Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2010, 11:18 PM
MFCA MEMBER

The way I see it, using the sticks increases strategy. You have to know your receivers (they can't just get open, you have to be able to angle them to hit the ball). You can actually run patterns; you have choices to make (where to angle the receiver). On defense, you have all sorts of options for coverage: man-on-man, bump-and-run, zone, etc. You can let the receiver get open to entice the QB to throw it, as long as you have a good angle to the ball.

The downside, of course, is that it reduces the skill required to play. Throwing the ball is one of the only physical skills required to play. Sure it takes skill to build a team, tweak bases, paint and detail your team, etc. But during the game, the only physical skill that can make a difference is throwing the ball (okay, kicking too). Taking that way does diminish the game somewhat.

I like playing either way. Physically I can't use the TTQB anymore, so I'm glad the sticks (or dice) are around.