Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Solitaire (The all by myself forum)
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2010, 11:45 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Championship Game

Have completed the first half of the Music City Miniature Football Association's Solitaire League of Electric Football 1933-1939 NFL Championship game and the Brooklyn Dodgers are leading the Green Bay Packers 7-0. The Dodgers got the ball first and drove 80 yards in 7 plays with Shipwreck Kelly scoring on a run from 35 yards out to give the Dodgers the lead at the end of the first quarter. In the 2nd quarter the Packers and Dodgers exchanged punts and the Packers had the ball on the Brooklyn 27 yard line after a 44 yard punt return by Arnie Herber with two plays and one time out left. A run by Herber of -2 yards and a pass from Herber to Hank Bruder of 8 yards gave the Packers a 3rd and 4 from the Brooklyn 21 yard line. The Packers attempted a 28 yard Field Goal form the left hashmark and it was wide right and NO GOOD!!!. The second half will begin after a much needed breakfast break.

There is snow and ice here in Tennessee (appropriate for a Green Bay home championship game) and I ain't goin' any where, so I got all day to finish this game.

Thanks
"All right, now, I don't want them to gain *another yard!* * You blitz…all…night!* If they cross the line of scrimmage, I'm gonna take every last one of you out! You make sure they remember, *forever*, the night they played the Titans!" from Remeber the Titans

Last edited by eflfanatic : 01-31-2010 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Additional Comments
Old 01-31-2010, 02:02 PM
MFCA MEMBER

heck, with all the extra time you can finish it, and then start NEXT season.
Old 01-31-2010, 06:13 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Final Score

The second half turned out to be a defensive struggle with neither team able to score. The Packers punted after gaining only 4 yards on their first possesion of the second half. The Dodgers then punted from the Green Bay 49 and the Packers then had a drive halted on a pass interception by Shipwreck Kelly when Arnie Herber tried to connect with Don Hutson. The Dodgers then got to the Packers 2 yard line but forced the Packers to use all their time outs. Then on the last 3 plays of the game the Dodgers proceeded to loose 21 yards but managed to run out the clock to take the Inaugural Championship Title.

Attached is a Game Summary. I will publish a full Play-by-Play report later.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Championship Game Summary.pdf (10.8 KB, 0 views)
"All right, now, I don't want them to gain *another yard!* * You blitz…all…night!* If they cross the line of scrimmage, I'm gonna take every last one of you out! You make sure they remember, *forever*, the night they played the Titans!" from Remeber the Titans

Last edited by eflfanatic : 01-31-2010 at 06:15 PM. Reason: corrections
Old 02-01-2010, 11:29 AM
MFCA MEMBER

lOOKS LIKE YOUR THE SECOND LEAGUE TO FINISH!
Old 02-01-2010, 06:59 PM
MFCA MEMBER

The bums from Brooklyn pulled it off. Way to go Dodgers! Congratulations Chris on an outstanding season. Along with your updtes it was a pleasure to follow.