Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2010, 07:59 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Thanks Corey

I printed out the ones from the website. As long as that is the most updated version, then I am good.
"All right, now, I don't want them to gain *another yard!* * You blitz…all…night!* If they cross the line of scrimmage, I'm gonna take every last one of you out! You make sure they remember, *forever*, the night they played the Titans!" from Remeber the Titans
Old 08-15-2010, 09:09 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Thumbs up I read your rule set as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeram57 View Post
Heard from a few folks who were in Canton that the NEFL rules were very well received which prompts me to take a look and see if I could glean anything we all may want to implement down south as we are having a rules committee meeting next.

I'll take a look and present to the rest of the rules committee for their thoughts...CorEy, could ya PM me ur phone number in case I or one of the Deep Southerner's have a question.

Is that cool??

There's just a couple of thing that need tweaking but you guys would love this style of play. You would not need to make such drastic changes or sacrifices related to shoot-out. I noted when I srimmaged Joel that they have some form of stop-action similar to what the NEFL does as well as at Miggle and other venues. So many styles are so close and I am talking legitimately 70-100 teams and those are real numbers not bloated 100's that are really 30-40. Take a look and see how close you guys can get.

Just my thoughts.
Old 08-15-2010, 12:53 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default One suggestion

The rules set that the final game is going to be played by should be announced prior to arrival at the MFCA Con. At least a couple weeks in advance - I believe the game completion deadline allows for that much notification.
Old 08-15-2010, 01:32 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Thumbs up No issue at all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by artlax View Post
The rules set that the final game is going to be played by should be announced prior to arrival at the MFCA Con. At least a couple weeks in advance - I believe the game completion deadline allows for that much notification.
There are provisions for agreement on the rule set. That's what was done. Like Miggle, I do think that concrete rules may ultimately be the answer.

However, in this instance, I am throughly pleased with how much interest the MFCAL Championship game drew and the excitement it continues to create. When people who have watched or played the game over thirty years say it was the most exciting game they have EVER seen, that's one heckuva start.

My main concerns are not so much the rules but to insure that:

Egos don't ruin the party
Win at all cost is avoided.
Buddy systems and other loyalties taking away from the event and sportmanship.

In hindsight, Miggle pretty much covers that at their tournament we just need the higher quality play that we have come to know as the cherry on top.

The rules can be tweaked but the fellowship and integrity makes or breaks a tournament. So we will probably need some unbiased marshall and then a referee just to keep it pure.

Just my thoughts.
Old 08-15-2010, 02:04 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Rules announcement

The MFCAL-CPC Championship Game Default Rules were announced and posted on the MFCA home page June 16th,

http://miniaturefootball.org/2010/06...les-announced/

and on the forum the same day

http://www.miniaturefootball.com/for...hip+Game+rules

Plenty of time for anyone who was interested or cared enough to even read them.

From the lack of comments or questions that I got from anyone I don't think anybody even bothered to read them. That's OK. They were just an alternative for anyone who wanted to use them.

Quote:
There are provisions for agreement on the rule set. That's what was done. Like Miggle, I do think that concrete rules may ultimately be the answer.
Ken, I agree that at some point the MFCA has to come up with a concrete set of rules.

This is a quote from the outline and format that was given to the Rules Committee for developing the default rules:

Purpose: To create a set of “House” rules that may be used in the MFCA’s Coaches Points Challenge (CPC) tournament taking place during the MFCA Convention.

Mission: It is the mission of the MFCA Rules Committee to create a set of “House” rules that may be used by coaches in the MFCA’s Coaches Points Challenge (CPC) tournament that will be taking place during the MFCA Convention. In keeping with the mission of the MFCA, this rule set will allow coaches to use any equipment (game boards, game board accessories, figures, bases and balls) currently available to compete against other coaches under a set of rules that is unbiased towards any one local or regional set of rules, one manufacturer, or one style of play.

Requirements: At this time, the only requirements that will be specified are in regards to figure weight. Maximum 4.0 grams total player weight (figure and base). All other rules should allow the use of any equipment currently in production, within currently accepted practices and procedures and easily understood.
"All right, now, I don't want them to gain *another yard!* * You blitz…all…night!* If they cross the line of scrimmage, I'm gonna take every last one of you out! You make sure they remember, *forever*, the night they played the Titans!" from Remeber the Titans

Last edited by eflfanatic : 08-15-2010 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Additional comments
Old 08-15-2010, 03:31 PM
MFCA MEMBER

MFCA For the record. . .

I knew the default rules as I anticipated perhaps being the referee, not a contestant. It was merely my intention to be fair.

Having made that statement I personally commend the efforts of those individuals involved with formulating the default rules.

The decision was based upon providing a fair game. As such, the default rules did not say shall or must.
Old 08-15-2010, 03:33 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Sorry...

my understanding was that the NEFL rule set was selected by National as the points champ and announced upon his arrival at Canton.

The NEFL rule set is the default rules set?
Old 08-15-2010, 04:09 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default NEFL Rule Set

Quote:
I knew the default rules as I anticipated perhaps being the referee, not a contestant. It was merely my intention to be fair.

Having made that statement I personally commend the efforts of those individuals involved with formulating the default rules.

The decision was based upon providing a fair game. As such, the default rules did not say shall or must.
The default rules set was merely provided as an alternative. You and Corey had every right to play by the NEFL rules and I commend the both of you for wanting to provide a fair game. Just wish I could have been there to have seen it. (Guess that's what i'm PO'd about the most the ONE WEEKEND OF THE YEAR THAT I REALLY WANTED TO PLAY SOME EF AND PARTICIPATE IN THE CPC AND I COULDN'TGET OFF WORK!!!!! )

As I said earlier, I am going to look more closely at the NEFL rules and see what changes, if any, need to be made to stay within the purpose and mission of the rules committe for providing rules for the MFCAL/CPC Championship Game and meet the requirements.

Also, IF ANY ONE ELSE WOULD LIKE TO SERVE ON THE RULES COMMITTEE, YOU WOULD BE MORE THAN WELCOME. I can appoint whomever I want and as many as I want on the committee.

And while I'm at it I would like to thank AL DUNHAM, KELVIN LOMAX, ANDRE CODGIL, and TIM WRIGHT for serving on the rules committee and hope they will continue.

Thanks

Last edited by eflfanatic : 08-15-2010 at 08:41 PM. Reason: misspelling
Old 08-15-2010, 07:01 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Chris it would have been great for you to be there

Then there would have been somebody that knew those default rules line and verse. Kenny browsed thru them, and I did the same. The benefit of using the rule set was that myself and Adrian knew them, and Kenny (being a vet & fast study, learned on the fly) so the game had a good flow to it.

If you have any questions about the NEFL rules, Joe G, Andrew Stewart, Brian Healey, Rock Solid could answer most if not all questions. The fact that we have had 3 coaches from the Md area go to the bowl in the last 3yrs, and Joe G be a force 2 out of 3yrs speaks volumes about how easy it is to get up to speed.

I'm sure me and Kenny would have been entertaining playing any rule set tho. You had two big time cut ups/ characters going at it. Kenny had the hose out, but I wasn't trying to get wet!

Nat'l