Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Solitaire (The all by myself forum)
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2010, 02:23 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default THANX FOR YOUR COOPERATION

COACHES,

Thanx for your cooperation for those coaches who replied to the new solitaire league coming. This is a great way to play against one another without playing one another. The two team idea is an excellent fit for what we are going to do. Im quite excited about this venture as you will see some things shortly. You will enjoy the competition from your very own home. No travel cost or missing work is a major plus in todays world. All of this is being traded just for your honesty in game play and enthisiasm overall. Their is big excitement in many fantasy football leagues and this will be the same. The only different is we are actually playing instead of depending on players you watch the tv. grab your favorite college teams, enjoy them, represent them, and try to get them to the big game.

Thanx again
mantaryaydre

Last edited by mantaraydre : 11-01-2010 at 02:29 PM.
Old 11-01-2010, 04:04 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Honestly, I readed twice the topic concerning that solitaire league and just didn't undestand anything. You have one team (real team with figures, bases and all, right ? ), and you'll play against who ? teams sended by mail by other solitaire coaches ? Or you'll play against your own other teams, representing the team of another solitaire coach ?

I mean, you and I are in conference A, composed of 2 teams, team 1 and team2. My team is "team1" and your team is "team2". Each of us need to have all the teams in the conference to play the games.

When I play my team against another teams represented by another solitaire coach, it's like a home game for me, and the stats and points will go for me AND for the team of the other solitaire coach ?

So you need your team and all the other teams engaged in the league (or at least, the conference) to be able to create games and stats for each schedule dates opposing your team against another one, am I correct ?

If I understand correctly the concept, it's why I didn't participate to that league, because of my lack of extra teams and bases.
Old 11-02-2010, 01:27 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Hey french

The concept

1) You must pick 2 teams. 1 is your primary favorite college team, the other is your secondary choice. It is like you are the head coach for 2 different teams at the same time. Team 1 and Team 2 must play 6 games each. A total of 12 games per season for both teams combined. I would have said 8 games each but coaches nay think that was too much.

Im not sure how familiar your are with our college system. These teams represent a specific conference depending on what part of the country the school is located and other factors. Here, just take both teams you chose to coach, and place them in one of the conferences.

1) TEAM 1 CHOICE and CONFERENCE
A-OPPONENT 1
B-OPPONENT 2
C-OPPONENT 3

2)TEAM 2 CHOICE and CONFERENCE
A-OPPONENT 1
B-OPPONENT 2
C-OPPONENT 3

You can use the same 3 opponents that is listed in both conferences to play your team 1 and team 2 choices you are going to coach.

Realistically, you can have just 5 teams overall. Have your choice 1 and 2 teams play those 3 opponents twice. That gives you six(6) games for team choice 1 and six(6) games for team choice 2.

At the end of each college season the have a series of bowl games. 1 of the games is the national championship. THIS IS WHAT WE ARE ALL PLAYING FOR. your 2 team choices will be the two teams playing in your bowl game at the end of the season. we are going to have

1) The Fiesta Bowl

2)The cotton Bowl

3)The orange Bowl

4)outback bowl

5) Sugar bowl

6) Rose Bowl ( THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP )

All of our 2 TEAM CHOICES will go into an AP POLL system
Not in this order, i'm just listing as an example

1)notre dame
2)hofstra
3)missouri
4)air force
5)evansville
6)florida state
7)james madison
8)texas
9)smu
10)lsu

This is 5 coaches participating and each have chosen 2 of the 10 teams listed. Records and stats will ONLY be kept for the teams listed in the AP POLLS. The other teams that are part of your conference as opponents are there just to play the game on the road to give your chosen team a win or a loss. A CONFERENCE TEAM CAN BE ANY COLLEGE TEAM. IT CAN BE duplicate team that you see in the AP POLL. But any conference OPPONENT record keeping will be non existent. Except if they give one of your chosen 2 teams a loss that will go in the AP POLL.

The most important thing is to get as many wins for both of the teams you have chosen. We all want to get to that ROSE BOWL with our 2 chosen teams playing in it. The winner of of any coaches 2 chosen teams that make it to the ROSE BOWL will be the national champion.

The AP POLL will fluctuate the entire season based on wins, losses, percentages, etc etc. This league must be based on honest in game play and reporting since you are playing alone. BY YOUR RULES !
This is why i call it a league within a league.
1)your playing games in your respective conferences alone at home.

BUT

2)your playing against teams in the AP POLLS consisting of coaches from around the country/world. BEST OF BOTH WORLDS.

Mantaraydre

Last edited by mantaraydre : 11-02-2010 at 01:57 AM.
Old 11-02-2010, 04:54 AM
MFCA MEMBER

OK, now I understand, I believe.

Well, as I thinking about, no matter the system, I don't have enough team to entry the league. Next year perhaps

have fun !
Old 11-02-2010, 01:15 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default ATT FRENCH GUY

hey french,

I want you to join, this is your way of playing in a league while living in another country. Regarding teams, i can send you these 11 man teams.

1)florida

2)texas

3)purdue

4)tennessee

5)washington

6)michigan.

why dont you do this. choose 1)michigan and 2) florida as your TWO TEAMS

THE FRENCH GUY
1)MICHIGAN ( BIG TEN CONFERENCE ) PRIMARY TEAM ****

2)FLORIDA (ATLANTIC COAST CONFERENCE) SECONDARY TEAM

MICHIGAN
1)Texas (play twice )
2)tennessee ( play twice)
3)purdue (play twice)

FLORIDA
1)Washington (play twice)
2)tennessee (play twice)
3)purdue (play twice)

Your bowl game will be MICHIGAN vs FLORIDA at the end.
But what bowl game remains to be seen.

***you can easily make a penn st team. They just have 1 blue stripe down the middle of there helmets and a blue stripe on there sleeve. NO LOGOS ANYWHERE. Just get 11 white figures and paint the stripes. Place penn state in the big 10 against michigan. replace tennessee in the big ten for penn st.

mantaraydre

Last edited by mantaraydre : 11-03-2010 at 12:59 AM.
Old 11-02-2010, 01:49 PM
MFCA MEMBER

And French Guy - it's not like your opposing teams need to be fancy. Mine are just going to be 11-man general representation of teams.

If you have an all yellow/black team, or if you have a Steelers team, play them as Iowa! If you list some teams you have, I can give you some ideas about which college teams would be nice matches. Beyond the two primary teams you pick, it doesn't matter what the other colleges are.

Jump in!

Ed
Old 11-02-2010, 01:50 PM
MFCA MEMBER

I know one thing I'm planning, I'm going with the Dogwood30 approach for my teams. Every team is 11 guys, and the bases will be color-coded rookie bases for each team.

Keep it simple. More enjoyment.

Or, the exact opposite of my current solitaire leagues (which I'm enjoying, but which has gotten a bit tedious at times. Adjustments needed).

Ed
Old 11-02-2010, 02:37 PM
MFCA MEMBER

OK, thanks a lot

Let me see what I have available here, and re-read all the stuff to be sure I understood and come back with questions later in the evening (here it's 7.30pm, I just came back from work).

I will also need bases. I have a big lack of bases

if anyone 's got miggle rookie bases (regular bases on sprue), just hit me on PM, I'll buy them for regular price. It's just really difficult to buy things from France.

I'm waiting for bases for my main team (buzzball bases) but I want to keep them for my "competitive" teams. For solitaire game, the cheaper, the better, I have some good tweaking results wit simple miggle rookies.

EDIT : I have about 30 figures I can use for that league. Fab 5 regular figures (not bigmen), the first MF figures I had (thanks to Scott!) I kept most of them "alive" because of the size. All the bigmen went in my "big" teams and main projects box. I kept these "small" fab5 for future solitaire projects (arena football, Japan Xleague, or France Elite), so it's a good occasion to use them.

I'll repaint them to show you that I can paint the fast way too, not only making 2 or 3 athletes by month
Attached Images

Last edited by the french guy : 11-02-2010 at 03:07 PM.