Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Solitaire (The all by myself forum)
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2010, 12:17 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Blowouts!

I'm sitting watching Oregon wrap a 60-13 demolition of UCLA (and it wasn't that close).

As I really start to get full bore into my solitaire leagues, there haven't been any super blowouts yet.

But I was curious for those of you that have been playing solitaire for a while, what was the biggest blowout you've had? Who were the teams, what were the circumstances?

Ed
Old 10-22-2010, 12:44 AM
MFCA MEMBER

in my solitaire league, at least since internet times, i have not had a team go over 35 points. i think its because i only use 10 plays for each qtr, with each team getting 2 timeout plays per half. lots of my games are 14-7 or 21 -14 . usually there isnt many blowouts in my league.
Old 10-22-2010, 07:33 AM
MFCA MEMBER

I had 2 last year. The Killer Bees walloped the Third Reich 42-7 and the Sasquatch blanked the Fairies in the playoffs 35-0. The funny thing is, without making any changes from last year, the Reich beat the Bees this year, and the Fairies and 'Quatch went to overtime in the first game this year. Sometimes the teams just aren't up for the games and other times they are.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:32 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Great Post Ed,

It took me a little time but I went through all of my recorded playoff games covering my 48 Super Bowls and this is what I found

SUPER BOWL 4 Chicago 53.....Kansas City 20

SUPER BOWL 15 Buffalo 45..... Minnesota 10

Most recent Super Bowl 47 Tournament AFC Championship Game
Buffalo 65.....Kansas City 31

1985 NFC Championship Game- San Francisco 51.....Washington 10

1976 AFC Divisional Round- Houston 52.....Cincinnati 3.

1975 NFC Divisional Round- Oakland* 35.....Atlanta 0.
This game is the largest shutout game I've had.

I had an uneven number of teams in both conferences that year so I put Oakland in the NFC for one season. As it was Oakland went on to appear and win their only Super Bowl in their history.

Buffalo was on the winning side twice in blowout wins and Kansas City was crushed twice.

All of these scores came when I was using smaller boards except one.

The Bills 65-31 win over Kansas City was on my much larger Watts Board that I currently use. The Bills also beat the Ravens 52-35 in the wild card round in the same tournament. The Bills line was so strong that year their run game was unstoppable yet when they got to Super Bowl 47 the Vikings had an equally strong line and beat them 21-20 thanks to some turnovers and a blocked FG to end the game.

Mike
Old 10-22-2010, 09:29 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavennaAl View Post
I had 2 last year. The Killer Bees walloped the Third Reich 42-7 and the Sasquatch blanked the Fairies in the playoffs 35-0. The funny thing is, without making any changes from last year, the Reich beat the Bees this year, and the Fairies and 'Quatch went to overtime in the first game this year. Sometimes the teams just aren't up for the games and other times they are.
What I find interesting is how teams change during games.

My Florida State-Ohio State game looked headed for a massacare, when FSU scored touchdowns on their first 3 possessions and posted 21 points in the opening quarter.

Then, tOSU wouldn't let them get back in the end zone. FSU's offense fizzled, and they managed just 3 field goals the rest of the way.

It's a great thing about EF that no two games, or even plays, when set up exactly the same way, are ever the same.

Ed
Old 10-22-2010, 11:09 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Just like my Bears yesterday. 21 points in 1st Quarter. Then Boom Boom out go the lights. Held on for 24-17 win. They should have lost this one.

I will follow your posts and play the same guys for FSU and Clemson for the solitaire league. From what Dre said it looks like you have to play 4 games for Clemson as well. I posted the 4 games I will play for both Clemson and FSU on his thread. I was figuring if both of these teams need a 9th game on their schedules you could just use the results from the FSU-Clemson game in your league.

Mike
Old 10-22-2010, 11:17 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogwood30 View Post
Just like my Bears yesterday. 21 points in 1st Quarter. Then Boom Boom out go the lights. Held on for 24-17 win. They should have lost this one.

I will follow your posts and play the same guys for FSU and Clemson for the solitaire league. From what Dre said it looks like you have to play 4 games for Clemson as well. I posted the 4 games I will play for both Clemson and FSU on his thread. I was figuring if both of these teams need a 9th game on their schedules you could just use the results from the FSU-Clemson game in your league.

Mike
That works for me. I guess I didn't understand who FSU and Clemson are playing. Are they playing the other teams from our conferences half and half to make out a full schedule?

Ed
Old 10-22-2010, 01:36 PM
MFCA MEMBER

That's the way I read it.

Mike