Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Solitaire (The all by myself forum)
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-19-2009, 10:36 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Solitaire Idea for across the country league play

I woke up with this thought today and I haven't really thought it through but wanted to toss it out there.

Would it be possible to create a league of solitaire coaches from across the US who would:
Create a team
Mail that team to a coach in the solitaire league
That coach would then play a solitaire game against that team with his own team and then mail it to the next guy on the schedule who would do the same.

Each coach could create a playbook using a set of parameters. Essentially scripting his plays with some leeway to base the play on a on field scenario. Say he is 3rd and inches and the script calls for a 20 yard pass play when a run might be more in order. OR simply provide a dice chart with plays associated with a number on the dice chart and whatever roll comes up that is the play the solitaire coach would run. The dice chart would be different for each coach based on the type of plays he likes to call that work best with the skills of his team.

Like I said, I haven't really thought it through, but it would be cool, for example, if Reggie wanted to send me a team and I could use it for 1 game, record the results and then send it on to Matt Culp. We would all have to have 1 mailing team and 1 home team but this might give solitaire coaches a way to interact.

Thoughts???!

—Idiom
3. One Bad Em-F-er, negative shout out; pertaining to weirdwolf: There goes one bad EM-F-er. I mean he can’t play and ain’t never win nothin’!