Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD plus Strategies and Formations > MPFL Rules
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2010, 02:28 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default MPFL DEFENSE

MPFL COACHES,

watching players like Ray Lewis, Mike singlwtary, Neon Deon sanders, Ronnie lott makes yoU appreciate the mpfl System and what it has to offer.
The mentioned players are so reactionary, playing with 4 stops allows you to react to a play like they would. To simulate blanket Neon Deon coverage is to have him chase a WR that can be angled north south east and west .You need the addl stops to simulate this. If you develop a defensive back that can that can handle the chase. An offensive coach will not throw to that side/player. LIKE DEON !

Having a safety sitting on a magnet allows you to play that wait and see defense. THEN REACT. Like ronnie lott. He waited for the right moment before he decided who'''''s head he was going to knock off.During a running play, a RB may break one outside until the board stops. At that moment you take that ron lott figure off his magnet and send him towards that RB for some bell ringing. You need stops so you can see what develops.

Linebacker play is essential in football as you know. linebackers shuffle and scan before committing to a reaction. The shuffle and scan is them being on a magnet in the MPFL. Have him sitting back on a mag maybe 5 to 6 yds back to survey what's going' on. SINCE HE SHOULD BE ON A FAST BASE. He does not have to come off his magnet and react right away. If a coach runs a pitch or a sweep left, that running back has the ability to cut back via the next stop. Instead of angling the LB right away to make the tackle. Being on the magnet alows him to survey the play before making a decision to come.
He should be fast also to cover any lost ground. 'THE L.T EFFECT.

mantaraydre

Last edited by mantaraydre : 03-11-2010 at 02:50 AM.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:05 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default All True!

Dre,you are a great ambassador for this style of play.Can you explain the magnets rules.How many,when,ect.I picked some up at michael's.STT PS.Cannot wait to get my scale Steelers board from JM.STT
Old 03-11-2010, 11:20 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default PRIMARY LEAGUE.

Steel town thanx

This is my primary league in the hobby. I do play elsewhere for the fellowshipping aspect of the hobby. Being that this is my primary league i will do what i can to help Ant burgess promote it. I just wish you lived closer so you could join with the steelers.

The magnets, the

1)offense gets 3 (NO PLAYER ON THE LOS CAN HAVE A MAG)
You could place one on a full back to simulate a draw pay
You could put a mag om the slot receiver to simulate a delayed route. During the next stop you can hit that receiver with a Quick pass for nice yardage.
You can go 2 TE'S that will bring a receiver off the los that will make him eligible for a Mag. You can put a mag on that receiver and run a wide receiver screen.

Ant always said just think. Whatever plays you can think of that is within the guidelines and the NFL and MPFL JUST WRITE THEM OUT.

The magnets, the

Defense gets 5 magnets to use

1) safeties
2)linebackers

You can use 1 magnet or all 5 if you want, it depends on what kknd of defense you are running. Just make sure when you take those players off there magnets, THEY FLY TO THE BALL/PLAYER. You will have 20 to decide, should i take this player off of his mag now. Or should i wait until the next next stop

THANX
MANTARAYDRE

***PS OFFENSIVE WEAPONRY COMING NEXT !!!!l

Last edited by mantaraydre : 03-11-2010 at 11:32 AM.
Old 03-11-2010, 05:01 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Scale Size Board

Coaches

Any idea how to get a scale sized board? I tried to contact Jerry McGhee via e-mailto no avail. STT, could you contact Jerry and ask if he is willig to do another scale sized board from a fellow airman Or could you give him my e-mail address?
Old 03-13-2010, 07:03 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Pm him

Hello,I contacted him through the members section.He does not ship though.Lucky for me he moved 2 hrs away.Stt