Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Solitaire (The all by myself forum)
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2010, 07:42 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default NJLMFL Kickoff Rules

This is how I do kickoffs it in my league.

Flip a coin to see who gets the kick.

Home team goes right to left in the first half and left to right in the second.

Sides would switch again for overtime.

For my kickoffs I use a 30 sided dice (easy to find online) and a small chart.

Setup-

Kicking Team- The kicker lines up in the middle of the field at his own 45.

He is flanked by 4 guys on each side lined up at the 50.

I place 2 guys behind the kicker as safety defenders one at the 30 and one
at the 15. These guys make alot of TD saving tackles.

The return team lines up at their own 30 with the 4 lineman type figures between the hashmarks. There are 2 players flanking these linemen on each side at the 30 so your front wall is 8 players across. I put 2 players directly on the hashmarks at the 20 as the wedge blockers. The kick returner hangs back until the ball is kicked.

The Kickoff

This is very simple. I roll the 30 sided dice and whatever number comes up that is the yardline the returner starts from. This covers rolls from 1-20. Turn on the board and watch them go.

The small chart for kickoffs comes into play on rolls from 21-30 as follows

21- Returner starts at goal line but fumbles when tackled. You can do your recovery how ever you choose. If the returner runs out of bounds or for a TD the rule does not apply. You may angle the returner to the sidelines if you wish to avoid turnover but will give up field position.

22- The kick simply goes to the goal line.

23- Returner muffs the kickoff. Roll dice again and thats where he recovers his own fumble. Anywhere from his own 1 to the 30.

24-Kick goes 5 yds deep into endzone. Coach may choose to run it out or take a touchback. You could also use a dice roll using evens or odds to make a random decision(this is what I do).

25 thru 29- Automatic Touchback.

30- Kick out of bounds. Offense gets ball at midfield.

**At the end of any run back where a tackle is made. I roll the dice again for a penalty or fumble. If the ball carrier goes out of bounds or runs for a TD then I am only rolling for a penalty.

If the roll is 13 there is a penalty ( you may make up your own penalty rules).

If the roll comes up a 1 there is a fumble at the spot of the tackle ( your own rules for recoveries).

If the roll is a 30 there is a fumble as well and you go to your recovery rules but here is where my unique Challenge rule comes into play.

If the return team recovers just continue play.

If the kicking team (defense) recovers then the recieving team(offense can challenge the ruling on the field. Stop the clock. Simply roll the dice one more time. If you roll evens the call is reversed and the runner is down by contact and the kicking team(defense) is charged a timeout.(no timeout taken away if inside of 2 minutes of each half or overtime-booth review). Roll odds and the kicking team(defense) recovers at the spot.

***I use this same rule after every play of the game where a tackle is made.

If the ball carrier goes out of bounds or runs for a TD then I am only rolling for a penalty.

This also makes it possible for a player who is running back an interception or fumble to actually fumble the ball back to the other team on the same play. I've had this happen on occasion.

dogwood30
View Public Profile
Send a private message to dogwood30
Send email to dogwood30
Find all posts by dogwood30
Add dogwood30 to Your Buddy List