Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD plus Strategies and Formations > MPFL Rules
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2010, 09:18 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default SPOKE WITH THE MPFL COMMISH FOR AN HOUR

MPFL COACHES,

yesterday, commissioner burgess called me in the 8:00 hour of the am ti discjuss MPFL BUSINESS. man, this league is the NFL 10 fold. There is so much to know in your play calling and game decisions. One great topic touched upon was the quarterbacks progression. This system allows the qb to throw the ball when a better opportunity may arise and not have to throw it when the board stops. What's also great is the qb can scramble at any point in the game moving around creating opportunity's. THE PASSING BAR IS THE GREATEST. You can develop a fran tarkenton type qb.

This stsem also allows for a better running attack due to the broken tackle rules. It will be exciting to see your back get nicked knowing he can continue on because the base hit was not flush.

ROUTE RUNNING IS THE BEST I'VE SEEN IN HTE HOBBY FOR MY TASTE.
Burgess touched upon having a running back flare out of the backfield that will draw that linebacker to cover him. Meanwhile via the next stop, their is a tight end running a shallow cross where that linebacker used to be. The qb can hii him for a nice dallas clark type of gain.

running backs performing cut backs.

Another incredible aspect to this great system. keep your eyes open, look for the lanes for the runner to run through and direct him there. On sweeps, learn who a receiver is supposed to block. Every downfield block is important to the play development. You can direct a receiver to an area for a run after the catch scenario. Lets say a on coming safety is closing in. You may have another faster receiver that you can direct towards that safety and hit him whitle the reciver who caught the ball bebfits from that great block.

If your db's cross in front of a receiver, PASS INTERFERENCE

Everything is getting called from blocking in the back to facemask.
I like the fumble rule also. When the board stops, if a defensive players body is touching the football being carried by the offense, THAT IS A FUMBLE. But if a clean tackle occurs on the offensive player, THE TACKLE OVERULES ANY FUMBLE. DOWN BY CONTACT.
THIS IS JUST LIKE THE NFL, IF YOU WANT TO JOIN, LET US KNOW HERE !
THANX
MANTARAYDRE
Old 03-02-2010, 09:22 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default TYPO AGAIN

wolf, i keep making these stupid typo's

please place "THE" after with on the title line .

thanx
mantaraydre
Old 03-02-2010, 04:15 PM
Coach

Default MPFL

Dre'

I'm looking forward to the up coming season in the MPFL. I gotta warn you, it's a fast pace system. You're under the play and time clock. Watch out for illegal LM down field on passing. This killed me in times pass. I finally got my board up and running and now I can practice more often. I enjoy the system more than any other system I've played in the pass. Get ready! Get ready! Get ready!

Smitty