Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Solitaire (The all by myself forum)
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2010, 03:15 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default solitaire league experience sheet

Hi,

Today I had a new idea for solitaire league. I plan to use an experience sheet, like in wargaming campaigns.

I explain. On wargames, your army on campaign beginning is always composed with rookie troops. Fighting and having succes on missions, they improve their skills, become better, tougher, etc...

Imagine a college football team. Composed by rookies, wich had not revealed all their potential. Some of them will fall during their college years, being injuried, or simply disapointing. Some other ones will become pro football stars. Everything is decided on the game field.

Why not introduce the same principes in solitaire leagues ?

Imagine your team. Tweaked and ready to play. They will play games, they will EVOLVE.

How ? simple. On a solitaire game, you note all the stats and games events. So let's say, a victory in a game = a main bonus. A lose = a main malus.

Your running back have 50yards by game ? = bonus
Your receiver is good ? Maybe your recruiters made the good choice with him, perhaps it's the future NFL star... = bonus

Let's speak about numbers to see how we can make it work

For running back, we can imagine a ratio of 0.2 by each yard the RB gains.

Imagine last game : rb runs for 50yards. 50*0.1 = 5yards bonus. On next game, when your RB is tackled, add 5 yards to his rush.

For receiver : Seeing the percentage of completion, with the same ratio system, we can imagine some yardage bonus for people using passing sticks. Let's say the WR has a 5yards bonus : on the next game passing play, the figure will be allowed to move forward about 5yards to the ball marker.

for linemen : adding a weight ratio ! A victory = 0.1grams under the base, for example. A sack = you loose the advantage on next game, for example.

A defeat will cancel the last bonus for the next games. 2 defeat = you loose the 2 last bonus stages. etc, etc...

Add a injury system, and feel almost the real coach emotion when your star RB with 15yards bonus destroys his knee just before the BOWL...

You'll see your youngs growing to success...or failure. Like the real thing.

NOW imagine your college team is fantasy (names you choose for the athletes, name of team). Play 2 or 3 seasons, and record everything, stats, bonuses, etc... You'll be ready to create your own draft, to include your players in a pro team, depanding of their skills!

The best ones will go in your NFL solitaire league...the other ones, in arena, UFL, or any other league. And on these leagues...using the same systems, they will have a chance to be on highlight and evolve again in their carreer ! YES, CAREER !

For now it's just some ideas I throw on the forum to keep them alive, but I believe that 's a good idea. I'm plenty of good (or weird, depands of the point of view ) ideas

Last edited by the french guy : 11-05-2010 at 03:24 PM.
Old 11-05-2010, 04:02 PM
MFCA MEMBER

very ambitious but yes, it could be a great idea.

Nice stuff as always mon ami.

Benster
Old 11-05-2010, 05:11 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Even not going so far with the whole career and draft stuff, I'm sure it is a realistic (in terms of do-ability) project for solitaire league.

I'll prepare something about it, during my Spartans and Gators team building for next year season
Old 11-05-2010, 05:17 PM
MFCA MEMBER

I think it's a great idea, but I'd never remember to keep track of all that and implement the bonuses during games.

I'd probably do something with less math, where if you start with an untweaked league, and someone does great, they get a little tweak as a reward.

But then, they'd keep getting better while others were stagnant, due to the relative ability of one vs. the others. So maybe that won't work.

Ed
Old 11-05-2010, 05:29 PM
MFCA MEMBER

In my idea, if you already record stats, adding bonuses will be easy. You'll just have to watch the stats after the game.

The "maths" will be simple. Believe me, I'm not a math brain, far from it. Just have to find a easy and fair formula for each important position.

For the next game, it will be simple, the linemen and strong positions will be weighted, you'll just have to watch your experience sheet to see wich athlete has a bonus or not, after the completion of a play. You RB is tackled, your QB has already throwed the ball (=ball marker is on the field), you just have to read the experience sheet to see if your RB or WR has extra yards.

The key is to add bonuses on play completions. If the athelete does not throw/carry/recieve the ball, you change nothing to the system.

The weak part of it, it's how to manage bonuses on defense, and for the QB. But we just have to think about it.