Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2010, 01:02 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default THE JIM DAVIS 2010 ALL STAR TOURNAMENT IS CANCELED

I'M SAD TO SAY THIS BUT THE JIM DAVIS 2010 ALL STAR TOURNAMENT IS BEING CANCELED DUE TO NOT ENOUGH COACHES SIGNING UP TO PLAY.
I WANT TO SAY THANKS TO
GENO AND DOUG HENDRICKS
NORBERT R.
MARTY P.
BRUCE W.
TOM R.
CHUCK L.
SHAWN N.
DON L.
FOR WANTING TO COME AND PLAY
BUT AT THIS TIME I HAVE TO CANCEL THE JIM DAVIS 2010 ALL STAR TOURNAMENT.
MAYBE NEXT YEAR
THANKS TO ALL.
YOUR FRIEND JIM DAVIS

DON'T HATE ME BECAUSE YOU AIN'T ME
I'M JIMMY DAVIS AND I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE
Old 04-22-2010, 01:13 PM
MFCA Member #3

MFCA I am with you Jim...

Sorry to hear that Jim, but I had the same problem with the Hoosier Heartland Invitational a couple of years ago. The only difference is that I put out $900 thinking that "if you have it, they will come". Atleast you are smart enough to get committments ahead of time. I have learned it is not how much money you put out there, but it is more about timing. I suggest coming back to this idea in the fall, when everyone is not dealing with little league, summer vacations etc.

It will happen...because you are a legend...don't take anything personally...it really is hard to have a tourney in the spring/summer...

The Silverhorse is ready to ride! Geddy up!
Old 04-22-2010, 01:21 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Jim, thank you for trying and I understand why you are canceling. You did your part, and more. Don't give up on the idea, it is a great one. Thank you for letting us know far enough in advance to change our plans. I definitely want to meet you guys up there and will make the trip some day. Doug
Old 04-22-2010, 01:48 PM
MFCA MEMBER

I can only speak for myself .
Being a father of 3 boys , I have no free time from late March thru late October for anything other than their activities.
Maybe have your tourny before the CBSMF season starts , since you are using those rules anyway. Your tourny can be used as a springboard for the CBSMF season.

Just a thought.
Old 04-22-2010, 02:08 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Jim, I Will Get On Here For You

Jim,

I am definitely sorry I can not do it this year as I told you in an email. I think what you were gonna do was awesome and if you could do something like that next year (you know instead of the Motown Classic we had talked about), just do the tourney thing and I will make every effort to get to Detroit.

Like I said, Rose and I have family in Saginaw and that would be a great time to have it. Something I try to tell people who are doing things under Shootout systems is not to "clash" with other things going on under that system because everybody may want to play but being spread thin makes you lose potential players.

I would target (just like Silverhorse stated) right before the season starts or after the season is over and everyone had a chance to recover.

Rose told me I could have got on here earlier to throw some luv your way on having it but I told you what's going on. You know I've gotten nothing but luv for you as you have always been the first to support anything I've done!

I'll holla at you BUM

Reg
Old 04-22-2010, 02:17 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Jim,
I understand. Timing as all have stated is the key no reflection of you. No doubt when you do have your Tourney it will be a smash.

Geno H
Proud MFCA member #22
Visit G-FORCE @ www.gforcetdq.com
Old 04-26-2010, 08:03 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default All Star Tourney

Sorry, buddy, that it didn't work out. I was rarin' to go. But I'm still super psyched at playing in your league with the GL-EFLers.

Tom