Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-20-2009, 08:09 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Let's help them know!

Maybe this is a dream of mine, or maybe this could happen. Most hobby stores don’t know because the people working there could be our kids. You would have to be in your 30’s and up to remember the heydays of electric football.
Most people don’t know we are here because there is no advertisement. At its peak you would walk into Toy R us and see stacks of electric football games. You brought your game home and started playing.
Now we are so advanced, but we may need to get back to the basics to get this thing going. Don’t think we would need the nfl license to make this work. But we have to package a functional game. I remember buying football cards, there was never a logo on the helmets (no license) so we could do that.

We could call it anything…for starters let’s say MFCA presents the Miniature Football Game.
Wolf would do the graphics for the box. There would be mfca promo cards, maybe a special tweak issue & dvd on how to get advanced play and rule sets inside.
The board would be slightly larger than 620. Generic field
Figs could be painted in unis but no helmet decals. Names and number decal sheet included
Geno QB & Kickers
And the most important thing…bases that will run out of the box. Maybe have them pre-tweaked or just make a new base?

Where would the money come from?
We could offer stock shares to our members. Who would be willing to put their money where their mouth is?
Who figs would we use? Anyone who put up shares to get the ball rolling.

Buy some commercial time. Start up with Target, or Modells, or Toys-R-us, anybody that’s willing to stock the game on their shelves.

It sounds far fetched, but look at the lady who started ebay, or the dude who started facebook?
Maybe it is, but it’s what I keep wishing for. Going into the toy stores, and not seeing any EF/MF games on the shelves just has me thinking………..what if!?

Simply getting back to the basics just might jump start everything.

the F.O.T.H. is Nat'l