Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2010, 03:51 PM
First Round Draft Pick

Default Motors?

Hey everyone,

I am going to try a new venture and attemp to build my own boards. Similar to the one feature on this site called Building a Miniature Football Board 101.

Anyway, I have a question about motors. What would the best, yet inexpensive type of motor to use? Also, would it be better to use two motors instead of one for better control? I've been searching places like Radio Shack but they have numerous motors, so I'm not sure exactly what size etc.to use. Another question I have is what about the speed control? What would I need to get to control the power input?

The fields are going to be used with one, a magnetic Raiderman field cover & the other a removable Mark Kistner field cover. So obviously the magnetic one is going to need more power to operate than the removable.

You've all been very helpful with any questions I've had in my short time on coming on here, so if I'm asking questions that have already been answered on multiple occasions, by all means point me in the right directions.

Thanks in advance!!!

Greg
Old 05-25-2010, 11:53 PM
First Round Draft Pick

Is there anyone whom I can contact?
Old 05-26-2010, 01:25 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Two options
Motors from the old gotham game . There is one on ebay at this time.
They normally around 25.00 .

Pm me if you need more information.

Not a expert but I have three custom fields and have made motrs for them or used a gotham . Some Gothams dont have the power I like, so I made my own.
Old 05-26-2010, 02:02 AM
Coach

Default Look for

a guy by the name of Pit Couture on this website. He has a post here on how to build a custom made board. But he is only one of many talented board makers here. Do a search for Pit Couture and Roller (another board maker) on the members list.
Old 05-26-2010, 08:05 AM
MFCA MEMBER

David Roller in the new issue of the Tweak magazine had a great paragraph about motors in his article. Check that out. I have never played on a Roller Board, but I have heard they are very good running fields and his wiring system is top notch!

The French Guy also had a great post on building his first board and he spent a lot of time on the motor explanation. http://www.miniaturefootball.com/for...ad.php?t=14791

Board Building thread motor section http://www.miniaturefootball.com/for...=14003&page=13

—Idiom
3. One Bad Em-F-er, negative shout out; pertaining to weirdwolf: There goes one bad EM-F-er. I mean he can’t play and ain’t never win nothin’!