Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2010, 10:10 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default The Speech To No Where! by Ed Roche

One of the greatest moments I have ever experienced at any convention was what I have now dubbed, "The Speech To No Where!"

After winning the kicking contest in a shocking upset, Ed Roche accepted the leather helmet award and delivered a riveting speech which absolutely no one heard or paid attention to. Undeterred, he forged on and completed his speech to my applause!

I hope that Ed can remember his speech and repost it here. I had tears in my eyes....from laughing! It deserves to be heard! Ed deserves to be heard!!
Attached Images

—Idiom
3. One Bad Em-F-er, negative shout out; pertaining to weirdwolf: There goes one bad EM-F-er. I mean he can’t play and ain’t never win nothin’!

Old 08-17-2010, 10:24 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Why Does Joe Greco Always seem to be...in the m

middle of doing some type of service project or lending a hand of support?

It just befuddles me????
Old 08-18-2010, 08:05 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Transcripts

Transcripts are available from the MFCA . They are at a nominal fee but you also get a set of autographed felt fooballs from the two championship games.

Get em while they last.

RS
Old 08-18-2010, 08:17 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Speech

Abridged Transcript:

"First, I'd like to thank Miggle for making the TTQB that I kicked with and the ball that I used.

Next I'd like to thank CorEy for showing me the "secret ingredient" he covers his felt footballs with in order to make them fly straighter. I was always wondering why the bathroom would be full before big games and kicking contests - now I know.

Finally, I'd like to thank Warren Sapp and the Miami Hurricanes. You see I was getting labeled as 'soft' for always showing up with a powder blue team. I kept telling them that it wasn't 'powder blue' - it was an off shade of periwinkle but that still didn't stop them from laughing. So I got tougher and decided to go with orange this year.

So for all of you who think that your dreams are out of reach, always remember the immortal words of the golf announcer who once interviewed Arnold Palmer and said, 'The secret to his success is that every night his wife takes out his balls and kisses them.'
Old 08-18-2010, 08:44 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by MplsTom View Post
Abridged Transcript:

"First, I'd like to thank Miggle for making the TTQB that I kicked with and the ball that I used.

Next I'd like to thank CorEy for showing me the "secret ingredient" he covers his felt footballs with in order to make them fly straighter. I was always wondering why the bathroom would be full before big games and kicking contests - now I know.

Finally, I'd like to thank Warren Sapp and the Miami Hurricanes. You see I was getting labeled as 'soft' for always showing up with a powder blue team. I kept telling them that it wasn't 'powder blue' - it was an off shade of periwinkle but that still didn't stop them from laughing. So I got tougher and decided to go with orange this year.

So for all of you who think that your dreams are out of reach, always remember the immortal words of the golf announcer who once interviewed Arnold Palmer and said, 'The secret to his success is that every night his wife takes out his balls and kisses them.'
That's actually pretty close!

—Idiom
3. One Bad Em-F-er, negative shout out; pertaining to weirdwolf: There goes one bad EM-F-er. I mean he can’t play and ain’t never win nothin’!

Old 08-18-2010, 11:37 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Thumbs up Although I wasnt there Coach Eddie.R granted me the chance to hear the replay of the

speech and in the middle of a game I listened it was wonderful Ed is one of the few that can and will make you laugh until your stomache truly aches again I congratulate you my mentor, friend, and brother in life. Welcome back
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Solid View Post
Transcripts are available from the MFCA . They are at a nominal fee but you also get a set of autographed felt fooballs from the two championship games.

Get em while they last.

RS
Old 08-18-2010, 06:21 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Arnold Palmer

I bet that it makes his putter flutter