are awarded 7 points. If they make a first down in two plays, they are awarded 3 points. If the defense stops them from gaining a first down in the two plays, they are awarded 3 points. If a team gets a first down, the other team starts their possession at the same number yard line, BUT at the farthest distance to go. Example, TEAM A returns kick to their own 30 yard line. They run the ball to the 43 yard line, first down- they get 7 points. Defensive team is now the offensive team, goes the other way, but from their own 43 yard line, they now have 57 yards to go to score, not 43 yards. If a team scores an actual touchdown, they are awarded an extra 7 points! So on a first down play that scores a TD, THAT IS A 14 POINT PLAY. On a second down TD, that is a 10 POINT play, 3+7! If a team is stopped short of the first down in two plays, the defensive team gets the ball with the shortest distance to go. Example, TEAM A returns ball to 25 yard line. In two plays they only get 6 yards to the 31 yard line. TEAM B gets 3 points for the defensive stop, and the ball at the 31 yard line, with 31 yards to go to score, a short field! EVERY PLAY MATTERS and counts. After an actual TD you have a regular kick-off. Other rules are that the Defense must have at least 4 ( four ) players a minimum of five yards behind the defensive line. Defensive line must set up 1 yard off the line of scrimage, otherwise they are off-sides. If a game goes to OT, each team gets a kick-off return, the team that gains the most yardage gets 3 points and wins! No actual passing or kicking skills are in play here. It just compares one teams speed and strength against the other, mano - a - mano, BASE VERSUS BASE! RADICAL for sure, but UNIQUE and fun! What do you think about this? CRAZY? IT WORKS for me, I am able to play lots of games, and keeps me into every play, every play matters!

Last edited by NEWYORKGUY : 02-10-2011 at 09:31 PM.