Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Photo Gallery of Miniature Football
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2010, 09:13 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by the french guy View Post
Great job. It seems a lot of figs are customized, no ?

For better pics, see if your camera 's got a macro mode, often symbolized by a flower icon (tulip)
Dmitri, thanks, and yes some figs are customs I messed around with. The shutdown corners, I have been using for awhile, and they can lock down any receiver, because they are strong too. I don't consider myself a very good customizer, and some of the ideas come from my 12 year-old son. He has a great imagination. He is almost finished with his Jets team, and I will post pics when done. He is so good at painting, and customizing, that you will not be able to tell if he did them, or if I did them. Love that both my sons have picked up on EF, and are as obsessed with it as I was at their age.

As for the camera, thanks for the advise. I will look into it. IS THERE ANYTHING YOU DON'T KNOW ABOUT???

Seriously, I have been watching you from afar--you are one of the best additions to EF, and the MFCA in a long time. You take the time to break down everything, and offer input. Others just take jabs, and want to start stuff on this board. Keep up the good work!

Old 07-13-2010, 09:18 AM
MFCA MEMBER

wow, they are ready. YOU must be ready also for spring training tom do all that...lol. i love that little cowboys helmet on the base. sure would be kool to own a bunch of those little mini helmet decals, i wonder where to get them?
Old 07-13-2010, 09:24 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark robin View Post
wow, they are ready. YOU must be ready also for spring training tom do all that...lol. i love that little cowboys helmet on the base. sure would be kool to own a bunch of those little mini helmet decals, i wonder where to get them?
Mark, I'm fiending for football of any sort right now. My team is ready--just want the guys in the DSMFL to see what they are in for. the offense has been installed, and all tweaking has been done. Can we play ball?

Oh, and you know where to get those decals . PM me for details.

Old 07-13-2010, 05:16 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default just down right nasty!!!!

: seen more pictures
do i need to say more

dan
Old 07-14-2010, 06:57 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
As for the camera, thanks for the advise. I will look into it. IS THERE ANYTHING YOU DON'T KNOW ABOUT???

"the only thing I know...is that I know nothing"
Old 07-14-2010, 11:37 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Nice team

Those are very nice looking Cowboys. Your customizations do look good. The base numbers and helmets are a very nice touch. Are they stickers or decals? If they are the later, how well to they work with the plastic of the bases?

I am anxious to see your son's team. I think it is great that you and your kids are into this hobby together. I wish I could get my son interested.

Excellent work.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:04 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by gridironpainter View Post
Those are very nice looking Cowboys. Your customizations do look good. The base numbers and helmets are a very nice touch. Are they stickers or decals? If they are the later, how well to they work with the plastic of the bases?

I am anxious to see your son's team. I think it is great that you and your kids are into this hobby together. I wish I could get my son interested.

Excellent work.
Thanks, Painter. The base labels are decals. Stickers would eventually peel off, so I went with the decal. The plastic of most bases does not take the decals too well, so I primed the bases with a quick brush stroke of clearcoat (you could use any paint also). Once I did that, they laid down beautifully, and are permanent. They can be customized with any color, name/number, team logo.

I will post pics of my sons' teams soon. I am very impressed with them, as I did not help at all this time. Thanks again.