Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Photo Gallery of Miniature Football
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2010, 07:16 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Hi,

I received my inkjet cartdriges, but I lost my football fonts for decals

Anyway, I wanted also to speak about the stand I use to work (paint, sculpt) on my figures.

It's very easy to build : take a photo 35mm round box (everyone has old photo films boxes), and fill it with sand.

Then, close the box, and put some scotch adhesive to make the cap safer.

Then, take double sided adhesive, and put some on the top of the box. You can stick your figure on it and work without touching the figure. The sand in the base is also very stable and add confort for painting (you can hold it in your hand, the weight helps to avoid hand shaking).

You can replace that box with anything similar, of course.

Hope it helps
Old 09-21-2010, 03:39 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Old 09-23-2010, 08:12 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Hi,

Today I worked on the decals sheet, using Inkscape, a great free, opensource vector graphics design software.

I made sheets for home and away jersey (classic setup : home=offense chart, away=defense chart), on separate files since I'll print home numbers on white decal sheet (since my printer can't print white color), and the away numbers on a transparent decal sheet.

To save some ink and paper, I just print the depth chart numbers (with secondary or 3rd depth positions numbers, for future players options), not a complete 00-99# template.

A good tips is also to print wide templates, so you can print it, and then cut only the part of the decal sheet you want, and be able to print another things after.

the tips to print white is to find a matching color that will fit your painted jersey. Then, you print it on a white decal sheet. Actually, you're not printing white numbers, BUT around the numbers.

For away numbers it's easier, since you can print directly the numbers on transparent sheet, without any background.
Attached Images

Last edited by the french guy : 09-23-2010 at 08:16 AM.