Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-16-2008, 11:05 PM
JIMBO

Default Weight Limits

I know "WHY" we install weight limits: because there are more than 30 different figures and 10 different bases that we can combine to make more than 300 different weight combinations. Reminds me of The University of Oregon and their 1000 different uniform combinations!?!

But, let's say that other than changing a few arm, leg and head positions - NO MAJOR CUSTOMIZING!!! - let's say I combine a 2.4 gram ff.com figure + a standard 0.8 gram rookie base to weigh-in at 3.2 total grams? What if my ENTIRE team was dressed like this? All 33 guys. No matter how you take apart and recombine the figures and bases, they will ALWAYS weigh 3.2 grams.

Is THAT any different than dressing an ENTIRE team with '67 Big Man DBs on Miggle TTCs?

IF there is no other combination to be made why wouldn't the first example not be allowed?

Should all of our rules be rewritten to allow for this possibility? I think "yes" with a clause stating that if one single, solitary non-rookie base is used, THEN all figures should be 2.0 grams, no questions. I love "if/then" statements, don't you?

Not only am I asking because that is the combination I find myself pondering while preparing my team for league play. But I also wonder on a hobby-wide level. Since the 3.2 limit was set based on the heaviest figure (at the time) + the heaviest base (at the time), why wouldn't the current heaviest figure (ff.com) + the lightest base (standard rookie) be allowed, if THAT is the ONLY combination and with the aforementioned clause?

Bottom line, I know I'll have to play within the ruleset of my league, but this just made me go, "Hmmmmmm???"

What say you?