Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2010, 07:19 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Question Rules questions for stick method?

Using the sticks, can a receiver be behind the front most part of the QB's base when the pass is attempted? Would it be a fumble if he missed the pass?

Can a comeback pass (ball placed behind the receiver rather than down field of the receiver) be attempted using the short stick with the ball being dead at the spot of the made catch?

Can an engaged receiver attempt to catch a stick pass? If so, does the defensive player he is engaged with allowed to pivot also?

—Idiom
3. One Bad Em-F-er, negative shout out; pertaining to weirdwolf: There goes one bad EM-F-er. I mean he can’t play and ain’t never win nothin’!

Old 07-03-2010, 07:26 PM
MFCA MEMBER

I believe that using Dixie League Rules, the answers are No, No and No.
Old 07-03-2010, 08:26 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default BuzzBall rules...

........No to all.
Old 07-03-2010, 09:40 PM
MFCA MEMBER

I'm using sticks, and here's my take on the situations.

A: Yes, you can throw behind the QB, but if incomplete, you would need to devise some sort of loose ball recovery method, or perhaps make it out of bounds at whatever line the stick was at. Sort of an automatic loss of yards.

B: No, otherwise every long pass would be a comeback pass because it's the short stick.

C: Yes, but you can't turn either man, so you had better hope that the receiver breaks free without changing direction, otherwise the defense may have a clear shot at an interception with one of his other men.

That's just my
Old 07-04-2010, 01:23 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Forward Pass

Good question, for the first question I have seen a few leagues get creative when the intended receiver is coming out of the backfield and is behind the QB. In most tournament competitions the pass would not be allowed as stated by the previous posts when the intended receiver is behind the QB when the board is stopped. However some rule sets do allow the pass on the condition that the flight of the ball is leading the receiver where the ball is placed at a spot forward of the QB, making it a forward pass. Ray F.
Old 07-05-2010, 02:56 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Here in France, it's also "non, non, et encore non"

We doesn't allow receivers pivots and angles too. The offense coach can put the stick anywhere in front of the receiver (about 90°), but can't touch the WR to help him to find a line for running. No turn and burn too, if he complete the pass, the ball marker is removed and the board is turned on. The offense coach never touches the wr figure.

THe defense coach can pivot any free player to intercept (pivoted in direction of the ball first, if he touches first : interception) or tackle (touch the wr after the pass completion).

if the defense player tackle the WR between the WR original position and the ball marker : it's a defense fault.

It helped us to make the stick rule more fair for defense, and balance the passing/running game on offense.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:33 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Tornado Alley Rules are NO NO NO.

Geno H
Proud MFCA member #22
Visit G-FORCE @ www.gforcetdq.com
Old 07-05-2010, 09:39 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Do any of these rules have merit for consideration? What would be the negative effects of employing them?

—Idiom
3. One Bad Em-F-er, negative shout out; pertaining to weirdwolf: There goes one bad EM-F-er. I mean he can’t play and ain’t never win nothin’!

Old 07-05-2010, 11:21 AM
MFCA MEMBER

In my opinion, it will unbalance the sticks system.

For my own taste, I added some restrictions (no turn and burn, no offense pivots), and with our skills and tweaked teams, it gives us quite realistic stats, and allow people to play running games too.

"stock" rules for passing sticks are almost perfect. That system is lightweight, fast, and very balanced. Genius stuff. But you can make little adjustements depanding of your gaming style and level, I think.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:53 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Hanging Ball

I employ the hanging ball target. The hanging ball is placed over the end of the stick. The stick may be placed in any direction from the receiver base. The receiver is then angled toward the hanging ball. THe defense can angle their unengaged defenders toward the hanging ball. Once the board is turned on it stays on. In other words the receiver runs through the hanging ball and keeps on running. A better and faster game! I have found though, that on button hook, or come back passes, the offense is at a greater risk for interception. Now, sideline out patterns with a slight comeback angle to the sideline boundary is quite good, if for example you need 7 yards for a first down and your receiver is 10 yards down field. You might angle him toward the boundary at the target of 7 yards for a safe quick out pattern. We do this sideline out quite often!