Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2010, 10:52 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default STYLES OR STYLE, WHY ?

COACHES,

WHY DO YOU PREFER 1 STYLE OVER ANOTHER.

WHAT IS IT'S SELLING POINT TO YOU ?

Are you a coach willing to try different styles, or you prefer to stay home with the one you like.

Some coaches are willing to branch out and some are not. I'LL BE HONEST, IF SOMEONE ASKED ME TO JOIN A CERTAIN ENTITY I TEND TO COMPLY. But when i put things out there, i hear crickets. Am i wrong for feeling this way.
it's the same when some coaches go to several cities. The locals welcome you with open arms. But they never come to your city. Its the same principal.
its the same trying to promote things and no one else helps. same principal.
A neighbor helps another neighbor with his lawn. When it is time to reverse the situation, the other neighbor stays in the house and drinks coffee.

Bottom line is, i would hope ALL stay true to what they really believe in regarding this hobby.

Are we doing what we can to support one another ?

MANTARAYDRE
Old 06-03-2010, 11:45 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default I hope it's alright if I get in on this Andre

I prefer a game where I can get in 80-100 quality plays. I just have a problem with a style of play that gets a total of 30-40 plays over 3 hours.

I prefer a style of play where I can see the defense. If I am gonna be fooled, let me be fooled by creativity and ingenuity.

In my 17 year circuit, I have traveled to Los Angeles, Vegas, Washington, Harrisburg, Tennessee, and Oxford Alabama to play miniature football. I have tried to support what I can.

I have had agreements with tourneys that if you support mine, I will do the same for yours. I have went places where I know I was not welcomed. Sometimes, tourneys got to me through my wife because they know Rose is usually the key.

If you can honestly show me where a style can be played on TV and it stays exciting, I am in! If not, I will never speak ill of it but I will probably stay home. For me Dre, every second is so important to me and I just don't get a lot from a slower style of play. I have tried them and they just don't appeal to my nature.

However, as long as the game is being played, that's a good thing whether it's one style or another.

Just my take,

Reg