Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD plus Strategies and Formations > Shootout Rules
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2010, 02:23 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default shootout rule question

coaches,

During my game on saturday my quarterback ran th ball up the middle and broke free for a 85 yard touchdown run. it was called back because i forgot to give the defense the switch from the beggining of the play. (getting adjusted to the rules and style again). I did not realize that you DO NOT have to say run or pass when the qb has it. In my situation it was going to be a run from the start. no intention to pass. upon forgetting to give him the switch before the play, i was excited to see the qb break up the middle for the long td run. watching this run, ofcourse one can forget to turn off the board after a ten yard gain and hand the switch to the defense. I was suprised it had to be called back. I read in the rule book during a scramble if this happens it is only a 3 yard gain. I guess my only mistake was not giving him the switch during the beggining because it was a running play.

mantaraydre
Old 08-03-2010, 03:24 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Through my understanding of the rules:

Number 1
If you call run with your QB under center and your QB goes past 3 yards it is a pen. on the Offense.

Number 2
It is way unfair to have the controler in the offenses coaches hands if he is running the ball. You have to give the def. a chance to make that 85 yard TD run into a 10 yard gain.

Number 3
Just call it a lesson learned the hard way.
I have learned the hard way many times and I remember better that way.

You will find many more that you will not fully understand until you play and ref many games.
Good luck
Old 08-03-2010, 07:04 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Mantaraye, a rule of thumb...

is that if you know that is is going to be 100% a run, whether a QB sneak, around end, or a RB taking a hand-off, just hand it over to the defensive team.

That way, if the defensive coach forgets to turn if off and react after 10 yards, it's on him and he gets penalized (in a sense) if the QB scoots 85 yards for the TD.

"Rookie" is definitely correct in that reffing games give you a very good and sound perspective of the rules, the strategy, and the intensity of this style of play.

Reg