Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2010, 12:04 PM
MFCA MEMBER

The Tweak is a small part of the picture. A book would include a bigger all around picture of the hobby from every angle, from the start to the present. As Reg mentioned, there is much written and oral history that needs to be complied into one source to preserve history and inspire future players. It would also help spread the word about the hobby and continue to give it more validity in the public eye.

It would be a big task and would require a number of committed people to the project and would also need each person to think about what they could offer to the project and then take the time to actually write, submit, scan photos, offer tips, write up league histories and much more to make the book a complete work.

—Idiom
3. One Bad Em-F-er, negative shout out; pertaining to weirdwolf: There goes one bad EM-F-er. I mean he can’t play and ain’t never win nothin’!

Old 07-13-2010, 12:08 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default good points...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reginald Rutledge View Post
that many guys are not even aware of that were not there in the beginnings of what has come to be. Many guys know some of the history but not a lot of the history.

The Tweak is a magazine, not a book (just my opinion Rookie). A book is something that chronicles the milestones and achievements of the game, not just individuals.

There were things in the early years of Tudor, conversations between Lee Payne and myself, the Klingbeils, the Landsmans, Myron Evans, trips to Superior Toys, and Tudor, and other things before the Internet where many of us were talking via Stadiumtalk,
The Read Zone, Outside the Lines, and other publications that were the forerunner.

There were characters who were as colorful and understood the importance of giving back to the game, hoping that someday the game would take its rightful place.

The game is viewed from the eyes of different people in different perspectives and a book can be written in that way or by one person's perspective. There's no right way or wrong way, only that the person has to be dedicated to the task.

Everyone tells a story with their own flava, in their own way, but everybody does not have that unique ability to convey those thoughts in an eloquent way to move people.

I just wondered if y'all had given it much thought. This was not to force this thinking on anyone, just wondering how many think about giving back instead of just taking information.

Reg
alot of that is quite true, RR.....

.... I still have my copies of those publications in my archives. Most may not be that concerned with the overall history because we each have our own "history talkin" that will give a different perspective on some of the different aspects of history... like those who lived in or near the mecca (TUDOR CORP on 176 Johnson St) during the 70's when things took off... to those who remember or was part of the early internet rebirth in the late 90's...

I like it and would be more than willing to add my history to the mix.... might be worth revisiting a "book plan".....

k-lo
Old 07-13-2010, 01:09 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default I CAN STILL

SMELL THE PLASTIC COOKING GOING UP ON THE ELEVATOR IN THE FACTORY.
YOU KNOW those old ugly elevators where you had to close a gate then the door. it was slow as heck when your anxious to get upstairs . getting that white box into your hands after sitting in the wating room was the greatest gift ever. We did not care about a logo back then, that dot on the helmet was the greatest dot mankind has ever known. still have the broncos and oilers with the dot on the helmet. THAT WAS WHEN THE WORLD WAS RIGHT.

MANTARAYDRE

HARD COVER OR SOFT COVER ?