Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2010, 07:45 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Super news!

I hope it works out for you, and I can't wait to see the segment. That would be cool to see them use MF figures.

One thing though, Collinsworth was a WR. Why would they want him on defense?

Or...are they going to use the figures as part of the intro for the show? That would be really cool.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:49 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Kool!

Old 07-15-2010, 08:39 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboyMike View Post
I just got off the phone with a production mgr. from Showtime that wants to talk about me doing some figures for their video shoot for NFL films. It still has to go through approval with his bosses ,but none the less it was just great to get a call like that. Best of all just so my buddy imaghetu1962@yahoo.com knows that I wouldnt have to worry about copyright because NFL films own the rights. Anyway just thought I 'd share this bit of good news. Wish me luck guys..

Cowboymike
Exciting news Mike. Not sure this LOSER'S email still works, but I'm sure the IP does.

The one issue I have with this is that they contact you to do something for them, then you put in a quote, as I'm sure "Someone" else has done the same, and you wait to hear from them. I would believe that in order to get the hobby more exposure(and yourself), the best move would've been to say, "I'll do it for free". This would lead to bigger/better opportunity's down the road. Plus it gives you exposure. I've done plenty of work for NFL coach's/players and teams over the years, and I've never once asked for a penny for it, and the requests keep coming. 4 years ago Wolf and I did a whole set up with the Chiefs/Vikings SuperBowl for NFL films and we didn't charge them anything!

Unless you're a manufacturer in the hobby of your own items, there is not much chance of making a livable profit(and even that might not do it).

You know how hard it is to even get into making "Miniature Movie Sets"?? or miniatures for any show/film? I'm sure Chris Fields can charm in on this.

This isn't a knock on you or anyone else, it's just the belief I have that will preserve the hobby and advance the hobby to new level. Give now and the rewards will come later.

Sorry, I'm rambling, so I'll stop.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:24 AM
MFCA MEMBER

From what they have told me is in the segment they will be playing with the figures. They want Bengals defense against Giants offense. Im not sure how they will include Warren. I should find out something by tomorrow or mon. Guttman thanks for the advice. I offered that but he insisted I should get paid since his bosses have budgeted for it. I did though give a big discount and offered a free 620 for them to use with free Refs, Chain Crew, etc. They have an Excalibur they had planned on using. We'll see what happens.

Last edited by CowboyMike : 07-16-2010 at 01:28 AM.
Old 07-16-2010, 11:12 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Rambling Man....

Keep rambling Mike..........LOL
You're one of the "few" that knows'.....
Seriously,Mike makes a great point.
"You scratch my back,I'll scratch yours' "
But IF they insist on paying...........take
the money and run........LOL

SEMPER FI,
Chris Stacey
Hampton,VA
Old 07-16-2010, 11:58 AM
MFCA MEMBER

well it looks like I'm in!! I've been in contact this morning back and forth with showtime via email. I am freaking excited about this!! I feel very fortunate and honored to be asked to do this especially since there are so many other great painter/customizers here. Many who I feel are better than me (Megawattz,Gridironpainter,Chris, Guttman, just to name a few) So many great guys on here! Anyway I will post any other details as I get them. I hope this only makes this hobby grow even more.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:29 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Thumbs up youll do just fine

Quote:
well it looks like I'm in!! I've been in contact this morning back and forth with showtime via email. I am freaking excited about this!! I feel very fortunate and honored to be asked to do this especially since there are so many other great painter/customizers here. Many who I feel are better than me (Megawattz,Gridironpainter,Chris, Guttman, just to name a few) So many great guys on here! Anyway I will post any other details as I get them. I hope this only makes this hobby grow even more.
crazy as it sounds your contact with the logo cops, got u on the radar, funny how things work out, charge em $xxx to take care of your fines rep hommie dont forget about us little guys.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:44 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Well my bubble has been busted!!! Just as i was set to begin working on these guys when I get home from business trip, I got the call from Showtime that the director has decided not to do ef after all in the episode! Totally bummed out with that!! Oh well everything happens for a reason I guess.
Old 07-16-2010, 10:46 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Smile All good

Quote:
Well my bubble has been busted!!! Just as i was set to begin working on these guys when I get home from business trip, I got the call from Showtime that the director has decided not to do ef after all in the episode! Totally bummed out with that!! Oh well everything happens for a reason I guess.
stay on the ready hommie that can change again at any time, just work on your skillz in the mean time.