Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD plus Strategies and Formations > General rules posts not specific to a certain rules set
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-26-2009, 12:32 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Mid-Ohio Rules

All,
I just want to give props to one of my favorites styles of play, the Mid-Ohio rules. I love what they've done with 3 particular rule tweaks: (1) turn and burn for someone recieving a pass or pitch, (2) pre-snap O-lineman audible capability, and (3) stationary safety rule for up to three defenders (when offense calls pass) when the defender is playing deeper than 12 yards. The thing I love about the rules is the way it plays fast with the purity of many traditional rules sets, while opening up the game for some good screen and draw plays as well as zone defenses. With the turn and burn, offense can call pass (or QB) and then stop the board for a quick draw or screen to the RB (who can be adjusted for a cutback draw). The defense has the ability to play zone defenses without completely sacrificying against the run by having defenders in deeper zones on rookie bases keying the RBs, but then can put them on a stationary base if the QB keeps it for a pass (in order to stay in their zone).

Just thought I'd give some props to the Mid-Ohio guys for creating some very SIMPLE rules additions that change the game in a way that I really like. I believe this is a very simple, no frills rule set that plays with great strategy and is very fun.
Regards,
Joe